• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-gun nut with a camera harrass a guy that open carry.[W42;56]

I don't care about those people, paranoid people who get antsy because of a holstered weapon have a meaningless opinion in my eyes. The reason I don't like to open carry is prep for the unforeseen ambush scenario such as a couple of jackasses casing the area for an armed robbery, I don't want to be the first target if I am the only armed person there. I am not scared of death or injury but if I get taken out the rest have little to no chance left.

Don't worry you won't be the first target, you will be the reason the armed criminals moved to an easier target.

Don't worry you won't be the first target, you will be the reason the armed criminals moved to an easier target.
If that were their tactic it would be a dumb one, personally, and I will state I am not ever going to do this because it's not in my nature but tactically if I were to rob a place I would assess targets and angles before anyone knew they were targeted. First people I would take out would be those who could fight back, psychologically it would force the weaker ones to capitulate, and secondly if they didn't there wouldn't be anything they could do about it. I haven't heard a lot of gun banners or antis talking about that but tactically it makes all the sense in the world.

I don't think one form of carry is superior to the other but from a tactical perspective prefer CC unless I am using a large big bore.

I don't care about those people, paranoid people who get antsy because of a holstered weapon have a meaningless opinion in my eyes.

Well, there's a few caveats there...

One, many of those Nervous Nellies vote. That can be a problem.

Two, some of them own businesses. In some states you can post against open or concealed carry... and we don't want to give them an overt reason for doing so, as that's one less place where we're welcome.

Three, some of them might be our bosses. Don't want to give the boss a specific reason to ban guns from the office if they're not already.

Four, some of them might be people we care about... otherwise good people who are just unreasonably nervous when they see a gun, even if it is attached to someone they trust. Some people are like that. We may not want to put that on these folks in some cases, causing them to either be nervous in our presence or just avoid us entirely. Yes their fear is unreasonable, but so are many fears. I consider it a courtesy, just like not trying to get Uncle George who is terrified of spiders to hold your pet Tarantula. :) You may disagree, that's fine, I'm just saying I consider it polite and prudent not to frighten the silly geese unnecessarily.

The reason I don't like to open carry is prep for the unforeseen ambush scenario such as a couple of jackasses casing the area for an armed robbery, I don't want to be the first target if I am the only armed person there. I am not scared of death or injury but if I get taken out the rest have little to no chance left.

Yeah I'm with you on that.

Will violators get shipped to a "penile" colony?

Moderator's Warning:
Quoting mod boxes: not a good idea. Quoting mod boxes and then violating the mod box directives: Read rule 6a. This is a big no-no.

I don't know why the armed man even bothered to talk to this person. Or he could have insulted him in return, and dared him to meet anywhere, unarmed, if he wanted to do something about it.

I don't know why the armed man even bothered to talk to this person. Or he could have insulted him in return, and dared him to meet anywhere, unarmed, if he wanted to do something about it.

Tempting, but illegal. :D

We used to do this in high school. It's a lot like an old fashioned duel... I bring some friends and he brings some, to make sure nobody jumps in and there are no weapons. Fight it out and then it is done. Matter of honor.

Problem is the law doesn't recognize "honor" as a reason, and you can't trust men to act honorably anymore.

Best left to the youngsters. Prudent thing is to ignore the guy unless he violates your personal space.

Tempting, but illegal. :D

We used to do this in high school. It's a lot like an old fashioned duel... I bring some friends and he brings some, to make sure nobody jumps in and there are no weapons. Fight it out and then it is done. Matter of honor.

Problem is the law doesn't recognize "honor" as a reason, and you can't trust men to act honorably anymore.

Best left to the youngsters. Prudent thing is to ignore the guy unless he violates your personal space.

You're right, of course. But I am not always as prudent as I probably should be.

Wanted to get your guys reaction to this video. I open carry regularly and I have had two times where people have harassed my one them stating they wish they could poison me.

But that guy with the camera couldn't make me stop laughing from his stupidity.

Anti-2nd amendment loonies can be so idiotic at times. The name of the video should be anti-2nd amendment loony attempts to get Darwin award.

Let's see you have a gun and I don't. I approach you and harass for you guns. Who is dumber?

I always love the gun grabber argument that says a criminal going in to rob a store would see the open carry and attack that person first.

Just not gun grabbers but the Hardcore CC say they same thing from their high horses.

You're right, of course. But I am not always as prudent as I probably should be.

Yeah... me neither. :D

"old enough to know better, too young to care." :lamo

Just not gun grabbers but the Hardcore CC say they same thing from their high horses.

No, generally speaking they'll see the OC guy and go elsewhere... or wait until he leaves.

But once in a while, if they're desperate and/or stupid and overconfident, they might proceed... and it might be an issue.

I'll grant that is improbable and won't happen often, but it is true that sometimes armed security guards are targeted by criminals when they're "in the way".

Well, there's a few caveats there...

One, many of those Nervous Nellies vote. That can be a problem.

Two, some of them own businesses. In some states you can post against open or concealed carry... and we don't want to give them an overt reason for doing so, as that's one less place where we're welcome.

Three, some of them might be our bosses. Don't want to give the boss a specific reason to ban guns from the office if they're not already.

Four, some of them might be people we care about... otherwise good people who are just unreasonably nervous when they see a gun, even if it is attached to someone they trust. Some people are like that. We may not want to put that on these folks in some cases, causing them to either be nervous in our presence or just avoid us entirely. Yes their fear is unreasonable, but so are many fears. I consider it a courtesy, just like not trying to get Uncle George who is terrified of spiders to hold your pet Tarantula. :) You may disagree, that's fine, I'm just saying I consider it polite and prudent not to frighten the silly geese unnecessarily.

Yeah I'm with you on that.
I would agree with that caveat actually. The only ones that are meaningless are the ones that are strangers and overreacting, if they are family members, property owners, and the other factors you mention, yep, I can concede that point.

Wanted to get your guys reaction to this video. I open carry regularly and I have had two times where people have harassed my one them stating they wish they could poison me.

But that guy with the camera couldn't make me stop laughing from his stupidity.

This video is a fake.

This video is a fake.

as opposed to the VPC propaganda you tried to pass of as legitimate attack on law abiding people carrying concealed weapons? that video was so silly I was laughing all the way through it

I am in favor of the right, but personally I cant think of a reason why I would want to open carry, it just leads to BS like this.

I carry concealed. The only time I will carry openly will be when I am wearing a jacket which will cover any holster I will have.

I carry concealed. The only time I will carry openly will be when I am wearing a jacket which will cover any holster I will have.

that doesn't make sense Texmex

that doesn't make sense Texmex

I carry a small pistol because it is easily concealable. In the winter time I will be able to carry a larger pistol and still keep it concealed most of the time since it will be on the outside of my pants and shirt but under my jacket.

I carry a small pistol because it is easily concealable. In the winter time I will be able to carry a larger pistol and still keep it concealed most of the time since it will be on the outside of my pants and shirt but under my jacket.

I think you were saying you only carry openly when your jacket DOES NOT cover your holster. anyway I probably shouldn't have commented since I knew what you really meant

:shrug: Maybe. Got proof?

if someone believes a VPC created video actually has usefulness, I suggest you are being too hopeful

Back
Top Bottom