• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-gay marriage rallies as NY ceremonies begin

I seen nothing in there that showed any proof of any illegal activity to pass that law other than a claim by NYCF.

Of course the fact that it is or may be taken to court does not necessarily mean that it is illegal. It is just under review to see if it is/was passed illegally.

Not really if those arguements are used in the court room.

I don't see the federal goverment passing the law in NY...I did notice that the state government did....In anycase you are wrong here. The 10th Amendment is about powers. Not rights. However the 9th Amendment does pertain to rights. Read the difference...

Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Protecting rights is the responsibility of the federal government. Be it a right enumerated within the Constitution or not.

Prove that they did not pass the law legitimately please.

Rule 11 ftw :2wave:

So you're great at ignoring things that prove you wrong....gotcha. Good to know.

The dirty little secret is: everyone does. Everyone's a troll. Some just can't look themselves in the mirror.

Terrible argument.

Either I live a Christian lifestyle and you have just insulted me or dont and would not care.

I do in fact live my life by principles of a Christian lifestyle. I just disapprove of hypocrits who claim to love God but have so much hate in their hearts.

They bible and God dont hate gays. Men with weak minds use the bible to hate gays.

You willfully ignore scripture. You may as well ignore scripture about fornication and adultery.

"Wow, you ignored Critical Thought so blatantly that I am actually quite amazed..." - Bodhisattva

That's nuthin'!

Now watch me ignore you.

How can I watch you ignore me and not make a comment to me? :lol:

Look, child! You do not skim a few articles and dimsiss them because you don't like the sources. You examine them and debunk the argument. That's how adults do it!

Perhaps you would be more at home here!

And exactly who in the country-fried-hell are you to lecture me about me an American when you don't even know what in the hell you're talking about.

Grow-up, Scooter!

:lol:

I recently read an article about a guy who was riding his motorcycle in a parade to protest helmet laws; he crashed during that parade and died from a head wound that could have been prevented by wearing a helmet.

That is now the second most tragically ironic thing that I've read.

I have one better... I was in Yosemite on Sentinal Dome with my dad after a hike ten years ago or so and we looked over and noticed people jumping off of El Capitan. I saw 5 jumpers and only saw 4 parachutes. The fifth died when the parachute did not open and the person splatted on the rocks below.

The whole jump was a protest to show how safe base-jumping was.

I see you are on Baron... I am watching. Are you ignoring me?

How about now?

Now?

I'll keep watching and let you know when I see it. OK?

EDIT: You are gone. I missed it! Darn It !!

Last edited:
The dirty little secret is: everyone does. Everyone's a troll. Some just can't look themselves in the mirror.

How's that one part of that Allanis Morrisette song go?

I'm a little bit of everything all rolled into one
I'm a bitch I'm a lover
I'm a child I'm a mother
I'm a sinner I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between

I'm a bitch I'm a lover
I'm a child I'm a mother
I'm a sinner I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm nothing in between

I was just starting to respect you... and you go and do THIS!

What? It was meant to show that everyone has a little bit of everything in them. Basically I as agreeing with what Jerry said in that one post.

I think he's referring to the fact that you have memorized the lyrics to an Alanis Morrisette song.

But I could be wrong.

I think he's referring to the fact that you have memorized the lyrics to an Alanis Morrisette song.

But I could be wrong.

If so....oops....What can I say? What Jerry said just reminded me of it.

"Wow, you ignored Critical Thought so blatantly that I am actually quite amazed..." - Bodhisattva

That's nuthin'!

Now watch me ignore you.

Do I scare you so much you have to ignore me? Sweet! I love it when I am such a threat to an individual's world view that their only recourse is to close their mind off to anything I have to say. You can only separate the cowards from the men this way.

I am right and you are wrong and your precious Bible isn't doing a damn thing to change that fact. :)

Last edited:

I'm a bitch I'm a lover
I'm a child I'm a mother
I'm a sinner I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm nothing in between

Isn't there a rule on here about quoting an Allanis Morrisette song? If not there should be.

:yawn:​

How_to_butcher_a_chicken_-_get_plump_chickens.jpg

What? It was meant to show that everyone has a little bit of everything in them. Basically I as agreeing with what Jerry said in that one post.

Sarcasm. What sangha said... Allanis Morrisette? :lol:

Sarcasm. What sangha said... Allanis Morrisette? :lol:

I don't know much about the woman. I just like some of her songs. Most of the time I have to actually look up a song just to find out the name of who sang it. lol

I don't know much about the woman. I just like some of her songs. Most of the time I have to actually look up a song just to find out the name of who sang it. lol

I have heard her songs, of course, and she is good at lyrics...

It's nothing a simply Wiki can't tell you, so stop being so ****ing lazy:
Same-sex marriage in New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lawsuits are pending because the rules were broken to pass the bill. The law is illegitimate, regardless of whether one supports ssm or not.

All this talk of natural rights and what marriage has always been etc is fine academically, but irrelevant to this piece of legislation.

Yes, I personally oppose SSM, but overriding that opinion is the reality that marriage is a State issue as per the 10th Amendment as it's not 'specifically enumerated' in the Constitution. IMO if NY wants to allow SSM, that's their business. Marriage is a state issue, what they do in their house, is in their house. I wasn't planning on moving back to NY anyway, for unrelated reasons.

However, whatever NY decides to do regarding SSM, it needs to do legitimately. In this case, it did not, and that's the problem.

So when you said this was unconstitutional because people didn't vote on it, what you meant is that the bill was potentially invalid because of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the Constitution?

You willfully ignore scripture. You may as well ignore scripture about fornication and adultery.

So you claim 100% of all decisions you make are in compliance with scripture?

“I would love to see your studies that show..." - Redress

Waiting.

Back
Top Bottom