• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

anti-abortion

Fantasea said:
Embryologists, fetologists, obstetricians, geneticists, and similar medical and scientific experts agree that the occupant of a womb is a living, growing, developing, human child.
YOU ARE LYING
Proponents of abortion use every means possible in an attempt to de-humanize and, thereby de-value the occupant of a womb.
You are again lying.

More steen-isms..."deceptive." "dishonest,"

Oh...and BIG RED LETTERS are common too.

Fantasea said:
The average number of abortions in the US every year since 1973 is more than a million and a half.
You are lying.
Every abortion procedure stills a beating human heart.
A self-contractile muscle. So what?

Felicity said:
Smoking leads to "human" life, steen?
It can lead to tumors. Tumors are made up of live cells with unique DNA. Per the prolife requirements, that is "life" So yes, prolifers arguments mean that smoking leads to 'human life."
Don't start with the "liar, liar, pants on fire" nonsense...P.L.E.A.S.E......
Then don't lie, P.L.E.A.S.E.

steen said:
It can lead to tumors. Tumors are made up of live cells with unique DNA. Per the prolife requirements, that is "life" So yes, prolifers arguments mean that smoking leads to 'human life."
Then don't lie, P.L.E.A.S.E.

An embryo isn't a mutated cell.

Felicity said:
Steen said:
And acknowledging the possibility of an outcome is not consent to that outcome, unless you want to claim that the smoker consents to the lung cancer without seeking to have it removed. Even YOU will not be so dishonest, and hence, you are admitting your argument to be bogus from the get-go.
You are setting up a false dilemma.
Nope. There is no concent through action as long as contraception adn abortions exist. Your claim was false, regardless of your now spewed red herring.
The embryo's existance is due to the rapist's action.
Irrelevant to the use of the woman's body against her will.
If you deny the woman that treatment, then YOU are the one causing her that harm, the rapist isn't.
If the rapist hadn't raped...presumably it wouldn't be an issue.
And yet, if the rapist rapes, she can have an abortion. What stops that chain of events would be YOUR attempt at stopping her from obtaining an abortion, hence, her forced continued pregnancy would be because of YOU directly. YOU would then be responsible for her harm from continuing the pregnancy instead of obtaining an abortion.
Get some new words steen...the only one you didn't include here was "claptrap"--for heaven's sake "lying, misogyny, theocratic, blah, blah, blah....we get your point--
No you don't, because you keep spewing your lies, your hatemongering revisionist linguistic hyperbole. So obviously YOU are not getting it. As long as you lie, I will keep on calling you on your lies. You can chose to STOP LYING, which would be a relief for everybody. The choice is yours.
now SAY something meaningful.
Sure: "You lie a lot." That is very meaningful, because it shows that your arguments can't be taken serious per your outright dishonest, per your deliberate desire to spew false witness.
Your words lose there sting in the repetition. It just becomes...well...actually...it becomes kind of a gawker's spectacle....
Well, that is actually a fitting description of your incessant lies.

Felicity said:
More steen-isms..."deceptive." "dishonest,"

Oh...and BIG RED LETTERS are common too.
Yes, more observation of prolifers direct lies.

Oh, I get it. You feel prolifers should just be allowed to lie and not be called on it.:doh Yes, of course you feel that way.:roll:

hee...hee.....:lol:

"hatemongering revisionist linguistic hyperbole."

say it again, steen....:mrgreen:

Felicity said:
An embryo isn't a mutated cell.
But it is "life" as well as the mutated tumor cell is. So your pathetic denial merely further establishes your dishonesty.

prolifers sure are a dishonest bunch.

Felicity said:
hee...hee.....:lol:

"hatemongering revisionist linguistic hyperbole."

say it again, steen....:mrgreen:

What, out of arguments?

vergiss said:
What, out of arguments?
When there is no argument --that is when people resort to name-calling. Steen takes that fact to new heights! There is no argument (debate) when he slings his mud. All there is to do is laugh at him.

abortion should be illegal. the dad should have more say if he wants to take care of the kid, if he doesn't then the mother can decide, but she shouldn't have one any way, unless she and the baby were going to die.

Steen's personal hero must be Lyndon LaRouche.........

anyway, woman have gotten very selfish (believe i've said this sometime before) and they believe that their rights are above the man's. You have ****? So? I love ****, but it doesn't mean that i deserve to be put below the woman, it takes two to tango, and without the man, the baby would have never happened, therefore he should have half the say. But of course, no one thinks like me, so the world is a rotten place.

shakenbake19 said:

anyway, woman have gotten very selfish (believe i've said this sometime before) and they believe that their rights are above the man's. You have ****? So? I love ****, but it doesn't mean that i deserve to be put below the woman, it takes two to tango, and without the man, the baby would have never happened, therefore he should have half the say. But of course, no one thinks like me, so the world is a rotten place.

I'm trying to imagint what in the world the astericks represent (I'm thinking it begins with a "c"??)...but

I don't know about anything else you have said...but as a woman, I agree with what you state above (after the ****:3oops: ) (and I don't think the world is all that rotten...;) )

shakenbake19 said:

You wanna carry the child to term instead of the women, knock yourself out.

Felicity said:
I'm trying to imagint what in the world the astericks represent (I'm thinking it begins with a "c"??)...but

I don't know about anything else you have said...but as a woman, I agree with what you state above (after the ****:3oops: ) (and I don't think the world is all that rotten...;) )

hehe..... actually it wasnt that, it was t*its. I dont say the C word because i have respect for the woman that much.....

