• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any Dems Here Hoping Hillary Runs for 2020 Nomination?

I'm a Liberal, and I think Hillary should

• run for nomination for 2020 POTUS

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • quickly disappear - never to be heard from again

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • concentrate on being the VP choice for whoever the Dems nominate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • drop dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other - please explain

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Are there any Dems/Libs here at DP who would vote for Hillary's nomination should she decide to make one last attempt at POTUS in 2020?

Could you please explain why?

I can surely understand why Reps/Cons would be elated is she ran again.

I'm just wondering if any Dems/Libs are actually thinking she'd be a the best choice for the Democratic party in 2020.

God. If she really does try to run again (she has an exploratory committee I believe), then I'm gonna lose my mind.

Are there any Dems/Libs here at DP who would vote for Hillary's nomination should she decide to make one last attempt at POTUS in 2020?

I'm just wondering if any Dems/Libs are actually thinking she'd be a the best choice for the Democratic party in 2020.

She is the leader of the party and has over 70% support from the party.

Of course, they support her.

She has proven that she could raise loads of campaign cash, got more of the popular vote (than Trump) and knows 'what happened' so she is unlikely to repeat her past campaign mistakes. The question should have been be framed listing her likely demorat competition but that is a good question, none the less.

Nobody believes your nonsense. :roll:

She's a rock star within the party. Many people on this forum voted for her in 08, 16 and probably 20. That's a sign of someone will mass appeal and longevity.

Please run Crooked Hillary. Please please please run. Her collusion with the Russians and corrupt US officials to steal the election will be fully exposed, and we will take back the House at the same time as defeating her crooked lying ass.

PLEEEEEEEEZ run!!!

hqdefault.jpg

*sigh*

I knew it was too much to ask for Dems thoughts on this.

Some of you just can't control yourselves can you?

I don't think she has the physical stamina for another campaign. The last one took such a toll on her body she took multiple weekends off and limited her appearances to a few fund-raising events in the last month or so. Her hacking cough attacks increased and she had to be carried away at the 9-11 event.

I think...if she tried to do that again, it'll kill her.

I feel this thread is an attempt at 'Hillary bashing' nothing else. There's never been any evidence to even suggest that HRC would run again in 2020. She would never get her party's nomination to begin with but there are others waiting in the wings that would better represent the Democratic party without the baggage she carries. Remember, most Democrats and Independents only voted for Hillary Clinton because they hated Trump. That's not going to be a choice in 2020, the Democratic candidate will run on her own policies without a history that can be brought up against her by Republicans.

Notice I'm referring to the 2020 candidate as 'her'. I feel it will be a woman but my choice would not be the obvious woman/women. If it was up to me, which it's not of course, I would choose Amy Klobuchar as the candidate for Democrats. She's an attorney, knows Constitutional law, she's possibly one of the most liked Senators ever to come out of Minneapolis and she's honest. She's been described as a 'rising star' in the Democratic Party.

I feel this thread is an attempt at 'Hillary bashing' nothing else. There's never been any evidence to even suggest that HRC would run again in 2020.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C2GCEB_enUS806US811&source=hp&ei=eYzpW8eaFOOkggeokIuQDA&q=hillary+to+run+in+2020&btnK=Google+Search&oq=hillary+to+run+in+2020&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1615.5156..5997...0.0..0.94.1496.22......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i131j0i3j0i10j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.ItyvACNS6vM

It's quite a rumor. It's why I wanted to ask.

Any Dems/Libs support her for 2020?

I feel this thread is an attempt at 'Hillary bashing' nothing else. There's never been any evidence to even suggest that HRC would run again in 2020. She would never get her party's nomination to begin with but there are others waiting in the wings that would better represent the Democratic party without the baggage she carries. Remember, most Democrats and Independents only voted for Hillary Clinton because they hated Trump. That's not going to be a choice in 2020, the Democratic candidate will run on her own policies without a history that can be brought up against her by Republicans.

