• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-racist Arguments Are Tearing People Apart

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Anti-racist Arguments Are Tearing People Apart - The Atlantic

The viral youtube video was cued to begin at 42:23, the moment most likely to elicit incredulity. A webcam was tight on the face of Robin Broshi, a middle-aged white woman. She was upset. The edge in her voice sought to explain, to emphasize, to insist, that a wrong had been done.

“It hurts people,” she said, “when they see a white man bouncing a brown baby on their lap and they don’t know the context!”

Wait. What?

“That is harmful!” she continued. “That makes people cry! It makes people log out of our meetings.” The video’s description mentions the “NYC Community Education Council for Manhattan District 2,” which serves more than 60,000 students spread across 121 schools.

I made a series of rapid assumptions about what I was watching. I surmised that Broshi was a college-educated, upper-middle-class progressive who sits on some sort of education council in the public-school system and owns copies of White Fragility and How to Be an Antiracist. I surmised that she was calling someone out. And I surmised that her white, male target was offscreen rolling his eyes. All of which turned out to be correct.

But I also felt confused. Why would a New Yorker in 2020 see an adult holding a baby with a different phenotype and presume something nefarious was afoot? Until recently, I would have expected that sort of retrograde attitude from the alt-right. Beleaguered curiosity prompted me to burrow down an unlikely rabbit hole: extended footage from several NYC Community Education Council District 2 meetings. I wanted to understand what seemed to be the latest confounding addition to the rapidly changing code of elite, “anti-racist” manners.

This is a really interesting read; especially coming from The Atlantic. It's like watching how the left eat their own, because you can never be left enough, ideologically pure enough, or up-to-date on the latest SJW materials.

It reminds me of the "resistance" in the movie Children of Men; on the side of right, until they aren't. Ultimately people are going to destroy one another over social impurity. This article takes you inside the insanity.

The Offense:

Several members of the anti-screening faction took exception to three things that Wrocklage did during the June 11 meeting: (1) Using a whiteboard, he noted that the four members who want to end screening all send their own kids to screened schools. (2) Three hours and eight minutes into the meeting, when another member characterized screening as “structural racism,” he rejected that characterization by flippantly interjecting, “My living room is integrated right now.” (3) About six minutes later, during an unrelated conversation among other council members about whether the NYPD or the Department of Education should employ school security, Wrocklage briefly held a Black baby on his lap, partly offscreen.

#1 is particularly amusing. Democrats are so arrogant and hypocritical that they make rules for the little people while doing the exact opposite for themselves. It's the same kind of double standard like when non-native islanders on Maui tell you to go home. haha

From the linked article in the OP here: 1980's Liberal Activist Issues Dire Warning That BLM Is Fanning A Race War!
But BLM had already more subtly begun priming their takeover in true “witch hunt” fashion for a few years now by emphatically spearheading the infusion of the so-called “cancel culture” into American Universities and other institutions. The “cancel culture” at universities manipulatively capitalizes on the historically unprecedented emotional immaturity of Generation Z students dominating undergrad college campuses, and manifests as a form of mob lynching by means of leveling ludicrously false accusations of racism or supposed microaggression at targeted White people in teaching, tenure and management that bullies them into resigning under various additional personal threats. For example, here is a short video documentary of the “cancel culture” mob lynching of Bret Weinstein, professor at Evergreen State College: Evergreen Madness: Why Bret Weinstein Left . Horrifically disgusting — and Weinstein is a progressive! His crime? Apparently, from BLM’s perspective, it’s “teaching while White”!
Yep, the "cancel culture" is so virulent now, the left are indeed truly eating their own .. and initially it's indeed been mostly breast and wings .. but they'll be dining on legs and thighs too as they descend deeper into zombie-like ravenousness.

It would be interesting to see all those professors who were forced out of their jobs and careers for "Teaching while White", band together, find some dirty, awful, "White-Male" investors, to buy an old closed college somewhere, and start a new, fully accredited, modern equipped, Conservative-White-Male ONLY student body college.

For over 20 years, White-males have been over 32% of the population, yet they are less than 4% of the recipients of 4 year college degrees.

There are many colleges which are Black Only, or Women Only.

Given that they have been forced out of their career for "Teaching while White", why not create a new school targeted at teaching a vastly under served segment of the population?

I suspect that the competitive graduates of such a school would hit the competitive world market for employment doing amazing things. After all, in such a school, racial/gender/orientation politics would never be an issue with grades or advancement, only skill and knowledge.

The best graduates of such a school would be the best of the best, of the vast discarded human resource: Intelligent White Men.

-

Back
Top Bottom