• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Any lawyers in the house?

HK.227

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Not for conjecture; merely a question for professionals.

Assuming Zimmermann is not indicted for civil rights violations, would he himself have a case against MSNBC for violation of his civil rights, if he could prove that they conspired to present a false narrative in order to deprive him of his right to a fair trial?

conspired with whom?

conspired with whom?
I assume more than one person at a given news outlet is involved in determining how the news is interpreted and presented.
If more than one person actively and knowingly participated in creating a false narrative, then that would constitute a conspiracy as I understand the Word.

I assume more than one person at a given news outlet is involved in determining how the news is interpreted and presented.
If more than one person actively and knowingly participated in creating a false narrative, then that would constitute a conspiracy as I understand the Word.

It would depend on the applicable law. In my state, a corporation cannot conspire with itself. Regardless, other than defamation, I do not see that he would have a viable claim. The protections given the press are the highest in our land and remarkably consistent from court to court over time.

Defamation is hard to prove, but I would suspect this is settled since they already fired people (multiple) over it ... They know they did wrong in editing the 911 tape to make him sound racist. And no I'm not s lawyer but I do have a JD.

Not for conjecture; merely a question for professionals.

Assuming Zimmermann is not indicted for civil rights violations, would he himself have a case against MSNBC for violation of his civil rights, if he could prove that they conspired to present a false narrative in order to deprive him of his right to a fair trial?

This case will not go to court....NBC will pay out

The bogus editing was made to make it appear that Z reported M to NEN because of his race/being black and it's factually documented in the transcripts. NBC admitted they were wrong...not once, but multiple times, and it went unremedied

Defamation is hard to prove, but I would suspect this is settled since they already fired people (multiple) over it ... They know they did wrong in editing the 911 tape to make him sound racist. And no I'm not s lawyer but I do have a JD.

How is describing a suspicious person "racist".. I have called 911 and always gave a description without being asked.

Except the reality is the dispatcher asked him, and he replied. NBC cut out the request and applied his answer as though it was volunteered and did so to enhance their wet dream of this being a racial incident to which it was not.

If NBCs employees were not wrong why we're they fired over it? Why didn't one of them sue for wrongful termination?

How is describing a suspicious person "racist".. I have called 911 and always gave a description without being asked.

Back
Top Bottom