• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

anti-abortion

shakenbake19 said:
Steen's personal hero must be Lyndon LaRouche.........
Why? Yours must be Nathaniel Bedfort Forrest....
anyway, woman have gotten very selfish (believe i've said this sometime before) and they believe that their rights are above the man's.
Their right to their own bodily resources? You bet. When were they ever NOT? When did the man have the right to her body? Oh, you are talking about her being enslaved, about her being second-class citizen! Now it all makes sense, that you believe the man has equal right to control her bodily resources.
You have ****? So? I love ****, but it doesn't mean that i deserve to be put below the woman, it takes two to tango, and without the man, the baby would have never happened, therefore he should have half the say. But of course, no one thinks like me, so the world is a rotten place.
Ah, you are upset that you don't have the right to control her body. Yes, isn't that just rotten?:doh

shakenbake19 said:
But my voice doesnt matter, really. Because I'm a man and men have no voice over women. This is a basic fact of life i have come to realize.
Well, there was a time when it was true. It was called slavery. Yes, I understand that prolifers like to impsoe slavery on women, taking control over their bodies. yes, I understand that you lament not having that kind of control over womens' bodies.

But frankly, aren't you even the slightest embarrassed and ashamed of expressing such a desire to enslave women?

TimmyBoy said:
The US constitution is based upon the principles of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Please demonstrate where in the US COnstitution this is written (Hint, it is not. You are talking about the Declaration of Independence, which is NOT law). Now, any other suggestions along that line?
Clearly, life has precedence over "choice." A woman can easily give a baby up that she cannot take care for adoption. At least give the kid a shot at living.
Clearly, life has precedence over "choice." You can easily give up your extra kidney to somebody dying from kidney failure. At least give the kidney patient a shot at living instead of chosing to keep your kidney.

"Choice" is a euphemism for refusing to take responsibility for one's actions.
Yes, why SHOULDN'T you be forced to give up your extra kidney? After all, your choice to keep your extra kidney is selfish, and the pateint's right to life should have precedence over your "choice," right?

Or were you lying?

Fantasea said:
Humanity is not defined by functionality but by the intrinsic condition or quality of being human.

Human life is absolute. It either exists or it does not exist; there are no periods of semi-human or quasi-human life, or some point after conception at which human life appears.
So any zygote is "human life," right?

Kelzie said:
And seeing that there is no proof as to when life begins, you have no point.
Perhaps you can tell us when it does not begin.

steen said:
Well, there was a time when it was true. It was called slavery. Yes, I understand that prolifers like to impsoe slavery on women, taking control over their bodies. yes, I understand that you lament not having that kind of control over womens' bodies.

But frankly, aren't you even the slightest embarrassed and ashamed of expressing such a desire to enslave women?
That's true. And as slavery went, so will go legal abortion.

steen said:
Originally Posted by Fantasea
Humanity is not defined by functionality but by the intrinsic condition or quality of being human.

Human life is absolute. It either exists or it does not exist; there are no periods of semi-human or quasi-human life, or some point after conception at which human life appears.

So any zygote is "human life," right?
With your stated knowledge of biology, you should know that when conception occurs, a new, distinct, human life is created. Without an interruption; accidental, natural, or intentional, this human life continues until death in old age.

steen said:
Really? So when you are exposed as a liar, then laughing at it is your defense? Almost as if you are proud of lying?

How odd, but certainly typical of prolifers.
Is there an argument in there? Or just more name-calling?

:lol: yup. just names...

Fantasea said:
Steen said:
Well, there was a time when it was true. It was called slavery. Yes, I understand that prolifers like to impose slavery on women, taking control over their bodies. yes, I understand that you lament not having that kind of control over womens' bodies.

That's true.
Glad we agree.
And as slavery went, so will go legal abortion.
That's a non-sequitor. You just agreed that slavery was like the prolife movement. Hence, the abandonment of slavery would be similar to the disappearance of the prolife movement. So your remark seems rather STUPID!

