• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Any Christians for the Death Penalty?

Navy Pride said:
I was not aware that the Anglican church approved of murder in the womb.My bad.......

If you can't see the difference in applying justice to a murderer or rapist who has not only snuffed out the life of and innocent victum in a horrible way and ruined the life of all people near to him or her and the murder of and innocent baby in the womb who has committed no crime and only wants the same right to life that you have then I feel sorry for you......

Although I am a Roman Catholic both situtations have very little to do with my religeous beliefs...........Its a matter of justice for me......
If you can't see the difference between killing a grown person and a random jumble of cells, I feel sorry for you.
And I hope you can see your inconsistency, where you believe that Roe v. Wade and activist judges as being against people of faith, yet you do not extend the same label to those who support the death penalty, which people who actually base their politics off of faith as opposed to basing it off of self righteousness are opposed to the death penalty.

Mixed View said:
Please explain to me why you oppose the death penalty?
The Bible doesn't say anything strictly against the death penalty. It actually says some stuff for it.
The Bible aslo doesn't say stuff on abortion. But nothing in the Bible, NOTHING, says anything about supporting abortion or of the killing of the baby in the womb. And if God loved us before we were even born why wouldn't he care if we got murdered. He does love us unconditionally and knows us by name, so why take the chance of having an abortion if it might be murder?
"Thou shalt not kill"
"He who is without sin cast the first stone"
I think that's fairly frank on the issue.
And I think the reason you and I interpret that verse about I loved you before you were born differently is you take it more literally, while I take it as a testament of how much he loves us, for a somewhat poor metaphor, but I hope you get the point, Randy Travis has a song "I'm gonna love you forever", one could interpret this as him saying that he believes that they will both be around and be in love for an infinite amount of time, or one could take it in the figurative interpretation of him just trying to express how much he loves this woman. Unfortunately the bible is a lot more vague on the issue than Randy Travis, since Randy Travis quite clearly in the song implies it figuratively, while in the bible it's a matter of interpretation, and thus I am not saying that I think your view isn't just as valid as mine, I'm just saying that we interperet it differently.

clone said:
the war has gotten us nowhere. terrorists resided in iraq before this war, and they reside their now, only now theyve become active. although attacks on ahmadis have subsided for hte most part, the American Government has so far done absolutly nothing to stop the laws that restrict us from practicing our religion in the middle east.

The Digambara would have a hard time practicing their religion in my State too. It is not our job to see to it that they can practice their religion in the Middle East, but we can hope to give them the vote and a right to speak. This may be a long process. All we can do is hope that when people start voting and respecting the vote and opinion of others that they might respect a country, a state, a district, or a city that does not have the exact same beliefs as they do. It will take time for them to have enough faith in their faith; a faith is not a faith if it must be forced, but some of us would like to live in a cultural state without exposure to John Edwards making money by talking to the dead. It was not named Operation Iraqi freedom because of their religion, nor was war waged on account of their religion, especially considering that there are many among us that believe that Washington DC is not a State for a reason and the word “Congress” is in our First Amendment for a reason.

I have not read the new Iraqi constitution. I would hope that they would have a district where you could speak freely, even if you were only secure in your house at home.

Supporting someone (a terrorist) that takes the law into their own hands according to their own ideas, based on what they “feel,” is incompatible with enfranchisement and respecting the vote and social contract of others; terrorism and tyranny are allies that are incompatible with respecting the Rights of Man. Tyranny only uses terrorism to maintain its job discription, as I said in another topic:

In the age when the divine right of kings is no longer taken seriously, and democracy is spreading, what does a tyrant have to do for job security?

