• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ANSWERS TO ATHEIST NONSENSE

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'm tried of seeing the same old arguments or rebuttals being given by some atheists in the forum.
Many keep regurgitating the same thing, even when it has already been responded to.
Kinda like they think, repetition will eventually - miraculously - reveal a different answer!

Mind you - there are also some novel ones, or new ones, we see every now and then.

Inspired by John Rennie's "Scientific Amerucan's 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense," here are some of the nonsense that we usually find in discussions and forums from atheists.

Note: this thread is devoted only to atheists nonsense claims, arguments and rebuttals.

Here they are:

Who created God?

Answer: The question outright reveals the ignorance of the atheist regarding the Christian doctrine.
The Bible states that God has always existed. He is not a creation.

Atheists believe in just one less god than Christians.

Answer:
So, what are you saying then? You're not an atheist! 😁

Your text that has undergone multiple edits and revisions during the past couple thousand years. Why is YOUR book any more reliable than the sacred texts of other beliefs?

Answer:

What other religious book has been thoroughly analyzed and discussed?

Can you cite an ancient book other than the Bible that has so many descriptions in it that has been reaffirmed by science?
Like these?

These are some of the factual truths found in the Bible - as reaffirmed by modern science.

Superiority over beasts - #21, #31
Dominion over and stewardship of all creation - #89
Hydrological Cycle - #70
Description of destruction of Sodom consistent with archeological findings - #71

Stretching Universe - #111
The biblical curse on the snake - #133
The human body - #134
Genesis creation narrative in the right order. - #180 (thanks to Patriotic Voter); #182and #183
Springs in the ocean - #288
The universe has a beginning – the Big bang - #342
One land. One ocean. - #349

Pathfinder of The Seas (Matthew Maury) - #527
SPECIES - #621

Where Did The Great Flood Water Go? - #622
WIND and the WATER CYCLE - #622
Ark Specification - #649

Physical Laws are Constant - #671
Singing Stars - #750
Orion and Arcturus - #751

Natural Laws - #944

Infant Earth (Psalm 104) - #947
"It Should never be moved" - FOUNDATIONS (Psalm 104) - #953, #955, #957, #958 (Elora), #962, #967, #991, #999, #1000, #1004, #1008, #1012, #1014
FOUNDATIONS (plural form) Psalm 104 - #982
Invisible Axis - #994

Infant Earth – #1,071
Noah's Flood and Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (videos) - #1,072, 1,073

Dinosaurs In The Bible (video) - #1,075

Theory: Criminal Law, part of Human Nature (made into the image of God) – #1,091

NUTRITION (Fruits and Veggies) - #1,094
Science was created by GOD (had stopped backing atheism and pointing back to God, article) - #1,097
On MANY FLOOD and CREATION stories - #1,100, 1,119, 1,127,

The recesses of the deep (Job 38 and Psalm 107) - #1,238, 1,239

Apollo 8 Genesis Book-reading - #1,247, 1,249, #1,251

When The Morning Stars Sang Together - `#1,252

Traced: Lost Tribe of Israel In Africa - #1,253
Traced: The Ashkenazi Jews - #1,254
Traced: American Indians Linked To Askenazi Jews – 1,255

You would first need to prove the existence of a creator, in order to begin to posit that this creator created everything.

Answer:
We have the evidence for an intelligent creator/designer!
COMPLEXITY AND ORDER - both observable and analyzed - are EVIDENCE being given to the intelligent creator!

You're the one who's supposed to prove the existence of this so-called............................. "common ancestor!"
WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE?

What a profound display of ignorance regarding evolution. Your apparent lack of understanding of common descent.
Or that you think macro evolution means fish becoming apes and such.

Answer:
bottom line - you guys say we all came from the same ancestor.........................right?
Isn't this the accurate meaning of common descent?
Yes, or no.

Darwin’s theory of common descent is a basic theory in modern biology which states that different species of living organisms can ultimately be traced to a single common ancestor.

Ultimately, at least in theory, it leads to the conclusion that all forms of life-bacteria, fungi, plants, and animals-can be traced back to a single universal common ancestor.

There is no evidence for God’s existence.

Answer:
We have many evidence - corroborating evidences.
From creation around us (complexity and order - which can only be by Design), to the Bible, and milions of personal testimonies all over the world, throughout history.

Starting with the idea of ‘evidence,’ what exactly does one mean by evidence? What is sufficient evidence for one person is often not sufficient evidence for another.

A court of law provides innumerable examples of how two parties can possess the same collection of data, the same power of logic and reasoning, yet argue for completely different interpretations of the data.
The old saying is true: the facts do not determine the argument, the argument determines the facts.

asking a Christian to prove God’s existence is like asking someone to prove the existence of civilization. What is one to do but point and say, “look, there’s a chair, and there’s a building,” etc.
How can one prove civilization by merely selecting a piece here and a piece there as sufficient proofs rather than having an experience of civilization as a whole?

For the Christian who believes in a transcendent God, he can offer no such evidence; to produce material evidence for God is, ironically, to disprove a transcendent God and cast out faith.

