• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any serious blues fans here?

Thanks for that piece of Americana. No, never heard of them.

Unfortunately, I can't report on Jimmy for ya. I left halfway through Robert Randolph. Too damn tired. I got a lot of sleep last night and I'm going to skip the first acts today. This old body is used to being asleep at 8:00. I tried.
Thanks for trying anyway.

Blues uses a I IV V chord progression. Everything evolves out of that basic progression. Jazz is something I can't explain. It's kinda wide open, from what I can tell.
One key element of jazz is improvisation, which is why I think Bach would dig it. If you aren't familiar with his Goldberg Variations, what he did was write a little aria and then take those same notes and riff on them in dozens of ways.

Just like there are many Kings in the blues there are also many Luther Johnsons. This one had a very good style.

This song is about 100 years old, but this version by MW is from the late 60s:

Back
Top Bottom