• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Any Chance Bernie...

dude threw himself on the sword to do the only thing that he could do to keep Trump out of the White House. i hate that he did it, but he has my respect. he should have been the nominee.

dude threw himself on the sword to do the only thing that he could do to keep Trump out of the White House. i hate that he did it, but he has my respect. he should have been the nominee.

I liked Jim Webb

Trump doesn't have the temperament to be given control of the most powerful military that the world has ever known. it boils down to that for me.

As I've said for a long time now, it boils down to SCOTUS picks for me.

Comrade BS has a history of tucking tail. Cowards rarely make good leaders, so I am glad Crooked Hillary cheated his sorry butt. And then the dummy falls for the corruption? :lmao:

Nope. He sold out. I'd have had far more respect for him if he'd done what he should have done. He should have acknowledged the corruption and lies. He should have shown his anger towards the party he tried to help. He should have stood up for the people who donated money to his campaign only to find out it was wasted thanks to a large conspiracy to keep him out. He should have told the Democratic Party to stick their own heads up their own asses. Mic drop. Peace Out.

THAT (or something like it) would have garnered "respect".

Instead, he's just helped to hand the election over to Trump.

Nobody trusts either candidate. Nobody. But when the lies, deception, and outright corruption are so dramatically in-your-face, and you still knuckle under and toe that specific party line....that's NOT respectful in my opinion.

It smacks of cowardly actually.

I'm a little befuddled and pretty saddened over the fact that Ted Cruz has shown more character than Bernie Sanders.

What the Dems did to Bernie (and his supporters) was far far worse than what Trump did to Cruz.

I just don't get why Bernie can't flip off that entire party and live out the rest of his life holding his head high.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but after hearing about Bernies speech today, it's been very hard not give up on him. I will hold out until the end of the week. If Bernie continues to actively back Her Majesty Corporate Queen Shillary I will lose much respect for him. I can hold out on the possibility he knows something, is waiting for the right time, etc. But after the last few days he is fully justified in taking the gloves off and fighting back. Even if he genuinely is endorsing her because he thinks Trump must be avoided at all costs, that's not enough. Not when we have been given the illusion of democracy while the primaries were .... at least significantly influenced if not completely rigged. Democracy is being eroded. We must fight that even at the risk of a Trump presidency.

It's what he will do. In the end, he's a Republocrat. He had some great ideas, but ideas don't move the Party System. Blind devotion to the Party moves the Party System. He will endorse Clinton, end of story. He will do what the Party tells him to do.

There's no true independence within the Republocrat structure.

I just don't get why Bernie can't flip off that entire party and live out the rest of his life holding his head high.

My guess. He really doesn't want the Supreme Court's tiebreaking vote replaced with a Conservative. The next president will most likely be able to direct that branch of government for at least the next decade. It provides a powerful incentive to help the candidate much closer to you ideologically win, even if that candidate screwed you over.

My guess. He really doesn't want the Supreme Court's tiebreaking vote replaced with a Conservative. The next president will most likely be able to direct that branch of government for at least the next decade. It provides a powerful incentive to help the candidate much closer to you ideologically win, even if that candidate screwed you over.

Trump is a "conservative"?

There is always going to be a judge or two needing to be replaced on the SCOTUS.

By telling the Dems to kiss his ass he might be able to salvage the 2020 POTUS election for them.

Trump is going to win this year.
The Dems have not only shot themselves in the foot, they've blown off everything from the waist down.

Somebody NEEDS to enlighten that party about how badly they've screwed themselves. The sooner the better.

Trump is a "conservative"?

There is always going to be a judge or two needing to be replaced on the SCOTUS.

By telling the Dems to kiss his ass he might be able to salvage the 2020 POTUS election for them.

Trump is going to win this year.
The Dems have not only shot themselves in the foot, they've blown off everything from the waist down.

Somebody NEEDS to enlighten that party about how badly they've screwed themselves. The sooner the better.

Trump is not really a conservative. Every justice on his list that he's going to use to replace Scalia is though. There is not always going to be a judge or two needing replacement on the Supreme Court. After Kennnedy and Ginsburg go, which they very well might the next term, we could have another decade plus long year period without change like we did in the 90s. Even more rare is actually changing the ideological bent of the Supreme Court, which the next president could do. It has only changed twice in the last 100 years. The Supreme Court has had a conservative ideological bent ever since Earl Warren retired in 1969.