The second part of the line is equally short-sighted.
What does one mean by ‘existence’? If one means, ‘that which has come into existence,’ then surely God does not exist because God never came into existence.

He always was; He is eternal.

You're just asking to have your ass whipped again. Why can't you just rest easy knowing that some people are wrong?

You'll never admit you are wrong. So why should atheists do the same?

You're just asking to have your ass whipped again. Why can't you just rest easy knowing that some people are wrong?

You'll never admit you are wrong. So why should atheists do the same?

NONSENSE! :)

See what I mean? Why we need a thread like this? 😁
I say - keep em lips flapping! Keep talking!

Anyway - you should mind your own business.

Well, since the OP posted her title in capital letters, I don't want her to feel ignored, so here I am - an atheist.

There sure is a lot of anger being displayed here. I don't get it. If you believe something, WHY would it be SO important that you get others to believe what you believe and furthermore, get THIS angry when they don't?

So, some folks back in ancient times wrote a book claiming there is a God, and that is good enough for you? Ok, fair enough. I don't buy it. I think believing in fairy tales is nonsense, but if you are a convinced, then you are convinced and I am not going to go into some sort of tirade to unconvince you.

BUT......... if you are SO sure of your conviction, why the rant? Why does it matter to you that we atheists don't believe? Or another way of phrasing the question: WHY are you so defensive about your beliefs?

I'm tried of seeing the same old arguments or rebuttals being given by some atheists in the forum.
Many keep regurgitating the same thing, even when it has already been responded to.
I agree to an extent, but it is the same old responses that get regurgitated too, with the same old flaws and follow-ups which haven't been addressed.

DESIGN needs a designer proven to exist first.

Answer:

WRONG!
That would be like you saying.................................. we need to prove the existence of a cook first, when you found a table laden with cooked dishes but no person around.
.............................or prove a cobbler exists first, when you found pairs of shoes but no person(s) around.
............................or, a watchmaker first, when you found Rolex but no persons around.

FACT: Complexity and Order are established scientific facts!

"Scientists, like many others, are touched with awe at the order and complexity of nature." - National Academy of Sciences

Examples of Fine-tuning:

Just stand back and let her ramble guys, don't engage. She isn't doing this because she wants to convince atheists, she does this day in and day out because her faith is weak and she's trying to convince herself.

Every single one of your arguments is ridiculous and based on fallacious logic. When people try to explain this, you stick your fingers in your ears and shout whatever you were going to shout anyway.

Well, since the OP posted her title in capital letters, I don't want her to feel ignored, so here I am - an atheist.

There sure is a lot of anger being displayed here. I don't get it. If you believe something, WHY would it be SO important that you get others to believe what you believe and furthermore, get THIS angry when they don't?

So, some folks back in ancient times wrote a book claiming there is a God, and that is good enough for you? Ok, fair enough. I don't buy it. I think believing in fairy tales is nonsense, but if you are a convinced, then you are convinced and I am not going to go into some sort of tirade to unconvince you.

BUT......... if you are SO sure of your conviction, why the rant? Why does it matter to you that we atheists don't believe? Or another way of phrasing the question: WHY are you so defensive about your beliefs?
It upsets her because when others reject her faith it makes her faith weaker and she desperately needs validation. Christians who are confident in their beliefs don't have a need to do this.

Just stand back and let her ramble guys, don't engage. She isn't doing this because she wants to convince atheists, she does this day in and day out because her faith is weak and she's trying to convince herself.

Every single one of your arguments is ridiculous and based on fallacious logic. When people try to explain this, you stick your fingers in your ears and shout whatever you were going to shout anyway.

It upsets her because when others reject her faith it makes her faith weaker and she desperately needs validation. Christians who are confident in their beliefs don't have a need to do this.
Good point.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I agree to an extent, but it is the same old responses that get regurgitated too, with the same old flaws and follow-ups which haven't been addressed.

Lol - maybe you need to create a thread for theists as well.

Kinda like they think, repetition will eventually - miraculously - reveal a different answer!

Mind you - there are also some novel ones, or new ones, we see every now and then.

Inspired by John Rennie's "Scientific Amerucan's 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense," here are some of the nonsense that we usually find in discussions and forums from atheists.

Note: this thread is devoted only to atheists nonsense claims, arguments and rebuttals.

Here they are:

Who created God?

Answer: The question outright reveals the ignorance of the atheist regarding the Christian doctrine.
The Bible states that God has always existed. He is not a creation.

Atheists believe in just one less god than Christians.

Answer:
So, what are you saying then? You're not an atheist! 😁

Your text that has undergone multiple edits and revisions during the past couple thousand years. Why is YOUR book any more reliable than the sacred texts of other beliefs?

Answer:

What other religious book has been thoroughly analyzed and discussed?

Can you cite an ancient book other than the Bible that has so many descriptions in it that has been reaffirmed by science?
Like these?

These are some of the factual truths found in the Bible - as reaffirmed by modern science.

