• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any politician who says we should ban "Assault Weapons" is lying or ignorant. Full Stop.

This is where modern liberalism makes a mistake of epic proportion.

Who do you guys think the government will go after first assuming you ever get something passed and also by Constitutional challenge that means something people own today is all of a sudden illegal to own?

I’ll give you a hint, it is not white Republicans.

THen ban more of them. Keep banning until it’s not a problem.

We got rid of ****ing *lawn darts* because kids were getting bruises.
No we only got rid of selling new lawn darts, I will take your word on that, to lazy tonight to verify. You can ban sales but that does not do anything about the Millions already owned, and no law to take them by force could ever be truly enforced, which would border on what you hate, Authoritarian Rule.

Ok thank you, if I'm understanding you correctly banning the AR is for cosmetic reasons and exaggerating the ballistics of .223 round when fired from an AR platform after a shooting. I'm still not in favor of banning the AR but to each there own. Personally I'm not a fan of the AR because I prefer a real wood stock over synthetic. I'm not humping the thing for miles so the weight isn't an issue for me. I also don't see the need to attach a bunch of lasers, lights, or chainsaws (that's a joke) to my rifle. I also think if more people put down the Doody Call controller amd spent time actually shooting at the range that would go a long way in dispelling the AR myths that pop up

Ah no you are misunderstanding me. Cosmetic reasons are why the gun ban crowd are after them along with YouTube videos showing the expansive power of the .223 because that is the bullet they are doing that day or week. And you don't think the media go's overboard on the ballistics? Okay bullets spinning like a top at 3 yards my be a little over but they don't dispel it. Agreed on all the shit hanging off my rifle. Yeah woody for the win.

What AR myths?
They are as heavy as 10 moving boxes, fire a .50 cal round, the .223 round is deadlier out of an AR than other firearms chambered in .223 for starters

They are as heavy as 10 moving boxes, fire a .50 cal round, the .223 round is deadlier out of an AR than other firearms chambered in .223 for starters

Isn't the first one just one quote from some crazy old woman?

So I can keep my AK and Mini14, cool.
Macaroons ........
it's a stupid argument-I have Several different rifles that are not AR 15s and all are 5.56mm and all can use a 30 round magazine. STEYR AUG, BERETTA AR 70, Arsenal AK Pattern 556, Microtech (copy of the AUG) , FNC.

Ban the AR15 style weapon from civilian use by all except former 11Bs, or 0311s.

the study is dishonest because it pretends that mass shootings are a major part of gun shot homicides -to bolster the argument against AR 15s. In reality ALL RIFLES are used in less than 2% of all murders

Yes, yes, I know all about the features like a bayonet lug, etc. I know all about the difference between an AR15 and the M16s, etc. My point is that's obvious to those of us who used the real thing in the service. This pretending to be knowledgable because you know the difference is nonsense. Anyone with a brain knows what the difference is. So, to cut all the BS I suggest that only former 11Bs and 0311s should be able to own an AR15. That cuts out all the pretentious crap.
Only those of us with law licenses and Ivy league law degrees should be able to argue about the constitution then. Military service-real or pretend-has ZERO relevance to civilian firearms ownership or usage.

Another example of why all that needs to be done is to ban the AR15 from everyone except former 11Bs and 0311s and that's it. No more weapons bans, no magazine bans, no bayonet lug bans, blah blah blah, no more nothing.

how is the law that allows ex military privileges that others don't have going to pass constitutional muster. I realize this was a trolling argument, so I don't expect a real answer

it's a stupid argument-I have Several different rifles that are not AR 15s and all are 5.56mm and all can use a 30 round magazine. STEYR AUG, BERETTA AR 70, Arsenal AK Pattern 556, Microtech (copy of the AUG) , FNC.
I was just asking since they seemed stuck on AR 15's, I own several, three in 5.56 and one in ,300 Blackout, they are fun to build and I have done a few more for friends and family, used to be my Job and I would say I am quite good at it. Like yourself I have several other types, an AR 10, Mini 14, Mini 30, M1A, and a AK style rifle, just wanted to know what was gonna still be cool to have under the "New Rules". Sounds like most will be just fine and dandy to have, I wouldn't want to be a danger to society. The sarcasm alarm should be going off big time about now.

