• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-choicers: What is your plan for billions of unwanted babies?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
That is not a typo. If abortion was illegal except for maternal health emergencies, over 2 billion unwanted babies would be born in a country with 330 million people. That is in addition to all the unwanted kids who are homeless or on an adoption waiting list, including a huge number of babies, so it is never and never has been an option to solve the problem. Tell me your solution that does not involve putting babies in foster homes where they get bounced around from one family to another.

I think you numbers are grossly off. you are literally saying every single person in this country today would have had 6 abortions in their lifetime.

That is not a typo. If abortion was illegal except for maternal health emergencies, over 2 billion unwanted babies would be born in a country with 330 million people. That is in addition to all the unwanted kids who are homeless or on an adoption waiting list, including a huge number of babies, so it is never and never has been an option to solve the problem. Tell me your solution that does not involve putting babies in foster homes where they get bounced around from one family to another.
After birth it doesn't matter, if they die they die.

~Someone somewhere, probably.

I think you numbers are grossly off. You are literally saying every single person in this country today would have had 6 abortions in their lifetime.

One million unwanted babies born every year makes one billion unwanted babies in ten years. How many unwanted babies would be born every year if none of them were aborted?

If you can prove my numbers are wrong, go ahead. I will wait.

IMHO, the unborn are truly lucky.

They will escape what all human beings must face in their short time here on earth: illness, grief, injustice, & loneliness.

My No. 1 hero is Ms. Margaret Sanger who courageously fought for family planning, which -- of course -- is preferable to abortion.

But if family planning went awry, then abortion is the only solution.

??????? Yeah, babies are a pain when there are too many of them, so let's just kill them off, right ??? Read the poem, "Born Without a Chance", then come back and we can talk.....

??????? Yeah, babies are a pain when there are too many of them, so let's just kill them off, right ???
Nobody is killing off any babies.
Read the poem, "Born Without a Chance", then come back and we can talk.....
OK. I read it. Did you? It seems off topic.

One million unwanted babies born every year makes one billion unwanted babies in ten years. How many unwanted babies would be born every year if none of them were aborted?

How about 1 million * 10 = 10 million not one billion. Does that prove your numbers wrong?

1 million time 1000 years = 1 billion.

Is this a joke?

How about 1 million * 10 = 10 million not one billion. Does that prove your numbers wrong?

1 million time 1000 years = 1 billion.

Don't forget that 10 million per decade is followed by another 10 million, then another 10 million . . . It does not stop when the first one million babies are 10 years old.

1 million in 2022
1 million 1-year old kids plus 1 million infants = 2 million unwanted children in 2023
Now how many homeless kids would have accumulated in 10 or 100 years?

Last edited:
The OP is intended to strike fear and panic using hyperbole and hysteria.

There's no article, just a vivid imagination at work.

Anti choicers don't worry about that. The future is less people having to make do with less. That's what the planet will force on us.

Anti choicers don't worry about that. The future is less people having to make do with less. That's what the planet will force on us.

They have a moral obligation to care about every single unwanted baby and have a plan for his/her life from birth to dead as long as they oppose abortions,

My rule is if you don't care about the human being after birth, don't care at all about it before birth either. You can't have it both ways.

They have a moral obligation to care about every single unwanted baby and have a plan for his/her life from birth to dead as long as they oppose abortions,

My rule is if you don't care about the human being after birth, don't care at all about it before birth either. You can't have it both ways.
Anti choicers reject the notion of moral obligation to the future child. Their obligation is to their God, making sure that homicidal maniac up in the sky is happy. Jesus huffers like VySky make that perfectly clear

Anti choicers should be forced to watch "Children Underground" about the fate of unwanted children in Romania.

Anti choicers reject the notion of moral obligation to the future child. Their obligation is to their God, making sure that homicidal maniac up in the sky is happy. Jesus huffers like VySky make that perfectly clear

God gave everyone the obligation to care about every baby from birth to death. They cannot have a moral obligation to God without also having it to all of the unwanted babies.

Vy Sky is a Trump the Terrorist huffer and does not care about the Bible.

Don't forget that 10 million per decade is followed by another 10 million, then another 10 million . . . It does not stop when the first one million babies are 10 years old.

You claimed that ten years at a rate of one million a year would equal a billion, which was the justification for the "2 billion" claim you made in your OP, which you explicitly assured us was "not a typo".

1 million in 2022
1 million 1-year old kids plus 1 million infants = 2 million unwanted children in 2023
Now how many homeless kids would have accumulated in 10 or 100 years?

Well, for one, having a child you didn't want to have at the time =\= the kid becomes homeless. My oldest son came along when neither of us were ready or wanted to be parents, and we are consistently blown away by what a great kid he is; we've loved raising him.

Secondly, people tend not to be "kids" after 100 years of life, just as they tend not to be "babies" after the 2,000 years of life that would be needed at this highly-questionable constant-rate to build to the "2 Billion Babies" you told us to expect in the OP.

The planet is going to do no such thing - birthrates have already fallen and human population is set to peak in about 2050, after which it will begin to decline.

IMHO, the unborn are truly lucky.

They will escape what all human beings must face in their short time here on earth: illness, grief, injustice, & loneliness.

My No. 1 hero is Ms. Margaret Sanger who courageously fought for family planning, which -- of course -- is preferable to abortion.

But if family planning went awry, then abortion is the only solution.
Respectfully, I've noticed that all those who claim to believe that life is worse than death, when it comes to trying to justify killing children in the womb get strangely wobbly on their claims when applied to people who are older than the unborn, or people who they like, or themselves.

Do you guys feel at all gross talking about an unborn baby like some kind of virus that magically appeared in the mother’s body through no fault of her own?

Solve the african problem.

If you're not getting the connection, the clue is with my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom