• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-Russian bias in NYT

Thoreau72

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Sorry for no link, but today's NYT prints a smaller headline, "Russia bolsters its sub fleet, raising tensions" and the story goes on to say how the US Navy must respond to this fact.

Nowhere does the story mention any US or NATO encroachment upon any Russian borders which also raises tensions in Russia, and has been ongoing for years or decades now.

Whassup with that bias by NYT, that incomplete and out of context reporting?

It is going to be tough to respond without the story, especially in the context of a "anti-Russian" bias.

Russia has a new class of ballistic missile submarine and a new class of attack submarine, the Borei-class and the Severodvinsk-class respectively. These are faster and much quieter than previous Russian subs. Russia also has developed and implemented a new (SLBM) ballistic missile named the Bulava (Mace). Russia has ~45 attack subs ... 25 nuclear powered and 20 non-nuclear powered. Western navies note that Russian subs are again probing the G.I.U.K Gap and mapping undersea communications cables.

I read the NYT article. Stating facts and quoting US naval personnel is hardly bias.

A better headline would be "Russia bolsters it's fleet while it's pal China develops missiles than can annihilate London in twenty minutes and any other US city in thirty."

China 'tests terrifyingly powerful Dongfeng-41 nuclear missile' which could destroy London in HALF AN HOUR - Mirror Online

Russia is a hostile, aggressive enemy of the USA who is in strategic partnership with China, and by proxy North Korea and Iran. The USA may end up being the target of all four of them at one in a sneak attack, which is China's preferred methodology.

Russia want it's old prison colonies back since they stole them fair and square. They are, after all part of the Russian kleptocracy the Russian mob calls "Our Government and our Friend".

A better headline would be "Russia bolsters it's fleet while it's pal China develops missiles than can annihilate London in twenty minutes and any other US city in thirty."

China 'tests terrifyingly powerful Dongfeng-41 nuclear missile' which could destroy London in HALF AN HOUR - Mirror Online

Russia is a hostile, aggressive enemy of the USA who is in strategic partnership with China, and by proxy North Korea and Iran. The USA may end up being the target of all four of them at one in a sneak attack, which is China's preferred methodology.

Russia want it's old prison colonies back since they stole them fair and square. They are, after all part of the Russian kleptocracy the Russian mob calls "Our Government and our Friend".

:roll::roll:

This isn't Call of Duty.

Your confusing the Japanese and Chinese as well. The Japanese are infamous for beginning wars with suprise attacks on naval bases.

The US also has missiles which could destroy London but you don't see the newspapers making hysterical reports about that.

I could also point out why, exactly, Russia is so interested in regaining control of Eastern Europe, but I doubt you'd understand

Brah I ain't even a fan of Putin's Russia but this is just anti-Russian nonsense.

I could see China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea letting us have it. Does anyone actually think we'd go all out on all three and win? The geographic position of our adversaries guarantees destruction of both coasts (and their ports).

China could start an engagement in the south China sea, as Russia rolled into Ukraine or Poland, and Hezbollah attacks Israel, and Iran tests a nuke.

We are not ready for the world a determined effort could present to us.

Mr Pompous said:
I doubt you'd understand
You are right. Due to your superior intellect, you have the longest nose to look down upon us peons. LOL.

Brah I ain't even a fan of Putin's Russia but this is just anti-Russian nonsense.
You are entitled to share Putin's opinion.

I'm not going to get dragged into a crap slinging nasty argument. I have my theories, and you have yours, but I won't dismiss you as naive. It's not necessary.

Lack of imagination is our biggest peacetime threat.

Sorry for no link, but today's NYT prints a smaller headline, "Russia bolsters its sub fleet, raising tensions" and the story goes on to say how the US Navy must respond to this fact.

Nowhere does the story mention any US or NATO encroachment upon any Russian borders which also raises tensions in Russia, and has been ongoing for years or decades now.

Not a complicated issue. The Military/Industrial/CorporateComplex is using the NYTimes, Washington Post, and LA Times, among others, to gin up a Cold War hysteria mentality to keep those weapons fundings coming. Keerissst, the CIA, NED, Nuland, State Dept, and USAID, among others, bought and paid for a coup in Ukraine and the presstitute media in the USA blame the Russians for the instability. If you want your War Machine to continure making money, you must have a good marketing organization making a case for your product, and if that product is paid for with tax dollars, then you have to manage the minds of the taxpayers and that is you, me and Grandma, but not the dog. The NeoCon NWO coterie is trying to control the World economically as an Imperialistic agenda or to prevent a collapse of the USDollar. Either is a plausible scenario. Wowser! Fear, chaos! Demonize Russians and Chinese because their economies are out of the NeoCon and 1% loop. The "War Machine is good business, and business is good," but if you don't aggressively market the business, it will slow down. Heavens to Murgagtroyd, be careful or peace and tranquility might invade our lives. Just joking because the MIC will never allow that.

I could see China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea letting us have it. Does anyone actually think we'd go all out on all three and win? The geographic position of our adversaries guarantees destruction of both coasts (and their ports).

China could start an engagement in the south China sea, as Russia rolled into Ukraine or Poland, and Hezbollah attacks Israel, and Iran tests a nuke.

We are not ready for the world a determined effort could present to us.

You are right. Due to your superior intellect, you have the longest nose to look down upon us peons. LOL.

You are entitled to share Putin's opinion.

I'm not going to get dragged into a crap slinging nasty argument. I have my theories, and you have yours, but I won't dismiss you as naive. It's not necessary.

Lack of imagination is our biggest peacetime threat.