Notice I'm referring to the 2020 candidate as 'her'. I feel it will be a woman but my choice would not be the obvious woman/women. If it was up to me, which it's not of course, I would choose Amy Klobuchar as the candidate for Democrats. She's an attorney, knows Constitutional law, she's possibly one of the most liked Senators ever to come out of Minneapolis and she's honest. She's been described as a 'rising star' in the Democratic Party.

I'll see your Klobuchar and raise you a Sanders. The guy is too active to not be thinking about it, is currently the most popular politician in the country, and he hasn't outright deny it. I just don't see a scenario where he doesn't run, and doesn't win by a landslide . . . assuming his health doesn't take a sharp downward turn in the next two years.

I don't think the person who voted for option one is even a lefty. I think that it was TrumpTrain.

The only people excited about Hillary 20/20 are politically-illiterate, well-off old-farts who view the Internet as something alien, bots, and anyone wanting to see the Democrats get their asses handed to them.

I'll see your Klobuchar and raise you a Sanders. The guy is too active to not be thinking about it, is currently the most popular politician in the country, and he hasn't outright deny it. I just don't see a scenario where he doesn't run, and doesn't win by a landslide . . . assuming his health doesn't take a sharp downward turn in the next two years.

Klobuchar's age trumps Sanders. We've seen something happening this mid-term that's going to put an earmark on 2020 and that's age. Yes, there's a whole lot more inclusion as far as race, sex and sexual orientation but the most outstanding thing about the newly elected House members is their age. Age is going to play a huge part in the 2020 Presidential election. People are just tired of the 'old guard' in Washington and politicians like Orrin Hatch, Mitch McConnell, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Grassley and Nancy Pelosi are going to be forced to retire to the greener pastures of their huge pensions and golden health care packages whether they want to or not.

While it is possible Hillary could beat Trump in 2020 Democrats would be fools to eat rotten meat. I don't see Hillary accepting the VP.

Klobuchar's age trumps Sanders. We've seen something happening this mid-term that's going to put an earmark on 2020 and that's age. Yes, there's a whole lot more inclusion as far as race, sex and sexual orientation but the most outstanding thing about the newly elected House members is their age. Age is going to play a huge part in the 2020 Presidential election. People are just tired of the 'old guard' in Washington and politicians like Orrin Hatch, Mitch McConnell, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Grassley and Nancy Pelosi are going to be forced to retire to the greener pastures of their huge pensions and golden health care packages whether they want to or not.

People are tired of the 'old guard', so they won't vote the very face of the progressive movement, a guy who's only one year older than Biden, and is absolutely adored by younger people. The only thing that you're right about is that peope are tired of politicians like Feinsten, Grassley, and Pelosi. You're basically saying that people won't vote for a progressive because they're tired of third-way, corporate Democrats that have dominated the field for the las few decades. You've made this weak connection by age, and have ignored the very reason that people are fed up with the old guard.

I think age will be a factor in terms of which demographic is more supportive of which candidate during the primary . . . and just like in the last election, I expect younger folks to overwhelmingly be in support of either Sanders, or any other progressive running that doesn't take PAC-money. Most of the people who came out for Clinton during the primary were older people who are glued to Cable television. Younger liberals tend to get most of their entertainment from the Internet, and are more likely to watch TYT, Kyle Kulinski, and David Pakman, rather than CNN or MSNBC. That's where age is going to be a major factor.

To say that someone like Sanders isn't likely to win because of age, and because of dissillusionment with the old guard is to be completely ignorant about what he actually means to the progressive movement, and ignorant about who was actually supporting who in the last election. Sanders is a ****ing rock-star when it comes to younger voters. What in the nine hells are you even on about?

Hell no. She wasn't the best choice in 2016. That's why we are where we are today.

I don't think the person who voted for option one is even a lefty. I think that it was TrumpTrain.

Or Bucky.

I screwed up by forgetting to make poll public.
I've asked a mod to fix that.

At any rate, whoever clicked that option hasn't come forward to claim it, so it's pretty apparent it's not from a Dem. No shock there.

Back
Top Bottom