• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Antifa Attacks Christians in Portland. Cops Do Not Intervene.

I do. I posted those facts in the OP. I'll enumerate them again for you.

1. This is simply further evidence (as if any additional evidence were required) that Antifa is genuinely an Un-American, fascist, violent organization.

2. Government cannot be counted on to protect our Constitutional rights even though that is the purpose of their existence.

3. The Second Amendment is more necessary now as in any time in America's past. If those Christians had been armed, this would never have happened.

What exactly is your problem with these points?
Those aren't facts about the events that took place. That's an analysis or a commentary on what took place.

Facts of the events that took place include: what kind of event was being held, who was holding it, who was attending, who protested, who fought who, etc. The source you used in your original post omitted key parts of those facts (compare post #1 to post #10). It's a bit hard to implicitly trust the accuracy of your analysis when you don't seem to be particularly familiar with the speaker (post #123), you didn't know that there were Proud Boys getting into fights with antifa (post #36), and - I have a hunch - that you are unaware that this part of a broader campaign in the Pacific Northwest where far-right types slapping a coat of Christian paint on their events to garner sympathy from more mainstream conservatives (post #39, which I think you left unaddressed).

The conclusions you draw about the events in Portland is completely driven by your understanding of what happened. I find it unlikely that there would be any fruitful discussion on your three points if you and whoever you are talking to if you aren't on the same page in terms of what even happened in the first place. Since you seem a bit unconcerned with how prevaricating your original source was, are you even interesting in trying to be on the same page?

Pawlowski?

What a shame.

You can read the details here.

Three points that capture my attention immediately:

1. This is simply further evidence (as if any additional evidence were required) that Antifa is genuinely an Un-American, fascist, violent organization.

2. Government cannot be counted on to protect our Constitutional rights even though that is the purpose of their existence.

3. The Second Amendment is more necessary now as in any time in America's past. If those Christians had been armed, this would never have happened.
This so called pastor, is Canadian, not American...and he is a political activist more than he is a pastor...he is in line with those crazies from Westboro Baptist Church.

The Proud boys are not a protector, they are street terrorists. About the same as Antifa is. And I am pretty sure they did not come to "attack christians" they came there to confront hateful people and their supporting street terrorists.

I am not sure whether the antifa thugs or the proud boy terrorists started this fight. But if you go to a liberal city and hold a hate fest, you do that to create controversy and try and create fights between your thugs and the thugs from the other side.

Standing up against hate is not un-American, festering hatred is. And that is what this priest, his followers and the proud boys and antifa were there to create.

Do you know the details? No, you posted a very dubious one sided source, other sources will have their own bias, so who knows what the truth is, nobody not even those who were there.
He isn't a priest or a preacher...he is a fake...the Canadian government does not recognize his church as a church. He isn't even American...he needs to be sent straight back to Canada.

Actually, it is largely the Antifa and BLM thugs who are American Marxist ideologues who hate America and the Proud Boys are mostly patriotic Americans. The Antifa & BLM also hate Christians and white people, whom they falsely claim are all racists by birth. This is why they use threats of violence and violence to silence those who oppose their growing lust for power. If you were wondering what Barrack Obama meant by "fundamentally changing America" these thugs are showing you what they think of Western civilization. They hate it and seek to destroy it and silence by any means necessary those who defend this great country.

The progressive leftists also hate individual liberty and personal responsibility. They hate the rule of law and the police. The American Marxists also hate free enterprise and capitalism. They favor indoctrination over education and now have the majority of rich Americans and big corporations funding the progressive left takeover of the Democrat party. If given control of the Federal government they will behave much like the Chinese communist party does today in China.

Andy Ngo is not affiliated with the Proud Boys and has been exposing the evil actions of Antifa independently of the Proud Boys. Ngo is a journalist who is exposing how Antifa operates and has been violently attacked and his life threatened by Antifa. If I am wrong then please go ahead and prove it by posting credible verifiable evidence.
The Proud Boys are patriotic Americans? LMAO....no, they aren't...they are fascists.

Your information comes from a conservative Christian website. It is completely biased. it is not evidence that Antifa is unAmerican. The city of Portland most certainly does police these encounters between the Proud Boys and Antifa. And while you have a constitutional right to condemn gays to your private hell, rave your freedoms being taken away by Covid restrictions and call the police Nazis when they close your illegal church meeting you don't have a constitutional right to be free from the consequences of your fulminations.

You are misinformed about the entire unfolding of the people and the events of August 7, 2021 in Portland, Oregon.

You haven't a clue who the people are in these events. Here's some background. Not for you but for those interested in who was really involved.