1) Support a system of individualism, crime and punishment, that will be bought by the simplest of foolish philosophers, where anyone that “feels” they are being unjustly treated has a “God” given right to use civilian disguise in warfare, to take the law into their own hands “according to their own ideas” of justice:

“Again we say that when someone feels that he is unjustly treated, and no one is repulsing or stopping the injustice inflicted on him, he personally seeks ways and means for lifting that justice. Of course, not everyone is capable of finding the best way for lifting the injustice inflicted on him. People resort to what they think is the best way according to their own ideas, and they are not all capable of reaching out for what is beyond what is available to arrive to the best idea or means.
To find the best way, after having found their way to God and His rights, those who are inflicted by injustice need not to be isolated from their natural milieu, or be ignored deliberately, or as a result of mis-appreciation, by the officials in this milieu. They should, rather, be reassured and helped to save themselves, and their surroundings.” (Saddam Hussein Shabban 13, 1422 H. October 29, 2001.)

2) Take steps to ensure the “survival of the fittest” in reaction to article one:

“I think, that you, often criticize those whom you criticize in order to weaken them, by saying that they use emergency laws, and what emergency laws, by western standards, cannot be a general rule. But now, unlike what you used to say about those whom you accuse of being dictators and despots, we see dozens of emergency laws and measures adopted by the governments of the West, with the US in the forefront, after facing one painful event.” (Saddam Hussein Shabban 13, 1422 H. October 29, 2001.)

The feedback loop creates the job security for the tyrant‘s job description.

Hopefully in time you can defeat the terrorists/tyrants and get enough peace where you can vote for what wars you want to fight.

i believe you misunderstand our(Ahmadis) position.

we dont need the right to vote or speak, we are not looking for "democracy" or "a right to vote", we simply need the persecution to stop. its not technicly terrorism, because the public is behind it, not saddam or al qaeda. it isnt the government that we need to be free from, but the public.the same public that dragged a ahmadi by a rope that was passed through his nose through the streets of kabul, and stoned him to death.

i understand that the US government cannot do just about nothing about this, but they can at least handle the politcs - the governments of the middle east have done nothing to stop the persecution.

This guy may have murdered the woman; he may not have. But the fact he was convicted largely on circumstantial evidence and no body was ever found concerns me enough to not impose the death penalty on him.

Man guilty of murder though no body found
College student disappeared 11 years ago

Monday, September 19, 2005; Posted: 3:41 p.m. EDT (19:41 GMT)

DECATUR, Georgia (AP) -- A man prosecutors said preyed on women was convicted Monday of murdering a 19-year-old Emory University student 11 years ago even though her body has never been found.

Colvin "Butch" Hinton, who once was imprisoned for kidnapping a 14-year-old girl, was convicted by a DeKalb County Superior Court jury of murder and felony murder.

The jury deliberated for three days before reaching its verdict largely on circumstantial evidence.

Hinton, 44, had worked with Shannon Melendi when the Emory University sophomore disappeared in March 1994 after a game at the softball complex where they worked.

He had been considered a suspect since shortly after Melendi's disappearance, but was not officially charged until last year.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/19/missing.student.slaying.ap/index.html

He hasn't been sentenced yet. It will be interesting to see if Georgia imposes the death penalty on him.

That was 1994 not 2005, in 2005 we wouldn't make any mistakes. Leviticus 24:17 "If anyone takes the life of a human being, he must be put to death". Killing someone for murdering someone is not murder and you are not judging them. God is killing them and judging them because it is his law. I do not know how you can argue with something as plain as that. If you are a christian you believe the bible is true and everything in it is true and because the God never changes if he said something then he will say the exact same thing now. If you still argue, argue with GOD.

rebel for a cause said:
That was 1994 not 2005, in 2005 we wouldn't make any mistakes. Leviticus 24:17 "If anyone takes the life of a human being, he must be put to death". Killing someone for murdering someone is not murder and you are not judging them. God is killing them and judging them because it is his law. I do not know how you can argue with something as plain as that. If you are a christian you believe the bible is true and everything in it is true and because the God never changes if he said something then he will say the exact same thing now. If you still argue, argue with GOD.