See, here we go with all the BS. What's an assault rifle? Why isn't this one an assault rifle? How about this one?

Just ban the AR15, except for former 11Bs and 0311s, and shut everyone up.
Great! I still get to keep mine, batting a thousand today. Doesn't sound fair for everyone else though, doubt that would pass the legal sniff test..

Great! I still get to keep mine, batting a thousand today. Doesn't sound fair for everyone else though, doubt that would pass the legal sniff test..

It's just for fun, but I would like it though.

how is the law that allows ex military privileges that others don't have going to pass constitutional muster.

That won't be hard. Ex 11Bs, SFs, and 0311s are special people that deserve special privileges. Happens all the time.

the study is dishonest because it pretends that mass shootings are a major part of gun shot homicides -to bolster the argument against AR 15s. In reality ALL RIFLES are used in less than 2% of all murders

According to Mother Jones, AR-15s used by civilians in mass shootings have resulted in about 270 deaths since 1964, or fewer than the number of deaths from people choking on their own vomit every single year.

That won't be hard. Ex 11Bs, SFs, and 0311s are special people that deserve special privileges. Happens all the time.
not when it comes to constitutional rights

not when it comes to constitutional rights

Sure it would. "In order to form a more perfect Union". Having certain firearms only allocated to soldiers and former infantry soldiers would form a more perfect union. It's part of the little known, "we'll take care of you" clause.

Sure it would. "In order to form a more perfect Union". Having certain firearms only allocated to soldiers and former soldiers would form a more perfect union.
having gun banners charged with treason and punished as enemies of the constitution would be better. Most soldiers aren't all that proficient with firearms, nor do they understand the laws governing civilian uses of firearms in self defensive situations. The worst are soldiers who denigrate and piss on the oath they took to uphold and defend the constitution

having gun banners charged with treason and punished as enemies of the constitution would be better. Most soldiers aren't all that proficient with firearms, nor do they understand the laws governing civilian uses of firearms in self defensive situations. The worst are soldiers who denigrate and piss on the oath they took to uphold and defend the constitution

You'll be alright some day.

How about we ban pointless gun control laws? And if any new ones are passed, five existing laws have to be rescinded.

Case in point:

Ohio state legislature bill SB 260 would classify any semiautomatic firearm capable of accepting a 10+ round ie "large capacity" magazine as an "assault weapon".

Oregon state legislature bill SB 501 would classify any magazine capable of holding 6 or more rounds as "large capacity".

Under these definitions, the six shot Raven .25 ACP would be an "assault weapon", as would every single semiautomatic firearm capable of holding more than six rounds.

They don't want you to be able to defend yourself. That's what it's about not crying not statistics it's about you and Americans that want to defend themselves.

Just like abolish the police isn't about racism or any of the dumb issues they said it's about being able to commit murder and rape with impunity. It's so they can burn down your house and why not be stopped.

They don't want you to be able to defend yourself. That's what it's about not crying not statistics it's about you and Americans that want to defend themselves.

Just like abolish the police isn't about racism or any of the dumb issues they said it's about being able to commit murder and rape with impunity. It's so they can burn down your house and why not be stopped.

Utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense.
No it's an accurate assessment. The only people that want people disarmed are people that wish to control them and the only people who want the police disbanded want to commit crimes with impunity. Sorry the truth hurts so much.

No it's an accurate assessment. The only people that want people disarmed are people that wish to control them and the only people who want the police disbanded want to commit crimes with impunity. Sorry the truth hurts so much.

What hurts is what a bizarre take that is.

Back
Top Bottom