• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Any guesses as to whom this quote belongs to?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about Robbery — then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about Robbery — then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved."
Jesse Jackson

I won't spoil it, but OMFG.

They could create some new legislation that states, you cannot approach someone with a loaded firearm for questioning, unless they pose an open threat with a weapon other than their fists.

But nowhere in that new law would you hear anything about race.

Many say we can't have a color blind society till we address the problem of white privilege. How do we fairly and equally change the social structure of an entire nation based on law? The problem lies as much within cultural differences than racial issues and only thru cultural changes and cooperation can we effect a balance.

that is just sad. even black people are suspicious of other black people.

Apparently even Civil Rights Leaders racially profile.

I thought there was no racial element, yet this is the second thread justifying racial profiling.

So which is it? Was there no racial profiling or was Z doing it but it's OK?

I thought there was no racial element, yet this is the second thread justifying racial profiling.

So which is it? Was there no racial profiling or was Z doing it but it's OK?

it is OK to include race as a part of a profile. it is not OK to base a profile solely on race.

hope that cleared things up

Back
Top Bottom