• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Any Bernie-To-Kamala supporters?

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I didn't like Kamala Harris mainly due to her record as prosecutor, which I still have some issues with (surprisingly, she clashed with Dianne Feinstein and the Democratic establishment over her opposition to the death penalty as recently as 2019) but upon doing some digging Kamala Harris really is literally the fourth or fifth-most progressive senator depending on measuring crucial or overall votes in the senate (she is literally a Markey-Sanders Democrat, even more Bernie Sanders than Bernie Sanders, even won praise from Nina Freakin Turner) and she's likely 2-4 years away from being President of the United States, the pick Bernie preferred over even Elizabeth Warren. Further, she's a worldy person more influenced by her Indian and Jamaican roots than the more Americanized Biden, Clinton and Obama. She clearly came from outside the beltway, and was even considered so as recently as during the primary. She's also teamed up with AOC on a housing bill and Harris also opposes Biden on trade, climate, Medicare-for-All and others or is at least to the left of him.

And it seems like a lot of progressives support her even if they don't like her, I was wondering if there were any here, or anyone who went from supporting a non-Biden candidate in the primary to supporting Kamala (like Yang or Tulsi or etc).

Edit: I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Kamala by any means but this research helped me relax a bit. Biden can still go **** himself. And Obama.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I feel like it could've gone in another forum.

I didn't like Kamala Harris mainly due to her record as prosecutor, which I still have some issues with (surprisingly, she clashed with Dianne Feinstein and the Democratic establishment over her opposition to the death penalty as recently as 2019) but upon doing some digging Kamala Harris really is literally the fourth or fifth-most progressive senator depending on measuring crucial or overall votes in the senate (she is literally a Markey-Sanders Democrat, even more Bernie Sanders than Bernie Sanders, even won praise from Nina Freakin Turner) and she's likely 2-4 years away from being President of the United States, the pick Bernie preferred over even Elizabeth Warren. Further, she's a worldy person more influenced by her Indian and Jamaican roots than the more Americanized Biden, Clinton and Obama. She clearly came from outside the beltway, and was even considered so as recently as during the primary. She's also teamed up with AOC on a housing bill and Harris also opposes Biden on trade, climate, Medicare-for-All and others or is at least to the left of him.

And it seems like a lot of progressives support her even if they don't like her, I was wondering if there were any here, or anyone who went from supporting a non-Biden candidate in the primary to supporting Kamala (like Yang or Tulsi or etc).

Edit: I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Kamala by any means but this research helped me relax a bit. Biden can still go **** himself. And Obama.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I feel like it could've gone in another forum.

I like her. in 2017 she was a co-signer of Bernie's Medicare for All bill.

For what it's worth, after initially stumbling, once her campaign developed its own version of Medicare-for-All it was the most plausible/realistic version offered by primary contenders.

I think people have little choice if they want any part of the progressive agenda at all. I doubt those who loved Bernie will have equal adoration for Harris, but like Biden, she'll do.

Lmao this is from TODAY

[video]https://thehill.com/homenews/media/515455-megyn-kelly-slams-kamala-harris-for-saying-shes-proud-of-jacob-blake[/video]

Megyn Kelly has establishment corporate media written all over her

Back
Top Bottom