Then I just really hope you never serve on a jury. :shock:

rebel for a cause said:

Man, thankgoodness you're not calling the shots. You sound like our President, who belives he's guided by a mythological figure.

clone said:
i believe you misunderstand our(Ahmadis) position.

we dont need the right to vote or speak, we are not looking for "democracy" or "a right to vote", we simply need the persecution to stop. its not technicly terrorism, because the public is behind it, not saddam or al qaeda. it isnt the government that we need to be free from, but the public.the same public that dragged a ahmadi by a rope that was passed through his nose through the streets of kabul, and stoned him to death.

i understand that the US government cannot do just about nothing about this, but they can at least handle the politcs - the governments of the middle east have done nothing to stop the persecution.

You are in a position where the tyranny of the mob puts you in jeopardy of persecution. Only a Republican form of government can actually protect you, where you must have a government with three amendments that say something like these:

1) “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

2) “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

3) “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

I am sorry, but you have to fight to have such protections from persecution.

We can ask them to stop persecuting you, and say it is wrong till judgment day, but there have been missionaries out there that have been talking a long time and you have not joined the religion of Christianity. I have a State, a Second Amendment gun with pretty bullets, a voter registration card, and a Republican form of government to help defend my beliefs from persecution.

I believe in self-defense against thieves in the night and the death penalty only for such a purpose of defense against those animals that are wont to gore (like Saddam and his ally Al Quacka).

Do not expect me to defend your religion. I do not know your religion, nor do I care about it, as I have my own religion, and I will not fight for your religion. I only suggest a form of government that may be of some help in protecting you, and getting you some peace, if you reject that it is too bad for I cannot help you.

In my State I do not want whores sitting in front of the temple of Venus waiting for the first guy to throw a piece of silver in their lap, I do not want to see an ugly Digambara while going to get an ice cream cone, and I do not believe in throwing the babies into the arms of Moloch. So I cannot support laws that give a blanket protection for any religion. Some religions will be persecuted, for good reason. And some people need killing, especially those Al Quacka that fight to spread satanic verses against our will.

interestingly enough, you speak of freedom of religion, yet you say "some religions will be persecuted for good reason". there is no reason at all why people of a certain religion should be treated differently than anyone else. nothing can justify persecution.

we do not need your form of government, nor do we need your rights. i am not calling for america to institute its own government in Pakistan and the rest of the middle east, i am calling for brute force. we do not need politicians, we need soldiers. by all means, we can protect ourselves when the time comes, and we will do so if that is our only safe choice, but Ahmadis do not believe in fighting for any reason other than self defense, and that as a very last resort.

Likewise, i think you should keep your religion out of this, if it were as true as you say it is, it would be spreading faster than Islam and Ahmadiyyat, but it is not. The fact is, no matter how much you complain and call all Muslims terrorists, no matter how much ethnic and racial cleansing you adminsiter, Ahmadiyyat is still spreading. in the year 2000 alone 80 million people joined the fold of Ahmadiyyat, the True Islam.

But i will not debate with you on the matter of whose religion is correct. MY holy book says: "For you your religion, for me, mine."

but maybe if people on this forum stopped ruthlessly attacking other faiths and started thinking about them with a broader mind, the world would be a better place. But you have shown no attempt to even think that you could actually be wrong. I on the other hand, have thought about it, and the way you speak of others shows me that christianity is false.

if you eved decide to change your ways, and become less of an ignorant, close-minded fool, the site is www.alislam.org

id love to know a website where i could learn about your religion in a way that does not offend me.

clone said:
I on the other hand, have thought about it, and the way you speak of others shows me that christianity is false.

if you eved decide to change your ways, and become less of an ignorant, close-minded fool, the site is www.alislam.org

id love to know a website where i could learn about your religion in a way that does not offend me.

There are many religions in history, that anyone has the freedom to believe, but some of them are just too repugnant or dangerous to allow them freedom in our respective territories if we want to live. We are not talking about words of mouth that scare us or offend us. Only a weak sniveling faith is afraid of the words of others.

“[9.32] They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths, and Allah will not consent save to perfect His light, though the unbelievers are averse.” http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/

I am not afraid of the words out of any mouth as I have the Koran on Computer and Palm Device. The Holy Christian Bible is available for download too, or just go to a local book store, and prove that your faith is a faith that is not afraid of words.

