• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-vaccine protesters temporarily shut down major coronavirus vaccine site at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles

That is like blaming Dr. Jonas Salk for Polio.

Trump ensured America has an ample supply of free Vaccine.

The Trump derangement has to end sooner than later.
Did Salk suggest Lysol? Say polio would disappear like magic? By Easter? Object to sailors being treated cause it would up the numbers? You are mistaking who is deranged. More died than needed to, and many of those lives are on him. Trump could have ensured a landslide re-election had he not dropped the ball.

My brain is working fine.

Educate yourself; read the disclaimer.
I know what it says. I also know nobody ever told anybody that a cloth mask protects them. It protects others. And it does help some. Better than nothing at all, certainly.

Y'all really need to stop repeating what you hear in your media. It's not a good look.

I can understand not getting vaccinated because of a wacky fear of autism, but what other “science” is behind the protest? We’re there any interviews of the protestors?

I know what it says. I also know nobody ever told anybody that a cloth mask protects them. It protects others. And it does help some. Better than nothing at all, certainly.

Y'all really need to stop repeating what you hear in your media. It's not a good look.
You treat masking like it's the cure. It's not the cure - not even close.

Stop being masking and distancing Nazis. Most people hate it, and it's hurting the economy.

Stop being masking and distancing Nazis. Most people hate it, and it's hurting the economy.
Nobody ever said it was the cure. It's a mitigation tactic.

Which we wouldn't have needed had we gone for conatinment as the more successful countries did.

You should be mad at trump for his failure to even attempt containment.

Of course not-no one wants that.
How would you propose that people who want to be vaccinated (or go about whatever legal business they would like to engage in) be guaranteed the unhindered right to be able to do so?
I am open to suggestion.
The delay was "nearly an hour."

Masks and distancing seem to work to slow the spread of the virus. What would be your alternative suggestions for dealing with it?

One of the largest vaccination sites in the country briefly shut down Saturday afternoon because maskless, anti-vaccine protesters blocked the entrance, officials said.
For nearly an hour, thousands of motorists in line to get a coronavirusvaccine shot at Dodger Stadium were stalled as about 50 people demonstrating against immunization efforts caused officials to temporarily close the site’s gates, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told The Washington Post. The protest had no impact on the number of shots given Saturday at the site, which can vaccinate 8,000 people a day, Ortiz said.

No arrests were made, according to police.

Why did not the police arrest at least a couple of the protests? I get the fact that there is not enough time and resources to charge everybody who violates in some way a law (and this applies also when leftist protests violate the law) but the message of impunity that is given by not arresting even a single person from those lunatics is dangerous and can create bigger problems down the road as others may decide to follow the example that was set by this group of anti-vaccine (or perhaps just MAGA) activists .

Such anti-science sentiment as displayed by those protesters is counterproductive. If the U.S. is to overcome the pandemic, mass vaccination will be essential. I am looking forward to the day I can receive the vaccine, though being someone who is in a low-risk, low-priority group, I doubt that I will have the opportunity until the summer.

I do not presently have my mask on. So I am committing violence in my own home?

Of course not.
The context was that there was a group of people gathered together in a protest

The Trump Vaccine will save millions of lives and should not be blocked from the people being vaccinated.

Which vaccine did the jackass make again? I forgot.

The article didn't speak of any violence. Are you trying to tell me there was?

The violence committed was trying to keep people from getting vaccines.

The violence committed was trying to keep people from getting vaccines.

As well as potentially attacking other innocent people with Covid 19 because they recklessly failed to mask up.

arrest them all and fine them to the gills. this is a pandemic. anti-vax morons can complain on their computers.

As well as potentially attacking other innocent people with Covid 19 because they recklessly failed to mask up.

I’m unclear on why republicans would defend this action. Owning the libs by spreading plague!

One of the largest vaccination sites in the country briefly shut down Saturday afternoon because maskless, anti-vaccine protesters blocked the entrance, officials said.
For nearly an hour, thousands of motorists in line to get a coronavirusvaccine shot at Dodger Stadium were stalled as about 50 people demonstrating against immunization efforts caused officials to temporarily close the site’s gates, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told The Washington Post. The protest had no impact on the number of shots given Saturday at the site, which can vaccinate 8,000 people a day, Ortiz said.

Why did not the police arrest at least a couple of the protests? I get the fact that there is not enough time and resources to charge everybody who violates in some way a law (and this applies also when leftist protests violate the law) but the message of impunity that is given by not arresting even a single person from those lunatics is dangerous and can create bigger problems down the road as others may decide to follow the example that was set by this group of anti-vaccine (or perhaps just MAGA) activists .
They have a right to protest and their anti-science beliefs but not to block those that want the vaccine and believe quite differently. I agree, some should be arrested as a deterrent that all views and rights be respected.

Of course not.
The context was that there was a group of people gathered together in a protest
We saw BLM protest, Antifa beat the hell out of protestors and a stinking election.

We protest Biden as well.

Every one of those assholes should be in jail.

I’m unclear on why republicans would defend this action. Owning the libs by spreading plague!

I have the same identical complaint about the BLM protests if they are are reckless.
Just wear your damn mask!

We saw BLM protest, Antifa beat the hell out of protestors and a stinking election.

We protest Biden as well.

Protest all you want. Do it legally and responsively. Same rules for everyone.
Agreed?

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz told The Washington Post. The protest had no impact on the number of shots given Saturday at the site, which can vaccinate 8,000 people a day, Ortiz said.

Big victory for Biden. Out of millions living in that area, 8,000 got vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom