• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any MMO players amongst you?

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Does anyone else here play MMO's at all?

I'm only playing one at the moment "Lord of the Rings Online".

WHEN I had two working gaming rigs... my wife and I played WoW, WAR, AO, and City of Heroes. I tried LOTRO but it didn't do it for me.

(Not all the above at once obviously)

I played WoW for years, its how I got through high school, but I havent touched in it years I've just been to busy with life.

My wife and I play City of Heroes. I've tried a couple others (WoW and EVE) but couldn't really get into them. I have high hopes for Star Wars: The Old Republic though.

I used to play anarchy online. I tried others, such as WoW, LOTRO, and Conan, but I couldn't get into them.

Vanguard SoE is everything EQ2 should have been and more. Its main problem right now is there aren't very many players. Most left after a terrible launch and never came back, but it's worth coming back to now IMO.

Vanguard SoE is everything EQ2 should have been and more. Its main problem right now is there aren't very many players. Most left after a terrible launch and never came back, but it's worth coming back to now IMO.

I have a beefy computer, and Vanguard still runs like ****, and the gameplay of both EQ1 and 2 is better. Brad McQuaid proved what was thought in EQ1, that he is kinda ok on big picture ideas, but sucks hard at implementation.

Edit: Oh, have played EQ1 and 2, Eve, WoW, a little Vanguard, little CoH, little LoTR. Looking forward to the Star Wars game coming soon.

Last edited:
City of Heroes/Villains. I'm looking forward to Going Rogue.

I was doing WoW, but of late I've been tired of the whole sword and sorcery genre.

Been playing WOW for just about a year now, and played on a persistant world server in Neverwinter Nights for probably about 4 years previously. Played Galaxies for a very very short time. Looking forward to the new Star Wars MMO though.

I like MMOs but I haven't found any good free ones lately, any suggestions?

I used to play RF online, but I just got bored with it.

I like MMOs but I haven't found any good free ones lately, any suggestions?

I used to play RF online, but I just got bored with it.

I heard that D&D Online is now free, so you might give that a shot. I played it in the Beta, and found it fairly mediocre, but a lot's changed since then, so it might have improved.

I'm a fully recovered WoW junkie. Mostly I couldn't just do arenas when I wanted to anymore. My 5v5 would come on and do the bare minimum, I didn't like 3v3, and my 2s partner quit...then my next one quit, and so on and so forth. I'm incredibly picky about who I arena with too.

It eventually turned into me killing time in Arathi Basin, sh*t-talking in Orgrimmar, and screwing with noobs in Redridge Mountains. At least I had tons of threads made about me and my griefing.

I have a beefy computer, and Vanguard still runs like ****, and the gameplay of both EQ1 and 2 is better. Brad McQuaid proved what was thought in EQ1, that he is kinda ok on big picture ideas, but sucks hard at implementation.
Too right, especially the bold part. Brad's strength is his creativity; he shouldn't be let anywhere near the actual code.

This tweak helped my performance a lot, and the graphics were still very good afterward:

VN Boards - vgclient.ini game tweaks for performance boosts

I tried LoTR Online, but it required that you group up and I'm a solo-er. I didn't like being FORCED to group in order to play at all. So, that one was out, much to my dismay since I'm very much a DnD person.

Let's see.... I started with Guild Wars. Did the beta, then the actual game when it came out. That got me started in MMOs. From there I went to EQ2 and then WoW. Played WoW for awhile then started working for Sony and actually got paid to play EQ. So, I got back into EQ2 again. Then I left Sony and got back into WoW again. LOL

I tried Age of Conan and Warhammer too, but neither really grabbed me.

Was thinking about trying EVE though.

I'm a fully recovered WoW junkie. Mostly I couldn't just do arenas when I wanted to anymore. My 5v5 would come on and do the bare minimum, I didn't like 3v3, and my 2s partner quit...then my next one quit, and so on and so forth. I'm incredibly picky about who I arena with too.

It eventually turned into me killing time in Arathi Basin, sh*t-talking in Orgrimmar, and screwing with noobs in Redridge Mountains. At least I had tons of threads made about me and my griefing.

YOU!!! You're the one!! I HATE YOU!!!

LOL Actually, YEARS ago when I was a total noob I remember getting ganked in Redridge. There I was, minding my own business in Lakeshire when some poor gal drops dead at my feet. I couldn't figure out why, but I was a priesty so I rezzed her. Being the good Samaritan that I am. Little did I know that she was flagged and that by rezzing her, I was flagged. Hell, I didn't even know what "flagged" meant. But the next thing I knew I was slaughtered by some ****ing shammy in ghost wolf form. So I "WTF?" rezzed in the graveyard and was summarily killed again. And again. So, I logged off and cried. :(

I tried LoTR Online, but it required that you group up and I'm a solo-er. I didn't like being FORCED to group in order to play at all. So, that one was out, much to my dismay since I'm very much a DnD person.

Let's see.... I started with Guild Wars. Did the beta, then the actual game when it came out. That got me started in MMOs. From there I went to EQ2 and then WoW. Played WoW for awhile then started working for Sony and actually got paid to play EQ. So, I got back into EQ2 again. Then I left Sony and got back into WoW again. LOL

I tried Age of Conan and Warhammer too, but neither really grabbed me.

Was thinking about trying EVE though.

EVE has a very high learning curve, it's fun and pvp is awesome but take the time to learn it extensively.

Watch out for gankers and scammers too.
It's mostly all legal in game.

Oh yea, you can pvp solo, join roaming gangs of pirates or good guys, join a pvp corp, whatever you want.

Initially, solo pvp is hard because of the skills needed to be decent.

No, I mean the rest of the game. Or is it all pvp?

I play EVE Online and Guild Wars with my fiancee

No, I mean the rest of the game. Or is it all pvp?

You can do the whole game solo if you want.

You automatically start off in a newb npc corp but you don't have to do anything with those guys.
I do most of my industry related work solo, although I have multiple accounts to aid me.

You can do the whole game solo if you want.

You automatically start off in a newb npc corp but you don't have to do anything with those guys.
I do most of my industry related work solo, although I have multiple accounts to aid me.

Nothing but the bolded part made any sense to me, but that's all that matters. ;)

Nothing but the bolded part made any sense to me, but that's all that matters. ;)

Well in game you join corporations, similar to guilds.

You start off in a generic NPC corp though.
There are plenty of things to do solo, you can do everything solo if you want.

Missions and mining are the most popular things to do solo though.

Back
Top Bottom