• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any Ukrainian plans to lift the seige of Mariupol?

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Things are not looking good at all for the defenders of Mariupol. The Chechens are not at the gates. Chechens are at the center of Mariupol. This according to an interview to BBC by mayor of Mariupol Vadym Boichenko where furious battles are raging between Russian Forces and Defenders of the Zelensky regime.

Now it is hard to really read the Russian fields of battle. From Ukrainian sources- official and unofficial- there is information over saturation; tons and tons of video clips of vaporised Russian amour and dead Russians. From the Russian side, zero.

So it may very well be that the good mayor exaggerates his situation so as to egg on Zelensky in Kiev to authorise a campaign to lift the seige of Mariupol. Some Azov veterans in Kiev have also been calling for an operation to lift the seige of Mariupol. But Zelensky is having none of that. For starters there is no Ukrainian von Manstein to command the relieving force. And second, von Manstein was unsuccessful in lifting the seige on Stalingrad.

It may be curtains for Mariupol

Fighting Has Reached Mariupol's Center, Mayor Says​

The battle between Ukrainian and Russian forces for control of Mariupol has reached the city center, Mayor Vadym Boichenko told the BBC Friday.

good. **** ukraine. Hope putin slaughters them all

I'm sure lifting the siege is a priority, but I dont think Ukraine has enough assets to do it at this point, which is a tragedy. They have to pick their battles carefully, because if they go out into the open then theyll give the Russians the advantage.

I'm sure lifting the siege is a priority, but I dont think Ukraine has enough assets to do it at this point, which is a tragedy. They have to pick their battles carefully, because if they go out into the open then theyll give the Russians the advantage.

They have said today that they don't have the combat power to relieve the city. However, in Kiev Ukraine is building a third line of defense and it appears that the Russians are also resigned to dig in ... making great targets for drones and bunker busters.

Reactions: PoS
They have said today that they don't have the combat power to relieve the city. However, in Kiev Ukraine is building a third line of defense and it appears that the Russians are also resigned to dig in ... making great targets for drones and bunker busters.

If Mariupol falls it makes a pressing decision urgent: that on Ukrainian Forces deployed on the separation lines with the separatist republics. If Russians will, after Mariupol, be actually creeping up their backs northwards.

It is hard to make sense of the wars in Ukraine. There's a saturation of information from the Ukrainian side and near zero from the Russian side.

I will say the tech: drones, bunker busters, tank killers that according to the Ukrainians has decimated the Russians appears to have been absent from the skies over Mariupol. Precisely where they are needed. That demands explanation.

Being cynical, I must say that I really don’t know. If they can they probably would, but something in me says it is not a priority. The priority is instead focusing on evacuating the civilians rather than trying to hold the city.

Before the attack on Crimea the Ukraine had similar problems to you with right wing extremists (their own equality to their “Trumpiest”) that , with the help and financing of Russia arranged a number of riots in the Ukraine, similar to the riots you have had “in the name of Trump”. With trying to invade government building, kidnappings and so on (very much like in your country) A very military organization was set in place among them(partly trained by Russia) When Russia took Crimea and initiated the unrest in Donetsk and Luhansk, half of those right wing extremists joined Russia and the other half stayed on the side of the Ukraine. Many right wing extremist from US and Europe joined the fights, some on the Russian side and some on the Ukraine side. Since then, the ones that stayed loyal to the Ukraine has been integrated to the Ukrainian army and out of the 200 000 soldiers they are about 2000 soldiers from this organization. These are the people that Putin use as an excuse for the entirety invasion. They have a pluton within the army and it is that pluton that is defending Mariupol. The Russian forces trying to take Mariupol contains very much the other half of the original organization.

Being cynical, I must say that I really don’t know. If they can they probably would, but something in me says it is not a priority. The priority is instead focusing on evacuating the civilians rather than trying to hold the city.

Before the attack on Crimea the Ukraine had similar problems to you with right wing extremists (their own equality to their “Trumpiest”) that , with the help and financing of Russia arranged a number of riots in the Ukraine, similar to the riots you have had “in the name of Trump”. With trying to invade government building, kidnappings and so on (very much like in your country) A very military organization was set in place among them(partly trained by Russia) When Russia took Crimea and initiated the unrest in Donetsk and Luhansk, half of those right wing extremists joined Russia and the other half stayed on the side of the Ukraine. Many right wing extremist from US and Europe joined the fights, some on the Russian side and some on the Ukraine side. Since then, the ones that stayed loyal to the Ukraine has been integrated to the Ukrainian army and out of the 200 000 soldiers they are about 2000 soldiers from this organization. These are the people that Putin use as an excuse for the entirety invasion. They have a pluton within the army and it is that pluton that is defending Mariupol. The Russian forces trying to take Mariupol contains very much the other half of the original organization.
Maruipol is a priority for the Ukrainians. Its the only city they have left in the Sea of Azov. Zelensky must be painfully aware that if he loses that city, Ukraine's access to that sea is gone.

Maruipol is a priority for the Ukrainians. Its the only city they have left in the Sea of Azov. Zelensky must be painfully aware that if he loses that city, Ukraine's access to that sea is gone.
You might be right, I said I was being cynical.

There's your buddy.

I used to think that @Juks was one of the more serious DP commenters. Was my previous assessment wrong, or has Juks changed in the past few weeks? I think the answer is: Both seem true.

I used to think that @Juks was one of the more serious DP commenters. Was my previous assessment wrong, or has Juks changed in the past few weeks? I think the answer is: Both seem true.

You were responding to Darkwizard.

What has happened to Mariupol is a war crime in itself.

Russian politicians should have every Ruble seized and used to pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine when this is all over. Start with the Oligarchs and their toys and McMansions, then move on to the entire Kremlin, plus Putzin and his criminal cabinet. Russian bank accounts...overseas accounts....EVERYTHING taken from them and used to pay for the rebuilding.

What has happened to Mariupol is a war crime in itself.

Russian politicians should have every Ruble seized and used to pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine when this is all over. Start with the Oligarchs and their toys and McMansions, then move on to the entire Kremlin, plus Putzin and his criminal cabinet. Russian bank accounts...overseas accounts....EVERYTHING taken from them and used to pay for the rebuilding.
Lol, most of these “oligarchs” have no political power in Russia and many are actively anti-Putin and are pretending to be democratic opposition to him. Sure screw those guys all you want. And also you are demanding that the constitutional rights of these people be violated for committing no crime, which makes anyone who does what you suggest worse than Putin.

You’re demanding actual tyranny which will mainly target people who don’t like Putin and don’t have political power. You must think you’re really smart. 😄

Back
Top Bottom