Since Jesus predates Islam the words of Jesus in the New Testament should not be capable of offending you, and you should be able to read them in whatever religious place you worship. Why not try it. If you can find one go to any Christian church or Christian city anywhere on earth, and see if they harm you for quietly and inoffensively reading out of the Koran, if they do they are hypocrites and I can prove it easily with the words of Jesus, then go to Muslim mosques in your region, and see what happens when you do the exact same thing with the Christian Bible. Go to Mecca and carry the Christian bible openly, as a test, then come back and tell us how it went. Be honest about how you feel about such a test.

The bloody alters of human sacrifice in ruins all over the world are testament to the fact that freedom of religion is impossible without violation of the rights of someone, that is why we have other amendments to our United States constitution that prevents us from being “deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” Now, if I believe that someone can stop being a cannibal, that is great, but until they learn to stop killing people for their false religion persecution of their religion, denying them freedom of religion, cannot be more severe than slaughter. I am not talking about persecuting the person but the religious practices or religion, as I said “some religions will be persecuted.” The cannibal could only be killed according to due process of law if they ate someone in violation of the laws.

Because you said this blatant and unsubstantiated LIE, “no matter how much you complain and call all Muslims terrorists,” there really is no need to continue until you take back the lie and apologize.

You said: “if you eved decide to change your ways, and become less of an ignorant, close-minded fool,”

Well I already have gone to that site, along with others. And our book tells us:

http://scriptures.lds.org/matt/5/22#22

i was not inteding that post directly at you.

your test is true, the muslims would react is a "differnt" manner(probably calling you a "kaffar" and shooing you away from their city...) but ive already voiced my opinion about todays muslims.

and i do own a few bibles(about 4 different versions), and i try to attend a mass as regularly as i can.

I very much oppose the death penalty. I don't care what The Bible says about it, that doesn't matter to me. I know that the death penalty is wrong.

An eye for an eye? A tooth for a tooth? The idea is old and archaic, barbaric. Most of the people that I've encountered who support the death penalty support it because they wish for vengeance to be taken out on those who they think deserve it. I got news for you, revenge isn't glorious, it isn't righteous. Someone kills someone else, so you kill him back? No, you should show mercy, and leave him alive, in hopes that he should rehabilitate himself during a life-long prison sentence. Someone's life shouldn't be taken away so wrathfully. If a man kills another man, don't hate him, only pity him. Don't sink to his level.

That's what I have to say.

clone said:
i was not inteding that post directly at you.

your test is true, the muslims would react is a "differnt" manner(probably calling you a "kaffar" and shooing you away from their city...) but ive already voiced my opinion about todays muslims.

and i do own a few bibles(about 4 different versions), and i try to attend a mass as regularly as i can.
I figured that it could just be a communication problem, but this does point out something important about trust.

The golden rule is: “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” http://www.bartleby.com/59/1/dountoothers.html

Not long after 911 I was returning a rental car and a Muslim came in to rent a car and I gave that Muslim the “benefit of the doubt,” if you know what I mean by that. It means that I did not have enough evidence to assume that the Muslim was hiding a suicide apparatus to blow me up, so I smiled and gave pleasantries like I would in any greeting to any other person. I used the golden rule.

Honorably wearing a uniform and fighting a superior force takes bravery, and when a person is most certainly to lose it could be considered suicide as it was for the Jews against the Romans. It could also be considered suicide to trust those whose known rule of warfare is to use civilian disguise in warfare for an “undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.” Not having the support to purchase tanks and airplanes with insignia in which to fight, cannot justify a far greater wrong to humanity. No matter the petty cause of a hatred of being occupied, there is a far greater cause to wear a uniform. It is purely satanic to use the deception of civilian disguise to wage war even if we feel our cause is just or for freedom. The blatantly criminal Arab League support for a change of definition in what is called “terrorism” because of Israeli occupation, to in essence allow for a Hamas suicide bomber that Saddam would call a “martyr,” is purely satanic. We may only defend ourselves in civilian clothes, like Peter did against the thieves in the night that were coming for Jesus, but to take the offensive in civilian clothes must violate the golden rule. Think about it. Suicide bombing using civilian disguise is morally wrong and dishonorable not simply because suicide or murder is wrong, it is a far greater wrong in that it prompts people not to give their fellow man favorable treatment in the absence of full evidence.