To kelzie, i know it's hard to carry a child, but you are exctly the kind of woman i am talking about, the kind of woman who thinks just because they actually carry the baby puts them in a higher position then the man. Guess what you are carrying? My sperm combined with your eggs, that's what. You chose to have the sex, so you should deal with what comes after it. If yur asking e if i would carry the baby, yes. But my voice doesnt matter, really. Because I'm a man and men have no voice over women. This is a basic fact of life i have come to realize. WAKE UP. We are all humans so treat men like one for once.

shakenbake19 said:
hehe..... actually it wasnt that, it was t*its. I dont say the C word because i have respect for the woman that much.....

To kelzie, i know it's hard to carry a child, but you are exctly the kind of woman i am talking about, the kind of woman who thinks just because they actually carry the baby puts them in a higher position then the man. Guess what you are carrying? My sperm combined with your eggs, that's what. You chose to have the sex, so you should deal with what comes after it. If yur asking e if i would carry the baby, yes. But my voice doesnt matter, really. Because I'm a man and men have no voice over women. This is a basic fact of life i have come to realize. WAKE UP. We are all humans so treat men like one for once.

You know nothing about me, so let's stop generalizing here. I treat men like humans. If they were the ones that had to sacrifice their own rights to have a child, I would still support abortion. You're trying to say that because I won't let a guy tell me what to do with MY body, I am somehow treating men as less than human? :screwy

The US constitution is based upon the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Clearly, life has precedence over "choice." A woman can easily give a baby up that she cannot take care for adoption. At least give the kid a shot at living. "Choice" is a euphemism for refusing to take responsibility for one's actions.

TimmyBoy said:
The US constitution is based upon the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Clearly, life has precedence over "choice." A woman can easily give a baby up that she cannot take care for adoption. At least give the kid a shot at living. "Choice" is a euphemism for refusing to take responsibility for one's actions.

And seeing that there is no proof as to when life begins, you have no point.

Kelzie said:
You know nothing about me, so let's stop generalizing here. I treat men like humans. If they were the ones that had to sacrifice their own rights to have a child, I would still support abortion. You're trying to say that because I won't let a guy tell me what to do with MY body, I am somehow treating men as less than human? :screwy

im sorry for generalizing you, that was a mistake. But my post still stands as truth. I' not saying the man should have the total control, im saying that they should have some say. Nowadays, if a girl gets pregnant and the guy even mentions abortion, his ass is fried. If he decides against abortion, his ass is fried. That is wrong, you have to admit. I'm just saying that if a girl wants abortion and the guy doesn't, there should be some kind of discussion about it, just not "its my body and i'll do what i want."

shakenbake19 said:
im sorry for generalizing you, that was a mistake. But my post still stands as truth. I' not saying the man should have the total control, im saying that they should have some say. Nowadays, if a girl gets pregnant and the guy even mentions abortion, his ass is fried. If he decides against abortion, his ass is fried. That is wrong, you have to admit. I'm just saying that if a girl wants abortion and the guy doesn't, there should be some kind of discussion about it, just not "its my body and i'll do what i want."

They can discuss as much as they want. In the end though, it is not his choice.

shakenbake19 said:

Ooooohhh. boobs--what's the big deal about boobs anyway!!!:mrgreen:

Elektra said:
Originally Posted by Fantasea
Embryologists, fetologists, obstetricians, geneticists, and similar medical and scientific experts agree that the occupant of a womb is a living, growing, developing, human child. Proponents of abortion use every means possible in an attempt to de-humanize and, thereby de-value the occupant of a womb.
You said it yourself.It is developing. And the decision whether it should continue to do so in order to become a full functioning human being is the woman's.
You have chosen to read my words in a manner not intended. Read them this way:

......living child ......growing child ......developing child .......human child.

Nothing therein indicates anything less than a full functioning human being since it is functioning exactly as a child in the womb should be functioning. When it is born, it will function as an infant, later as a toddler, later as a pre-schooler, later as an adolescent, later as a teen-ager, later as a young adult, and so forth through many stages of development until finally, it functions as an adult in old age. All of these functions, as well as many not named for the sake of brevity, are tied directly to specific developmental periods from conception until natural death many decades later.

Humanity is not defined by functionality but by the intrinsic condition or quality of being human.

Human life is absolute. It either exists or it does not exist; there are no periods of semi-human or quasi-human life, or some point after conception at which human life appears.

The notion that denies this is simply based upon the political need to devalue life in the womb. Devaluing life in the womb is the only way that abortion advocates justify abortion.

This is the sole argument which supports Roe v. Wade. Remove it and Roe collapses.
Originally posted by Fantasea
Upon what do you base your "consideration"?
Are you planning to answer this question?

vergiss said:
When I kill a mouse, I'm stilling a beating heart, too. Nice attempt with the sentiment, but try again.
First, don't let the P.E.T.A. folks catch you.

Second, the comment is, "Every abortion procedure stills a beating human heart." It would seem that you missed a key word in that comment.
Btw, Fantasea - actually, have a look in a med book. Even embryologists, OB-GYNs etc use the terms "embryo" and "foetus". Those words were invented and used by the medical and scientific community long before there was even an abortion debate.
That is correct. These terms were invented so that participants in discussions would easily understand the approximate age and developmental stage of the human child in the womb of its mother. It also invented terms to denote earlier and later stages of human life.

The stages begin at conception and continue until advanced old-age. How many can you name? For example, right now, you hover between pubescent and young adult.

Felicity said:
When there is no argument --that is when people resort to name-calling. Steen takes that fact to new heights! There is no argument (debate) when he slings his mud. All there is to do is laugh at him.
Really? So when you are exposed as a liar, then laughing at it is your defense? Almost as if you are proud of lying?

How odd, but certainly typical of prolifers.

Back
Top Bottom