• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Any Christians for the Death Penalty?

Rhapsody1447 said:
"If all men were angels, we wouldn't need government" - Thomas Jefferson.

I'm as Christian as you get, and I fully support the death penalty. What a lot of the Looney Left don't understand is that there is such thing as a "neccessary evil". Leaving these people in prison for the rest of their life is not only a waste of money, it is unjust. You would be suprised the influence a gang member in prison can have on his fellow members in the free world.

The majority of the death penalty recipitents have confessed their crimes, and never is anyone sent to death without absolute proof of the incident that has got them there.
Right, except for Sacco and Vanzetti. And the Scottsboro boys. And Bruno Richard Hauptmann. And, though I don't personally accept his innocence, there is certainly some question about Mumia Abu Jamal.
I'm a proud member of the Looney Left; I'd like you to explain "necessary evil" to me. You say leaving these people in prison of the rest of their lives is unjust? Because some of them potentially have some influence on the outside world? I fail to see how, first, future potential for mayhem rather than past crimes is a reason to impost an irrevocable sentence, and second, why an argument that might apply to 10% of death row inmates can be used to justify the deaths of all of them, and third, why it matters if someone on the outside is stupid enough to listen to someone on the inside. Isn't the one on the outside the one committing the crime? Are you saying he wouldn't commit any crimes without the corrupting influence of the condemned? Can you explain why death is necessary?
Lastly, if "most" death row inmates have confessed -- which I would question anyway -- confession implies repentance, which calls for forgiveness. You did say you were "as Christian as they come," right?

CoffeeSaint said:
Right, except for Sacco and Vanzetti. And the Scottsboro boys. And Bruno Richard Hauptmann. And, though I don't personally accept his innocence, there is certainly some question about Mumia Abu Jamal.
I'm a proud member of the Looney Left; I'd like you to explain "necessary evil" to me. You say leaving these people in prison of the rest of their lives is unjust? Because some of them potentially have some influence on the outside world? I fail to see how, first, future potential for mayhem rather than past crimes is a reason to impost an irrevocable sentence, and second, why an argument that might apply to 10% of death row inmates can be used to justify the deaths of all of them, and third, why it matters if someone on the outside is stupid enough to listen to someone on the inside. Isn't the one on the outside the one committing the crime? Are you saying he wouldn't commit any crimes without the corrupting influence of the condemned? Can you explain why death is necessary?
Lastly, if "most" death row inmates have confessed -- which I would question anyway -- confession implies repentance, which calls for forgiveness. You did say you were "as Christian as they come," right?

Yes, it is unjust for people of this nature to continue living. More then them having an influence on outside members, there is a consquence for illegal action, and in the most extreme cases (double homicides etc.) the only punishment worthy of enacting is the death penalty.

Don't you understand? All of these people are stupid. Gang leaders can continue to orchestrate new horrendous crimes from within their cells, although rare that one of these vile creatures would be put to death, it is still a probality. One of your friends from the Looney Left started a furbaulgh program for people with a life sentence (no possibilty of parole) in New Jersey. Guess what? He kills 2 people while out trying to "adapt" back into society. You really take these confessions seriously? These people play to the hearts of people like you so, guess what?, they can get the life sentence instead of the death penalty. But, of course, give them what they want, they are the victim in your eyes right?

Luke 23:34: 'Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Want me to quote Bible verses of God's wrath and judgement?

Rhapsody1447 said:
Want me to quote Bible verses of God's wrath and judgement?

No I don't like that old testament God. He was a mean mother f**ker!

Last edited:
Revelation it is then?

galenrox said:
See, he didn't say we shouldn't imprison them. He said we shouldn't kill them.

I've reached the point where I believe that the death penalty is sometimes justified, but certainly not in the way we do it.

And how would you suggest we do it? The death penalty is an assault end to an assault sin. I think the death penalty should be applied the exact way in-which the perpetrator committed their offense(s). You shoot someone, you get shot. You rape and then murder a child with a baseball bat, you get .................

Benchman said:
And how would you suggest we do it? The death penalty is an assault end to an assault sin. I think the death penalty should be applied the exact way in-which the perpetrator committed their offense(s). You shoot someone, you get shot. You rape and then murder a child with a baseball bat, you get .................
What? Sent back to childhood, raped with a bat, and murdered? I would really worry more about humanity if our courts ruled in such a way and we had people whose job it was to reinact heinous crimes so the original perpetrator was revenged in an eye for an eye manner. How sick would that be?

Back
Top Bottom