All of us do not “complain and call all Muslims terrorists,” for if we did that it would violate the golden rule. Many of us see the heathens pray toward and swirl around an idol, but that does not justify slaying them for their peaceful ignorance. When people like the Palestinian Hamas and their murderous ilk adopt a known rule of warfare of civilian disguise and suicide bombing, and a Saddam regime supports it in violation of H 32 of the 687 cease-fire, it should not be expected that all of us will take that injustice forever. The death penalty it is not about vengeance, but it is about defense against those that make it hard to trust our fellow man.

Mixed View said:
I'm sorry, but I don't see how a Christian can support the death penalty. Most Christians will say "Eye for an eye, and ear for an ear", but why would you depend on the old testament for punishment when in the old testament they would stone rape victims. Should we do that? No!

I believe in a two wrongs don't make a right. I think a life sentence is just as worse as the death penalty. How would you like to stay the rest of your life in a cell and the only thing you can do is think about what you've done in life.

Jesus said turn the other cheek. So lets not stoop to those murderers, rapist, and child molester's level by saying we believe in a pro-life society, but then become hypocrits and kill kill kill!

How can you support something where I deffinetly think racism has happened and innocent people have died. My dad always says, "If someone murdered me or one of your sisters you will change your mind." But then that would be out of hate and revenge. Then I say right back, "Hey you'll change your mind once someone you love is wrongfully acused of a crime and they get the death penalty" WAhahahahah!

So the death penalty has so many flaws, why would we have it. Why take the chance that maybe it is not our right to decide when someone dies? How is that anyone's right but God's?

No.....it iS essential that viscious murderers should be put to death. I as a christian, & bible believer do not advocate abortion.

It beehoves me that MANY liberals love abortion, & then are against capital punishment.

A child developing in the womb is the ''essence" of innocence, ..& in NO way comparable to piece of crap murderer who plies their craft of unprovoked & plotted murder, & wicked violence, ..for they are the essence of evil.

Generally those that have gone the route of murder already have rap sheets a mile long for other viscous crimes against society anyway. They are reprobates to be sure, & their behavior DOES infect others, & they ARE a scourge to society.

To be sure, ...IF speedy trials, & public executions were enforced for convicted murderers that fact alone WOULD be a deterent IF they KNEW they had no 10-20 year appeal, ..& no phoney media out there to portray the criminals as "victims"!

I am pro Death Penalty and raised Roman Catholic
However i do not think it should be used presently for one reason and one reason only

It costs too freaking much
It is cheaper to house an inmate for life
and prison is cruel enough
The death penalty is an easy out
in my mind, the death penalty should be more cost effective
and it should be BRUTAL to the convict

To ShuGatze

I'm probably the most liberal person you'll ever meet, yet I don't love abortion. I am not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice. There's a big diffference. Man, if you think that what a woman has in her womb when she's one month pregnant is some little tyke, then go back to school and learn something. An embryo that's been developing in it's mother's womb for say, 1-3 months isn't even human yet. If a woman wants to have an abortion when she's 1, 2, 3, or 4 months pregnant, I'm not against that. Once she hits four and a half for five months though, my opinion changes, and at that point I'd be against her having an abortion.

To DeeJayH

You have some problems, dude. Anyone who wants someone else to endure BRUTAL punishment for what they've done is sick. Prison shouldn't be thought of as a place where people are punished, it should be thought of a place where people to go to rehabilitate themselves. We have to hope that people can change, we have to help them as much as we can, we have to help them become better people, rather than fry 'em in the electric chair, or batter them with brutal cruelty. Anyone who murders someone else should be in prison for the rest of their lives, so that they may use that time to try and change.

