• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anthoney Weiner, the gift that keeps on giving

My first reaction to him was positive but after a while, whenever he said 9/9/9 I started to flinch. By the time he left in disgrace, I truly had a lifetime full.

I like Jon Huntsman a lot but he has no shot.

You can't elect anybody that will change the tax code other than giving out breaks or screwing someone. The entire tax code is a million pages of favors that have been traded. What President ever mentioned the tax code other than asking for more taxes or cutting brackets? Surely you are all starting to realize that your government has lots of sneaky **** going on - its always been there. I'm not sure if you could elect even Ron Paul that the tax code would change (except the brackets).

So, how about a respectable moderate and take it one step at a time? It would be good for the Rs and OK for America. Who was the "squishy moderate"?

Unfortunately I gotta agree with you. Well the unfortunate part isn't that I agree with you, it's that the tax code will never change.

One of my coworkers was going on at length about the beauty of the flat tax a couple of days ago. Until I pointed out that the tax code is one of the government's prime means of social engineering. No way those in power will ever give that tool up.

I think it goes a lot further than social engineering. Even our most recognized "anti-social engineers are in on the cash cow. It has more to do with money than it does with society.

The Flat Tax is an unworkable concept. There's nothing wrong with progressive taxation as long as its clear and rational. Regrettably, it's become the opposite of that. There are too many special benefits hidden in the complexity. A 3 or 4 tier progressive tax would be a few pages long but then where do you hide the exceptions?

Unfortunately I gotta agree with you. Well the unfortunate part isn't that I agree with you, it's that the tax code will never change.

One of my coworkers was going on at length about the beauty of the flat tax a couple of days ago. Until I pointed out that the tax code is one of the government's prime means of social engineering. No way those in power will ever give that tool up.

Back
Top Bottom