Artur Pawlowski (born March 28, 1973) is a Polish-Canadian Protestant street preacher and political activist. He is pastor of the Cave of Adullam congregation in Calgary. Pawlowski is also founder and pastor of Street Church Ministries (SCM), a politically active group no longer recognized as a religious or charitable organization by the Canadian government. Pawlowski is known for his homophobic views and opposition to COVID-19 restrictions. He was arrested last spring for defying Canadian restrictions and calling the police Nazis.

Sean Feucht is a Christian right singer, songwriter and former worship leader at Bethel Church in Redding, California. Feucht has been criticized for holding various Christian worship concerts in mid-2020 .... to protest government restrictions on gatherings because of the pandemic.

Gavin McInnes, founded the Proud Boys in 2016 to support Trumpian capitalism ("glorify the entrepreneur", "close the border") radical libertarianism ("give everyone a gun", "abolish prison", "end welfare") and traditional gender roles ("venerate the housewife"). "Meetings usually consist of drinking, fighting, and reading aloud from Pat Buchanan's Death of the West
Rob Cantrell leader of the Portland Proud Boys is living on a monthly $900 disability cheque - even though the one of the stated goals of the Proud Boys is to end all welfare.

Luis Enrique Marquez, 40, leader of the Anti-fa, lives in Portland and has always been involved in Portland's punk, skinhead and anti-racist subcultures, About Trump's election he said,."I was angry, I wanted my voice heard that I didn't agree with this president." "We are all immigrants. We are all family." https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-47332054

Ted Wheeler, Portland's mayor, a Democrat, is clear about who he blames for the violence." Groups like Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys... they come from the outside. They're trying to provoke a reaction."

Chief Danielle Outlaw, Portland's police chief says, "Officers have a difficult job. They have to protect freedom of expression, as well as ensure public safety. And that means they have to act reactively, even if groups with known history of violence gather.
We're not allowed to shut something down before it happens."

And then there is Andy Ngo a Portland native, conservative reporter for the Post Millennial a conservative Canadian news site. He writes biased accounts of Anti-Fa, has been caught on video provoking Anti-fa if there isn't anything reportable going on. He never posts a balanced view, and you can't always believe his "facts"

Where most of it all happens
Tom McCall Waterfront Park a 30-acre park alongside the Willamette River in downtown Portland. Because of its prime location, it hosts many of Portland's special events – including the ever-popular Oregon Brewers Festival and the Portland Rose Festival.

What really happened.

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 Right wing faith leader Arthur Pawlowski a Canadian street preacher brought his touring homophobic, anti-pandemic restrictions religious show called Courageous Truth to McCall Waterfront Park. About 50 people showed up. The event was disrupted by Anti-fa protesters trying to dismantle the sound system and throwing smoke bombs at the congregants. The disruption could not have been too bad since Pawlowski kept right on preaching ...... for 90 minutes. Anti-fa were in turn assaulted with paint guns, batons and bear spray by Proud Boys. Andy Ngo attended and posted only videos of Anti-fa behaving like jerks.

On Sunday, August 8, Sean Feucht another conservative religious leader returned to Portland with his Let Us Worship show of music, preaching and defiance of Covid restrictions. He came with a 40 man security team referred to as ex-military, ex-police “LOVERS OF JESUS" “If you mess with them" said Feucht, "or our 1st amendment right to worship God – you’ll meet Jesus one way or another”

While some disagreements were deescalated during Sunday’s event, right-wing guards shot fireworks from their pickup trucks as night fell and black-clad anti-fascists threw metal spikes on the road as a countermeasure, according to Willamette Week.

Later in the evening groups began fighting downtown as the concert let out, brawling and exchanging shots of paintballs and fireworks. Some openly walked with weapons. Video shows a man pointing what appears to be a rifle directly at a journalist taking photos, with his finger on the trigger. Police said officers determined it was an airsoft gun. Police did not make any arrests. excerpted from: https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...land/283-2f29569a-121b-4f7c-9d74-e3a82d7713cb

My Commentary: Both groups Pawlowski's and Feucht's came to Portland specifically because they knew they would cause protests. If you are really interested in music and worshiping then you look for a nice quiet church in which to hold your event. You don't go to McCall Waterfront park a site of protests, riots, arrests, violence and controversy. Both men preach a conservative, controversial, aggressive defiance of covid restrictions in a city that is very socially conscientious about observing the restrictions. They both behaved badly, both came to Portland looking to start fights. All the self righteous religious sites, like the one posted, got a chance to tell how how America doesn't respect their religion and how they were attacked of their religious beliefs. Everybody got what they came for. Nobody got arrested. What's the problem?

You haven't a clue who the people are in these events...
First Amendment
"Congress shall make no law...bridging the freedom of speech...or the right of the people peaceably to assemble..."

Your argument is that some people are not allowed their God-given, Constitutionally-protected freedoms because of who they are or what they believe.

Your views are anti-American.

First Amendment
"Congress shall make no law...bridging the freedom of speech...or the right of the people peaceably to assemble..."