Yes, criminals are indeed sick. They need to be kept apart from society with the hope of rehabilitation. On the other hand, if someone is a cereal killer, and he gets rehabilitated in prison, I don'tknow if I would trust him in society again. But no one should be put to death. If Christians support this, they are in fact "playing God". Who says we have the right to kill someone in an organized fashion?

Kaptain Krunch said:
To ShuGatze

I'm probably the most liberal person you'll ever meet, yet I don't love abortion. I am not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice. There's a big diffference. Man, if you think that what a woman has in her womb when she's one month pregnant is some little tyke, then go back to school and learn something. An embryo that's been developing in it's mother's womb for say, 1-3 months isn't even human yet. If a woman wants to have an abortion when she's 1, 2, 3, or 4 months pregnant, I'm not against that. Once she hits four and a half for five months though, my opinion changes, and at that point I'd be against her having an abortion.

A developing fetus is NOT human..???? I'm sorry but you are WAY wrong. Does only being closer to full term make the life growing inside; "human"??

With the thoughts you espouse on it, it makes abortion more "excusable". Nazi Germany also had a way to lessen their own conscience too. They taught that Jewish people were also not quite human!

The liberal society loves the preaching of revision over a gradual process, as this fabian belief system becomes accepted over the long term by those who come to accept it as 'truth' when they hear it over, & over again, or by perhaps some "poll" that helps make it sound as truth based on its popular "opinion" & outcome of the poll!

To DeeJayH

You have some problems, dude. Anyone who wants someone else to endure BRUTAL punishment for what they've done is sick. Prison shouldn't be thought of as a place where people are punished, it should be thought of a place where people to go to rehabilitate themselves. We have to hope that people can change, we have to help them as much as we can, we have to help them become better people, rather than fry 'em in the electric chair, or batter them with brutal cruelty. Anyone who murders someone else should be in prison for the rest of their lives, so that they may use that time to try and change.

I am not Deejay, but will address my thoughts here too. NO, you are wrong again. Those who have shown utter contempt for society, & commit crimes against society are nothing but a pariah upoin society.

Those that delve into violence, & have lived it are generally NOT able to ever change.

It is one thing to commit petty crimes. It is quite another to make the decision to commit unprovoked viloence, assault & murder upon others.

For those, ..their rap sheets are long, & they generally have NO conscience whatsoever, & respect nothing, & nobody else.

Their continued success at violence only uplifts their friends (gang members) ..& gives them legitimacy in a twisted form of hero worship, & machismo which thus spreads more violence, & its acceptance.

State applied capital punishment is correct, & it is NOT inhumane, but very humane, & most that are executed do not suffer at all. Certainly they do not suffer in the same fashion as their victims did, especially with lethal injection.

IN truth I would say to you; "why in the hell should anybody give a damn about somebody who cared so little for their their victims that they gangraped, knifed, or shot in the head"?

Why should these bastards ever be permitted to live, ..as many even continue this behavior while in PRISON, & would continue it IF they ever got out of prison.

God can forgive them of their past behavior no doubt,.. IF they repent in honesty & humility.....God CAN save their souls in this regard, ..BUT they MUST remain ACCOUNTABLE for ALL the misery THEY forced on their victims, lest their behavior spread & infect other "reprobated" minds & cause MORE harm to innocents.

I am speaking about unprovoked murder, ...not killing in self defense. They are totally different.

Some people live their whole lives by preying upon the weak, & by violence, & murder. These types are NOT fit to ever dwell amongst society, & should be removed from it!

When a society has to live, suffer & be in fear of them.....it is society's responsibility to remove them.

If one wants to end this carnage of murder in society, ...they must be removed from society. Those engaging in murder already made their choice to engage in it,...let THEM die for their choice as well!

In MOST circumstances, their lives have been punctuated in repeated violent past behavior anyways towards others.

They are nothing but predators preying upon the weak, & unsuspecting. They deserve NO quarter & should be executed.

It should be up to a judge, or even a supreme court to define what THEIR past behavior has been. If it has been shown that their past is not rife with violence, or murder perhaps certain types of imprisonment "might" be helpful in rehabilitating the individual.

