• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anti-BDS Bill

phattonez

Catholic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Yesterday the Senate passed the anti-BDS bill 77-23. This is a bill where Israel gets $33 billion and organizations that support any boycotts of Israel lose their contracts. Imagine that kind of consent on anything! More than 75% of our senators voted to curtail first amendment rights.

At least Rand Paul was loudly against this bill. He's one of the few who has any decency.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/428572-senate-approves-syria-anti-bds-bill

Yesterday the Senate passed the anti-BDS bill 77-23. This is a bill where Israel gets $33 billion and organizations that support any boycotts of Israel lose their contracts. Imagine that kind of consent on anything! More than 75% of our senators voted to curtail first amendment rights.

At least Rand Paul was loudly against this bill. He's one of the few who has any decency.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/428572-senate-approves-syria-anti-bds-bill

Man, we could have like 5 Trump Walls for what we're spending here.

It's amazing how fiscal restraint goes out the window when we're talking about giving money to other countries.

It's amazing how fiscal restraint goes out the window when we're talking about giving money to other countries.

I'm not sure the last time government, R or D, had anything resembling fiscal restraint.

I come to the conclusion that when an elected official says "it costs to much", "What about the deficit" or "we don't have the money" that he or she is lying. Because when a politician especially a career politician says any of those lines its really code for I only care about money when its being spend on things I don't want.

Hopefully the house veto the bill.

I come to the conclusion that when an elected official says "it costs to much", "What about the deficit" or "we don't have the money" that he or she is lying. Because when a politician especially a career politician says any of those lines its really code for I only care about money when its being spend on things I don't want.

I would agree. Neither Republican nor Democrat are anything close to being fiscally responsible. Both parties are big spending, big deficit parties.

As it relates to this thread, punishing people for exercise of rights doesn't seem like proper use of force by our government itself. I think, regardless of how one may feel about the BDS movement, we shouldn't encourage even more government force against the free exercise of rights.

I would agree. Neither Republican nor Democrat are anything close to being fiscally responsible. Both parties are big spending, big deficit parties.

The difference is FOR DECADES the GOP constantly claims/lies they are the anti-deficit, fiscal conservative party, and unfortunately their base believes them.

We heard for 8 years from the GOP that the Obama Admin debt and deficits were going to be the ruination of this country, so the GOP takes over in 2017, and the debt and deficit is now worse.

Can't make this stuff up..

The money is a lot, but that’s not what bothers me the most about this bill.

The Israeli lobby owns both parties lock, stock and barrel.

The money is a lot, but that’s not what bothers me the most about this bill.

The Israeli lobby owns both parties lock, stock and barrel.

Sheldon Adelson or Michael Bloomberg? Which overlord do you prefer?

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Baldwin (D-WI), Nay
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Bennet (D-CO), Yea
Blackburn (R-TN), Yea
Blumenthal (D-CT), Yea
Blunt (R-MO), Yea
Booker (D-NJ), Nay
Boozman (R-AR), Yea
Braun (R-IN), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Nay
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Capito (R-WV), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Nay
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Cassidy (R-LA), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Coons (D-DE), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Cortez Masto (D-NV), Yea
Cotton (R-AR), Yea
Cramer (R-ND), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Cruz (R-TX), Yea
Daines (R-MT), Yea
Duckworth (D-IL), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Ernst (R-IA), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Fischer (R-NE), Yea
Gardner (R-CO), Yea
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Harris (D-CA), Nay
Hassan (D-NH), Yea
Hawley (R-MO), Yea
Heinrich (D-NM), Nay
Hirono (D-HI), Nay
Hoeven (R-ND), Yea
Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johnson (R-WI), Yea
Jones (D-AL), Yea
Kaine (D-VA), Nay
Kennedy (R-LA), Yea
King (I-ME), Yea
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Lankford (R-OK), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Lee (R-UT), Yea
Manchin (D-WV), Yea
Markey (D-MA), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
McSally (R-AZ), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Merkley (D-OR), Nay
Moran (R-KS), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murphy (D-CT), Nay
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Paul (R-KY), Nay
Perdue (R-GA), Yea
Peters (D-MI), Yea
Portman (R-OH), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Risch (R-ID), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Romney (R-UT), Yea
Rosen (D-NV), Yea
Rounds (R-SD), Yea
Rubio (R-FL), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Sasse (R-NE), Yea
Schatz (D-HI), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Scott (R-FL), Yea
Scott (R-SC), Yea
Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Sinema (D-AZ), Yea
Smith (D-MN), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Sullivan (R-AK), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Tillis (R-NC), Yea
Toomey (R-PA), Yea
Udall (D-NM), Nay
Van Hollen (D-MD), Nay
Warner (D-VA), Yea
Warren (D-MA), Nay
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea
Young (R-IN), Yea​

I'm disgusted with the GOP. They are AIPAC's lapdogs. When has the US Senate ever voted for draconian measures intended to punish average Americans for voicing their conscience about a foreign country? To all of you pro-Israel shills who read this thread and quietly tip toed out without saying something- shame on you.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/...fm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00016#name

Back
Top Bottom