• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-maskers explain themselves

Well use whatever you call 'common sense' then; or is that a foreign concept as far as you are concerned, because 'liberty'? Why is a recommendation to wear a mask such a problem for you?

This one got lost in the shuffle, so to speak. My apologies.

It seems that you are either not reading what I am posting, or are failing to comprehend what is being posted. I can't tell which. One example - we are not discussing a "recommendation to wear a mask" - we are discussing a mandate to wear a mask.

Search my posts in this forum, you will find the answers you seek to your questions. I tire of repeating myself.

False premise. Your assertion of who I am is predisposed based on your notion of what is appropriate.

You, like every other person who has attempted to refute my position, has utterly failed to overcome a few very simple principles.
  1. No government official should have the power to bypass the legislature and proper procedures to remove freedom. No matter if we are discussing masks or red letters or wearing a coat in winter time. My principles are consistent with the tenets that this country was founded on.
  2. I should not have any of my inherent freedoms removed from me without being proven guilty in a court of law that I have violated someone else's rights. As I do not have COVID, I am not harming anyone else if I don't wear a mask. And you can't prove otherwise. Basic legal principle.
  3. Allowing executive orders to be utilized in substitution for legislative procedures is a horrendous abuse of the checks and balances in this country. It needs to be stopped before some governor orders mandatory vaccinations, or mandatory gun bans, or mandatory re-education camps. Executive orders are the slippery slope of government.
In addition - your assertion that I am self-centered is merely a coping mechanism that you are using to distract from the fact that I am on solid principled ground. You can't refute my position logically, and so you devolve into name calling. This is a sure fire indicator that I am winning this debate.

I do appreciate that you don't wish me to get COVID, and I wish the same for every other human on the planet including you. But I can't have my wish - many people will get COVID and there is very little we can do about it until we create a vaccine. What I can do is advocate for the preservation of freedom and personally responsibility.
How about your responsibility to your fellow citizens by protecting them from you by wearing a mask?

My principles are consistent with the tenets that this country was founded on.
What tenets was this country founded on?

How about your responsibility to your fellow citizens by protecting them from you by wearing a mask?

No such thing exists. Nor does my mask protect you. Protect is a strong word, and one that does not fit with mask use in terms of COVID spread. You need to do more research.

I should not have any of my inherent freedoms removed from me without being proven guilty in a court of law that I have violated someone else's rights. As I do not have COVID, I am not harming anyone else if I don't wear a mask. And you can't prove otherwise. Basic legal principle.
I'm making a logical extension of your statement- let me know how I did:

If it is proved that an American has Covid-19, then their "inherent freedoms" are null and void, as long as that American is proved "guilty" in a court of law of being infected with Covid-19.

Do you not understand our own history?
Do you usually answer direct questions with questions?

Yes, I have an understanding of our history. Surely it won't align with yours.

You take whatever risk you want to.

The risk is increased by those that do not wear a mask in those places out in public where the risk is already increased, such as at a grocery store.

The only good option for someone to control that extra risk emanating from someone that refuses to wear a mask in the grocery store is to leave or not go in the store.

So, you want to control other people's behavior through your behavior.

Back
Top Bottom