Those that have had a history of unbridled violence, & murder crossed the line years ago, & they are reprobate & nothing can help them. Their visciousness mentality within their bodies should be seperated from them so that they can NEVER continue to bring suffering to anybody anymore.

Here is an interesting question for you .
When you are taken to court the summons will say The State versus John Doe .
If murder is defined as taking the life of one unlawfully
:should the state be prosecuted when someone is found
to be innocent after the death sentence has been carried out ?
Are all the people of that state guilty and therefore guilty of murder ?
If so do you still believe in the death sentence ?:confused:

Windy said:
lol, that's a really good point.
To a degree that's how things work in practice. When someone sues a city or a state based on what they did in the justice system, it's not like the governor pays for it, we do with our tax dollars.
As you know I am defiantely opposed to the death penalty, but yeah, are we all guilty? And if so, then it's murder, how do they punish everyone? Should everyone serve time, like all participants in a non-state sanctioned murder?

Windy said:

No. If the state wins then that meens they just had some awsome lawyers and the defendant didn't. Plus, it is the jury that makes the decision of guilty or innocent and the Judge decides if it is death or not. So we would have to kill a lot of people for an innocent person. It is not anyone's fault except your lawyers horrible job of proving you are innocent if you really are innocent.

hello????

Bringing up Christianity is insane, There is a reason religion and government don't go together. Sure, I am a raised Catholic, but I am all for the death penalty. Yes, Taking someones life is a sin, but if you sit there and say 'oh God forgave me' That still dosn't make it right in the political sense. Everyone should be punished for crimes, this just has to do with the intesity of the crime so to speak. We can all agree that killing some one is morally wrong, they should get what the deserve. I would personally like them to die the way they killed their victims. But i don't understand what the big deal is here, there is absolutely nothing wrong with humanely euthanizing someone for what they did. I personally think this topic isn't worth debating, i mean, come on....it's payback in a sense. No one should get 'off the hook' for horrible crimes such as killing, in so many inhumane ways too. These fugitives are a danger to the American society. Would you not feel better knowing that your family will be safe because they are in death row awaiting death, instead of roaming around not knowing who their next victim will be. Think about it, and this subject really has nothing to do with the Christian religion at all and shouldn't be interfering with decisions.

Re: hello????

MCcorno89 said:
Bringing up Christianity is insane, There is a reason religion and government don't go together. Sure, I am a raised Catholic, but I am all for the death penalty. Yes, Taking someones life is a sin, but if you sit there and say 'oh God forgave me' That still dosn't make it right in the political sense. Everyone should be punished for crimes, this just has to do with the intesity of the crime so to speak. We can all agree that killing some one is morally wrong, they should get what the deserve. I would personally like them to die the way they killed their victims. But i don't understand what the big deal is here, there is absolutely nothing wrong with humanely euthanizing someone for what they did. I personally think this topic isn't worth debating, i mean, come on....it's payback in a sense. No one should get 'off the hook' for horrible crimes such as killing, in so many inhumane ways too. These fugitives are a danger to the American society. Would you not feel better knowing that your family will be safe because they are in death row awaiting death, instead of roaming around not knowing who their next victim will be. Think about it, and this subject really has nothing to do with the Christian religion at all and shouldn't be interfering with decisions.

So you want people to die the way they killed their victims? So you think revenge is justified, I guess a rapist should be raped. And this subject has everything to do with Christianity. Medevil people tend to live by the adage, "eye for an eye", hence they are pro-death penalty. Am I wrong here, or did Jesus replace this primitive, barbaric message on his famous "sermon on the mount" with "Love your enemy". And yet, you Christians are turning your backs on the person you claim to love. Hell, you live and die under his effergy, and you glorify the instrument that he was murdered on in the most barbaric way. IMO, Christians, are no followers of Christ. Who are we to impose death on anyone? Who are we to kill someone coldly, in an organized, pre-meditive manner?

Back
Top Bottom