Once again---- :roll:

Not a complicated issue. The Military/Industrial/CorporateComplex is using the NYTimes, Washington Post, and LA Times, among others, to gin up a Cold War hysteria mentality to keep those weapons fundings coming. Keerissst, the CIA, NED, Nuland, State Dept, and USAID, among others, bought and paid for a coup in Ukraine and the presstitute media in the USA blame the Russians for the instability. If you want your War Machine to continure making money, you must have a good marketing organization making a case for your product, and if that product is paid for with tax dollars, then you have to manage the minds of the taxpayers and that is you, me and Grandma, but not the dog. The NeoCon NWO coterie is trying to control the World economically as an Imperialistic agenda or to prevent a collapse of the USDollar. Either is a plausible scenario. Wowser! Fear, chaos! Demonize Russians and Chinese because their economies are out of the NeoCon and 1% loop. The "War Machine is good business, and business is good," but if you don't aggressively market the business, it will slow down. Heavens to Murgagtroyd, be careful or peace and tranquility might invade our lives. Just joking because the MIC will never allow that.

Incredible. :roll:

It is going to be tough to respond without the story, especially in the context of a "anti-Russian" bias.

Right, I was hoping that the headline itself was sufficient for the conversation. The story itself simply expanded on that theme--the Russians are aggressive and provocative, the US are angels and do no wrong, ever.

A gross misstatement of the situation and historical record.

Simpleχity;1065790459 said:
Russia has a new class of ballistic missile submarine and a new class of attack submarine, the Borei-class and the Severodvinsk-class respectively. These are faster and much quieter than previous Russian subs. Russia also has developed and implemented a new (SLBM) ballistic missile named the Bulava (Mace). Russia has ~45 attack subs ... 25 nuclear powered and 20 non-nuclear powered. Western navies note that Russian subs are again probing the G.I.U.K Gap and mapping undersea communications cables.

I read the NYT article. Stating facts and quoting US naval personnel is hardly bias.

So it is perfectly fine if we build and improve our military assets, but when the Russians do the same thing, it is being belligerent and provocative and aggressive.

That sir, is the bias in the media.

That sir, is the bias in the media.
Here is bias in the media ... which you never complain about...

Channel 1 Russia, RIA Novosti, Russia Today (RT), Sputnik News, ITAR-TASS, NTV, Fort Russ, Channel Russia, Channel Russia 24, Komsomolskaya Pravda, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Voice of Russia

Simpleχity;1065793845 said:

Channel 1 Russia, RIA Novosti, Russia Today (RT), Sputnik News, ITAR-TASS, NTV, Fort Russ, Channel Russia, Channel Russia 24, Komsomolskaya Pravda, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Voice of Russia

I understand that any government pats itself on the back and spins stories in its favor. That is not a profound knowledge. Russia and China and Britain and Colombia and everybody else does the same thing. Yes, I've known that for years.

The larger point is that many of those countries do not have that little First Amendment principle we like to brag about, whilst giving it only lip service in real life.

For this US citizen, it seems that the Russian propaganda and spin is far less offensive than the US spin and deception. Using MH17 as an example, the media orgy here in the US and its Axis Of Propaganda was all deception and lies, even as the Russians outlets told the truth as best they knew it, even as the Russian government quickly provided data and information quickly, and more than a year later the US never once provided anything to back up its claims.

See the difference?

I am neither Russian nor American -- I am Jewish. Definitely Russia has no aggressive plans toward USA.

No bias. Plenty of global media outlets cover Russian military invasions and Olympic cheating...

NYT - Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold

RFERL: Report: Russians At Sochi Olympics Were Part Of State-Run Doping Program

Yahoo - Russian ex-doping watchdog details Olympic cheat plot

The Guardian: Russian doctors and athletes ‘switched urine samples’ at Sochi Olympics

sochi-2014-620x350.jpg

At least 15 Russian Sochi medal winners used banned Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs)

Simpleχity;1065793845 said:

Your personal bias against Russia has been noted many times. Perhaps you are employed to present a biased narrative against Russia. Who would want to pay someone to do that? Let's see, perhaps an agency with an agenda that would gain by demonizing Russia? Misinformation, disinformation, fear, chaos, demons and devils, don't ya' know?

Your personal bias against Russia has been noted many times.
On the contrary. As I've noted before, I have visited Russia and am genuinely fond of Rossiya and her people.

But I am not fond of the authoritarian Putin kleptocracy.

Simpleχity;1065860727 said:
On the contrary. As I've noted before, I have visited Russia and am genuinely fond of Rossiya and her people.

But I am not fond of the authoritarian Putin kleptocracy.

What has Putin taken from you?

Russia is always making itself look bad, no bias needed to highlight that.

I think you've been reading and watching too much RTV.

I think you've been reading and watching too much RTV.

My cable provider, AT&Treason, does not allow RT to be shown, so I don't watch any at all.

The anti-Russian bias is obvious in the western media, which I do watch.

My cable provider, AT&Treason, does not allow RT to be shown, so I don't watch any at all.

The anti-Russian bias is obvious in the western media, which I do watch.

That's a cop out excuse. They have a website. And I'm sure if you hate the western media so much you can easily find other channels online. Doesn't mean they any better

That's a cop out excuse. They have a website. And I'm sure if you hate the western media so much you can easily find other channels online. Doesn't mean they any better

I like to watch the western media propaganda shows. I like to know how they want me to think. I watch it until it makes me nauseous, but at least I know how they want me to think. It's a method I learned in the Army--find out how they want you to think, and act and think accordingly. :mrgreen:

So mine was not a copout as you say, just an explanation that I don't watch RTV. I wish I could, but AT&T won't let me.

Back
Top Bottom