Fantasea said:
With your stated knowledge of biology, you should know that when conception occurs, a new, distinct, human life is created.
And sometimes, that conceptus is a hydatidiform mole. So once again are you calling the hydatidiform mole "a new, distinct, human life." Yes, your claim is still idiotic.
Without an interruption; accidental, natural, or intentional, this human life continues until death in old age.
Not if it is a hydatidiform mole. You are lying. You yourself pointed out that the hydatidiform mole will never develope into a child or anything else. So here you are outright making up lies that you KNOW are lies. Shame on you for being so dishonest.

Felicity said:
Is there an argument in there? Or just more name-calling?

:lol: yup. just names...
A factual observation of you being a liar is not name-calling, it is factual observation.

steen said:
Glad we agree.
That's a non-sequitor. You just agreed that slavery was like the prolife movement. Hence, the abandonment of slavery would be similar to the disappearance of the prolife movement. So your remark seems rather STUPID!
You read funny.

steen said:
And sometimes, that conceptus is a hydatidiform mole. So once again are you calling the hydatidiform mole "a new, distinct, human life." Yes, your claim is still idiotic.
Not if it is a hydatidiform mole. You are lying. You yourself pointed out that the hydatidiform mole will never develope into a child or anything else. So here you are outright making up lies that you KNOW are lies. Shame on you for being so dishonest.
Still stuck on moles, I see.

Fantasea said:
Still stuck on moles, I see.
Still stuck on cowardly avoiding biological evidence against your lies, I see.

Holy MOLEY!

A complete mole is NOT a distinct human life... (per "empty" ovum and two male sperm penetrating it)

A partial mole IS. (per genetic contribution from mom AND dad--only the conceptus has radical chromosomal abnormalities that are not consistent with proper development)

Complete mole--not human.
Partial mole--human.

Felicity said:
Holy MOLEY!

A complete mole is NOT a distinct human life... (per "empty" ovum and two male sperm penetrating it)
It is conceived normally, and it contains human DNA. That is exactly the requirement that prolifers have set up for something to be human life. Per the prolife definition, it is human life. YOU ARE LYING :)roll: as usual, obviosuly).
A partial mole IS. (per genetic contribution from mom AND dad--only the conceptus has radical chromosomal abnormalities that are not consistent with proper development)
I am fascinated by this claim. You obviously have never seen a Partial Hydatidiform Mole:
http://www.moondragon.org/images/partialhydatidiformmole.jpg
http://www.md.huji.ac.il/mirror/webpath/PLAC071.jpg

Yes, obviously you claim these blobs of tissue to be "human" as in a being, an individual, a person. After all, conception was "normal," right?

Sheesh, prolifers are dumb.

steen said:
It is conceived normally, and it contains human DNA. That is exactly the requirement that prolifers have set up for something to be human life. Per the prolife definition, it is human life. YOU ARE LYING :)roll: as usual, obviosuly).

Hey Doc...normal conception involves healthy gametes...empty ovum can do its job.

I am fascinated by this claim. You obviously have never seen a Partial Hydatidiform Mole:

Yes, obviously you claim these blobs of tissue to be "human" as in a being, an individual, a person. After all, conception was "normal," right?
What it "looks like"....really???? THAT's your basis? Hope you never are called to treat any burn victims....

If you haven't figured it out yet, steen, your names don't sting....:2wave:

Felicity said:
Hey Doc...normal conception involves healthy gametes...empty ovum can do its job.
Normal conception involves the merging of gametes. Your silly attempt at redefining conception to not include such products of conceptions as hydatidiform moles merely underscores your stark, outright dishonesty; it shows how willing you are to outright lie to make your argument.
What it "looks like"....really????
Well, you claimed that the Partial Hydatidiform Mole somehow was merely a deformed "baby." Reality, of course is that your claim is stupid, that you are full of ****. Now, again, you claimed that these pictures show "a distinct human life."

I don't need to convince you, as you lie anyway, and thus don't have an honest moment in your life. But it helps others to see HOW MUCH you lie. In case people missed it, here are those pictures of partial hydatidiform moles again, the ones you claim are human beings:

If you haven't figured it out yet, steen, your names don't sting....:2wave:
But I HAVE figured out yet that prolifers are DUMB. That is merely a confirmation of what I already know.

Back
Top Bottom