Bernie has no spine. He bowed and kissed Clinton's ring and will fall in line like a good boy. His political message is only effective when he still has the opportunity to take money from his supporters so that he can go around the country before he passes away in a few years. Nice little last vacation I will admit.

You just don't get it. More than any other candidate, Bernie knows this is not about HIM. It is about the issues. He has made changes in the Democratic party that are un stoppable and in that way Bernie already won. The last think he would do is throw that all away by allowing a incompetent like Trump to tear it all down. He will campaign hard with Hillary and he will do it with all his heart.

Any chance Bernie Sanders comes out and flips off every single person in the Democratic party?

Any chance he states flat out that he'll vote for Gary Johnson loooooooooooong before he'll vote for H.C.?

Any chance he'll do the RIGHT thing and call out the corruption and lies that lead to us having Clinton rather than him?

Any chance he'll show he has true ethics and maximum fortitude?

Any chance Bernie makes a stand?

Shouldn't Bernie, at this point, tell everyone running the Democratic party to F-OFF ????

Absolutely, if only for the spectators. The show would be wonderful.

What "changes" did he make? What "un-stoppable changes"?

You didn't hear his speech I see. There will be a progressive agenda in the Democratic party and it will be unstoppable. Get used to some changes.

You just don't get it. More than any other candidate, Bernie knows this is not about HIM. It is about the issues. He has made changes in the Democratic party that are un stoppable and in that way Bernie already won. The last think he would do is throw that all away by allowing a incompetent like Trump to tear it all down. He will campaign hard with Hillary and he will do it with all his heart.

Unstoppable changes? Are you talking about the platform that Shillary is going to completely ignore?

If Trump can tear it all down its not unstoppable then. If anything Bernie has created a division in the party, one away from the entrenched corrupt democrats that do things like rig elections and for that I applaud Bernie. On the Republican side I see Trump much the same. The only sad thing is Bernie didn't get the nomination, The only thing this country needs to begin to move away from the established is for Trump to win. The non-stop corruption, lies and division are making that more and more likely every day.

Last edited:
Unstoppable changes? Are you talking about the platform that Shillary is going to completely ignore?

She will sign any bill that Warren or Bernie get thru Congress. That is really all she can do anyway. We can't get what needs to be done by executive orders.

If Trump can tear it all down its not unstoppable then. If anything Bernie has created a division in the party, one away from the entrenched corrupt democrats that do things like rig elections and for that I applaud Bernie. On the Republican side I see Trump much the same. The only sad thing is Bernie didn't get the nomination, The only thing this country needs to really change now is for Trump to win and the non-stop corruption and lies are making that more and more likely every day with every new democrat and Hillary scandal.

Trump has united the Dems and no amount of Russian leaks can change that. Get ready for a more progressive Govt. and change we can really believe in. Love Trumps hate.

Trump has united the Dems and no amount of Russian leaks can change that. Get ready for a more progressive Govt. and change we can really believe in. Love Trumps hate.

What sort of change do you expect Hillary to deliver? She is a status quo candidate if there ever was one.

Nope. He sold out. I'd have had far more respect for him if he'd done what he should have done. He should have acknowledged the corruption and lies. He should have shown his anger towards the party he tried to help. He should have stood up for the people who donated money to his campaign only to find out it was wasted thanks to a large conspiracy to keep him out. He should have told the Democratic Party to stick their own heads up their own asses. Mic drop. Peace Out.

THAT (or something like it) would have garnered "respect".

Instead, he's just helped to hand the election over to Trump.

Nobody trusts either candidate. Nobody. But when the lies, deception, and outright corruption are so dramatically in-your-face, and you still knuckle under and toe that specific party line....that's NOT respectful in my opinion.

It smacks of cowardly actually.
Actually following your proposed course of action would have more likely placed tRump in a position to win

I'm a little befuddled and pretty saddened over the fact that Ted Cruz has shown more character than Bernie Sanders.

What the Dems did to Bernie (and his supporters) was far far worse than what Trump did to Cruz.

Bernie is not an immature person who leads with his heart instead of his head

Back
Top Bottom