• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Anti-authority behaviour or world domination?

Norwegian Cat

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I didn't know where to put this topic, but I think it fits great in Religion & Philosophy.

A great number of danes that convert to islam are under the age of 18. Investigators mean that the fact that they grow up with muslim "friends" and their anti-authority actitud is the cause.
Young danish (and most scandinavic) women convert to islam by marrying muslim men. Investigators also say that they might use islam as an protest against the authority, just like the 70's punks who wore nazi shirts, or the 80's radical communist groups, to stay as an oposition to the society and authority. Between 5 and 10 danes convert to islam each week.

islam-will-dominate.jpg

What's your opinion?

:lol:

So what you're saying is:

teenage angst + Islam = terrorism

Personally, I liked Columbine better. They had cooler coats.

Two interesting quotes which I think are relevant to your post:

Our knowledge of the historical worth of certain religious doctrines increases our respect for them, but does not invalidate our proposal that they should cease to be put forward as the reasons for the precepts of civilization. On the contrary! Those historical residues have helped us to view religious teachings, as it were, as neurotic relics, and we may now argue that the time has probably come, as it does in an analytic treatment, for replacing the effects of repression by the results of the rational operation of the intellect.

Sigmund Freud

Religion! How it dominates man’s mind, how it humiliates and degrades his soul. God is everything, man is nothing, says religion. But out of that nothing God has created a kingdom so despotic, so tyrannical, so cruel, so terribly exacting that naught but gloom and tears and blood have ruled the world since gods began.

Emma Goldman:shock:

No religion will ever "dominate" the world, no matter how appealing to the people nor how violent it is. The basic tenets of all religion prevent those who truly practice it's beliefs to come into that kind of power, and those who don't truly practice it's beliefs have far more important concerns than elevating the religion that carried them to power.

Back
Top Bottom