• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any chance the Taliban has evolved?

I hope they’ve evolved and will actually try to run the country instead of just killing people but I have my doubts.

Last edited:
I'm optimistic.

I think they'll behave.

Our goal was to stop Afghanistan from harboring terrorists and exporting terrorism.

We might reach our goal yet.

They have behaved to a limited extent so far. IMO they'll be 30% more charitable to
those opposed to their edicts than they were before.

Of course they had. The old Taliban was very much a Pashtun ethnic militia.

The modern Taliban has gone out of their way to broaden their appeal and present themselves as a legitimate government.

They have absolutely changed, just not in a way that means much to most people.

I am inclined to believe the Taliban has evolved. Dont get me wrong, not evolved like in going from Freddy Krueger to Mother Theresa. Maybe Freddy Krueger to Charles Manson. Unless they are devilishly clever, it seems to me like their Press Conferences suggests an appreciation on their part that they are part of a larger world community, whose views they are prepared to listen to, if not accept, but at least give due consideration.

But an evolved Taliban runs its own risks. If they have become too soft, they may not last for too long. The hard Taliban at ground level has not been toiling for two decades, getting bombed by Great Satan, droned day in and day out, just to set up a Talibanlite

Back
Top Bottom