• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any politician who says we should ban "Assault Weapons" is lying or ignorant. Full Stop.

Another example of why all that needs to be done is to ban the AR15 from everyone except former 11Bs and 0311s and that's it. No more weapons bans, no magazine bans, no bayonet lug bans, blah blah blah, no more nothing.
We have to keep them out of the hands of grunts. With no one to lead them they will likely shoot their head off

Another example of why all that needs to be done is to ban the AR15 from everyone except former 11Bs and 0311s and that's it. No more weapons bans, no magazine bans, no bayonet lug bans, blah blah blah, no more nothing.

Just wondering why you specifically target the AR platform?

I think I made that clear.
Not really. You seem ok with people owning guns that hold roughly the same number of rounds and are also semiautomatic rifles. But hey of you think you've made your point cool. I've aeen nothing you posted that would show a need to ban the AR only while still allowing something like the Mini14. I also don't see any reason to ban the AR so we disagree on this

Not really. You seem ok with people owning guns that hold roughly the same number of rounds and are also semiautomatic rifles. But hey of you think you've made your point cool. I've aeen nothing you posted that would show a need to ban the AR only while still allowing something like the Mini14. I also don't see any reason to ban the AR so we disagree on this

Like I mentioned they look scarey. Personally I think the AK is far more ominous looking, but I digress. I think people watch to many YouTube videos where the .223 bullet being fired is from a AR-15 into ballistic gel. That's what I'd use since I don't have a Mini 14. Plus after a shooting where said AR is used they go on and on about all the tumbling explosive power like the bullet was spinning like a top at a range of three yards.

Because it's black and real scarey looking. Or just scarey. Let's see how long it takes for the racist comment.

No. It's because people like you say, "it's black and real scarey looking. Or just scarey." That's so ridiculous that we should only allow those of us who have actually used them for what they were built for to have them.

I understand. My reason is somewhat subtle. I just think both sides are pushing BS about that particular weapon. So, only allow those of us who really know it to have one. That's all. I'm not for banning firearms in general. The horse is out of the barn. What's the point?

And I'm not talking about what the term "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" means to firearm enthusiasts, so let's not get into that again. I'm talking about the way it is defined in pretty much every existing or proposed ban in the US based on certain feature that are included on many semiautomatic weapons, like pistol grips and adjustable shoulder stocks.

The idea of an "assault weapon ban" is one of the top darlings of the gun control movement. Yet there is no feature of a firearm that distinguishes "assault weapons" from many other semiautomatic firearms, that has been shown to be meaningful from a public safety point of view. To put it simply, there's no rational reason to believe that anyone ever died because "assault weapons," specifically, are legal for civilians to own.

So the only rational conclusion is that anti-gun lawmakers are lying to their base, taking advantage of their ignorance, and pandering to their fears, all for the purpose of deluding them into thinking they want to do something meaningful.

All assault weapons should be banned.

Like I mentioned they look scarey. Personally I think the AK is far more ominous looking, but I digress. I think people watch to many YouTube videos where the .223 bullet being fired is from a AR-15 into ballistic gel. That's what I'd use since I don't have a Mini 14. Plus after a shooting where said AR is used they go on and on about all the tumbling explosive power like the bullet was spinning like a top at a range of three yards.

Ok thank you, if I'm understanding you correctly banning the AR is for cosmetic reasons and exaggerating the ballistics of .223 round when fired from an AR platform after a shooting. I'm still not in favor of banning the AR but to each there own. Personally I'm not a fan of the AR because I prefer a real wood stock over synthetic. I'm not humping the thing for miles so the weight isn't an issue for me. I also don't see the need to attach a bunch of lasers, lights, or chainsaws (that's a joke) to my rifle. I also think if more people put down the Doody Call controller amd spent time actually shooting at the range that would go a long way in dispelling the AR myths that pop up

Exactly. I'm saying some of us can have them but most of you can't.

Even if you were a 11B or 0311,(which is not my business) what makes you think you would be allowed into their club of special gun owners? You seem to know a lot about us. Go ahead and check my personnel profile... Oh you did? Well? Oh, that's because what you don't see is not your business.

Ok thank you, if I'm understanding you correctly banning the AR is for cosmetic reasons and exaggerating the ballistics of .223 round when fired from an AR platform after a shooting. I'm still not in favor of banning the AR but to each there own. Personally I'm not a fan of the AR because I prefer a real wood stock over synthetic. I'm not humping the thing for miles so the weight isn't an issue for me. I also don't see the need to attach a bunch of lasers, lights, or chainsaws (that's a joke) to my rifle. I also think if more people put down the Doody Call controller amd spent time actually shooting at the range that would go a long way in dispelling the AR myths that pop up

What AR myths?

All assault weapons should be banned.
Bad news, it would not change a thing, because the rifle is not the problem and there are already Millions of them out there plus no one that owns one or more will give it up.

Bad news, it would not change a thing, because the rifle is not the problem and there are already Millions of them out there plus no one that owns one or more will give it up.

THen ban more of them. Keep banning until it’s not a problem.

We got rid of ****ing *lawn darts* because kids were getting bruises.

Legally, what's an assault weapon?

See, here we go with all the BS. What's an assault rifle? Why isn't this one an assault rifle? How about this one?

Just ban the AR15, except for former 11Bs and 0311s, and shut everyone up.

Back
Top Bottom