Your [Weaver2] argument is that some people are not allowed their God-given, Constitutionally-protected freedoms because of who they are or what they believe.

True that. Sadly a large proportion of the progressive left zealots view the USA as evil and support a perverted Marxist-style cult that claims all white Americans are "privileged" and have no right to speak about the "oppressed". These deranged folks join Antifa, BLM, and others and are trying to take away the individual rights and hate the first amendment. It appears weaver2 is here defending the progressive left's anti-American efforts. Sad.

First Amendment

Your argument is that some people are not allowed their God-given, Constitutionally-protected freedoms because of who they are or what they believe.

The quasi 'religious' leaders came looking for a fight and they got one... Some wise man once said something about size of a check and size of the ass backing it up... :unsure:

It's VERY American to say- talk no shit and there will be no shit... :cautious:

The PBs are bit slow on the uptake- wannabee 'martyrs' wanting to play the victim card... ✌️

First Amendment

Nope that's not what I said. I said some assholes came to Portland and preached lies, created a riot on purpose and then screamed about being denied their 1st amendment rights. I said conservative Christian media whined that the preachers treatment and cried about being victims. Pawlowski preached for 90 minutes.

My views are anti-asshole.

True that. Sadly a large proportion of the progressive left zealots view the USA as evil and support a perverted Marxist-style cult that claims all white Americans are "privileged" and have no right to speak about the "oppressed". These deranged folks join Antifa, BLM, and others and are trying to take away the individual rights and hate the first amendment. It appears weaver2 is here defending the progressive left's anti-American efforts. Sad.
Really? What freedoms were taken away from Pawlowski and Feucht? There were both completely free to act like jerks and talk smack about covid restrictions. The PB got to whack Anti-fa with batons and shoot paint balls at them. Anti-fa was free to throw smoke bombs. "Christian" websites were free to lie about what happened on the 7th and 8th. Nobody was arrested. Whose freedoms were denied?

Nope that's not what I said. I said some assholes came to Portland and preached lies, created a riot on purpose and then screamed about being denied their 1st amendment rights.
They were attacked. The police did not protect them.
My views are anti-asshole.
Your views are anti-American. Period.

Would you please forward me the phone number for the President of Antifa? I'd like to join that "organization" that is a real thing and not something just made up by you and your fellow trump fans :)

Would you please forward me the phone number for the President of Antifa? I'd like to join that "organization" that is a real thing and not something just made up by you and your fellow trump fans :)
Here's their official web page.

I'm sure it will be of more help to you than I can in this regard.

What really happened.

On Saturday, August 7, 2021 Right wing faith leader Arthur Pawlowski a Canadian street preacher brought his touring homophobic, anti-pandemic restrictions religious show called Courageous Truth to McCall Waterfront Park. About 50 people showed up. The event was disrupted by Anti-fa protesters trying to dismantle the sound system and throwing smoke bombs at the congregants. The disruption could not have been too bad since Pawlowski kept right on preaching ...... for 90 minutes. Anti-fa were in turn assaulted with paint guns, batons and bear spray by Proud Boys. Andy Ngo attended and posted only videos of Anti-fa behaving like jerks.

On Sunday, August 8, Sean Feucht another conservative religious leader returned to Portland with his Let Us Worship show of music, preaching and defiance of Covid restrictions. He came with a 40 man security team referred to as ex-military, ex-police “LOVERS OF JESUS" “If you mess with them" said Feucht, "or our 1st amendment right to worship God – you’ll meet Jesus one way or another”

While some disagreements were deescalated during Sunday’s event, right-wing guards shot fireworks from their pickup trucks as night fell and black-clad anti-fascists threw metal spikes on the road as a countermeasure, according to Willamette Week.

Later in the evening groups began fighting downtown as the concert let out, brawling and exchanging shots of paintballs and fireworks. Some openly walked with weapons. Video shows a man pointing what appears to be a rifle directly at a journalist taking photos, with his finger on the trigger. Police said officers determined it was an airsoft gun. Police did not make any arrests. excerpted from: https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...land/283-2f29569a-121b-4f7c-9d74-e3a82d7713cb

My Commentary: Both groups Pawlowski's and Feucht's came to Portland specifically because they knew they would cause protests. If you are really interested in music and worshiping then you look for a nice quiet church in which to hold your event. You don't go to McCall Waterfront park a site of protests, riots, arrests, violence and controversy. Both men preach a conservative, controversial, aggressive defiance of covid restrictions in a city that is very socially conscientious about observing the restrictions. They both behaved badly, both came to Portland looking to start fights. All the self righteous religious sites, like the one posted, got a chance to tell how how America doesn't respect their religion and how they were attacked of their religious beliefs. Everybody got what they came for. Nobody got arrested. What's the problem?
So, you agree with silencing people's first amendment right, huh?

Back
Top Bottom