• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-Defamation League Declares Opposition to 'Ground Zero Mosque'

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I am probably the last person anyone expects to say this but this opposition to a mosque being built near ground zero is ****ing retarded.What next are we going to oppose catholic churches from being built bear a elementary schools just because a s mall tiny minority of catholic priest molested some kids? Maybe we can ban bars,liquore stores and booze because someone went drunk driving. These Muslims are not building a mosque to rub peoples noses in the 9-11 attacks.

Joseph Ward III: Anti-Defamation League Declares Opposition to 'Ground Zero Mosque'

In the latest development on the "Ground Zero mosque" debate, the influential Jewish Anti-Defamation League has now declared its opposition to the Islamic center, stating, "In our judgment, building an Islamic Center in the shadow of the World Trade Center will cause some victims more pain -- unnecessarily -- and that is not right." The ADL's full statement acknowledges that they are aware of the bigotry being displayed by many of the more vocal opponents of the center. They also believe Muslim leaders should have the right to build a center at this site. However, they are against construction because of the emotional sensitivity opponents have and are essentially choosing to suppress the rights of New York Muslim leaders.

Last edited:
They also believe Muslim leaders should have the right to build a center at this site. However, they are against construction because of the emotional sensitivity opponents have and are essentially choosing to suppress the rights of New York Muslim leaders.

Which, of course, ignores that this is not being built AT the site itself. Surely, if opponents want supporters to know all the facts, they should od the same, and check with city planning, etc to see where it is actually being planned, no? I'm undecided on this, but want ALL sides to at least have the damn facts on the matter, if you ask me.

I completely agree. I think it's also unconstitutional to bar the building of the Mosque. It violated freedom of religion and the rights to sovereign decisions on one's property. I do not want the government to have this type of power even if I believe building the Mosque there may not be the best decision.

I think the Jews are pissed because the Muslims already got to build a mosque, called the Dome of the Rock, where the temple in Israel used to be. This is probably just a little payback for the Muslims' sneakiness. But the one-upsmanship is about to get even worse. Jimmy Dean, who hates Muslims more than anyone else does, plans to build pork sausage factories next door to mosques. And illegal aliens are pooling their money so they can build a Taco Bell right next to the White House and the halls of Congress. :mrgreen:

IAnd illegal aliens are pooling their money so they can build a Taco Bell right next to the White House and the halls of Congress. :mrgreen:

Don't know if they can get zoning permits for that one.

Back
Top Bottom