Superiority over beasts - #21, #31
Dominion over and stewardship of all creation - #89
Hydrological Cycle - #70
Description of destruction of Sodom consistent with archeological findings - #71

Stretching Universe - #111
The biblical curse on the snake - #133
The human body - #134
Genesis creation narrative in the right order. - #180 (thanks to Patriotic Voter); #182and #183
Springs in the ocean - #288
The universe has a beginning – the Big bang - #342
One land. One ocean. - #349

Pathfinder of The Seas (Matthew Maury) - #527
SPECIES - #621

Where Did The Great Flood Water Go? - #622
WIND and the WATER CYCLE - #622
Ark Specification - #649

Physical Laws are Constant - #671
Singing Stars - #750
Orion and Arcturus - #751

Natural Laws - #944

Infant Earth (Psalm 104) - #947
"It Should never be moved" - FOUNDATIONS (Psalm 104) - #953, #955, #957, #958 (Elora), #962, #967, #991, #999, #1000, #1004, #1008, #1012, #1014
FOUNDATIONS (plural form) Psalm 104 - #982
Invisible Axis - #994

Infant Earth – #1,071
Noah's Flood and Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (videos) - #1,072, 1,073

Dinosaurs In The Bible (video) - #1,075

Theory: Criminal Law, part of Human Nature (made into the image of God) – #1,091

NUTRITION (Fruits and Veggies) - #1,094
Science was created by GOD (had stopped backing atheism and pointing back to God, article) - #1,097
On MANY FLOOD and CREATION stories - #1,100, 1,119, 1,127,

The recesses of the deep (Job 38 and Psalm 107) - #1,238, 1,239

Apollo 8 Genesis Book-reading - #1,247, 1,249, #1,251

When The Morning Stars Sang Together - `#1,252

Traced: Lost Tribe of Israel In Africa - #1,253
Traced: The Ashkenazi Jews - #1,254
Traced: American Indians Linked To Askenazi Jews – 1,255

You would first need to prove the existence of a creator, in order to begin to posit that this creator created everything.

Answer:
We have the evidence for an intelligent creator/designer!
COMPLEXITY AND ORDER - both observable and analyzed - are EVIDENCE being given to the intelligent creator!

You're the one who's supposed to prove the existence of this so-called............................. "common ancestor!"
WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE?
Once the bible is cited as a reference the entire thing can be dismissed

And yet......here you are, reading and responding.

You're also trying to manipulate others to NOT ENGAGE with me.

You think just because there is no response, I'd go away?
Frankly speaking, I'd rather you didn't respond and clutter up this thread. Please.
I'd rather no one responds if they aren't going to contribute anything sensible or substantive.
As for me - I have the prerogative to pick and choose what silly response I'd waste my time on.
Thus, voila - I'm responding to you. :)

Anyway...................

What are you so afraid of?

I do think people often preach out of insecurity.

And yet......here you are, reading and responding.

You're also trying to manipulate others to NOT ENGAGE with me.

You think just because there is no response, I'd go away?
Frankly speaking, I'd rather you didn't respond and clutter up this thread. Please.
I'd rather no one responds if they aren't going to contribute anything sensible or substantive.
As for me - I have the prerogative to pick and choose what silly response I'd waste my time on.
Thus, voila - I'm responding to you. :)

Anyway...................

What are you so afraid of?
You believe in 1 god, I believe in 0 gods, yet you tried to label the statement "you have only 1 more god than me" as false and indicative of me not being an atheist.

It's these ridiculous, fallacious arguments that you make and refuse to discuss that make it impossible to reason with you. You lie about stuff like this because actually considering the arguments we make will shake your unstable faith.

You believe in 1 god, I believe in 0 gods,

Right.

yet you tried to label the statement "you have only 1 more god than me" as false and indicative of me not being an atheist.

Do the math!

Btw - were you among those who had used that argument?

I've encountered that argument way back!
It's a ................................................stupid argument!

It's open to pun!

It's these ridiculous, fallacious arguments that you make and refuse to discuss that make it impossible to reason with you. You lie about stuff like this because actually considering the arguments we make will shake your unstable faith.

My advise: you reap what you sow.

Don't make any ridiculous claim............otherwise, you'll find that it's likely to come back to bite you. 😁

Right.

Do the math!

Btw - were you among those who had used that argument?

I've encountered that argument way back!
It's a stupid argument!

My advise: you reap what you sow.

Don't make any ridiculous claim............otherwise, you'll find that it's likely to come back to bite you. 😁
See? You ignored everything I said and refused to even address it. What did I say that was incorrect? You have 1 god, I have 0.

1 - 0 = 1. Is that math hard for you?

Where's the lie? Stop being ****ing dishonest.

You believe in 1 god, I believe in 0 gods, yet you tried to label the statement "you have only 1 more god than me" as false and indicative of me not being an atheist.

That statement had stemmed from this stupid comment:

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen F, Roberts.

Let's use our critical thinking here:
Just because I don't believe in other gods (except) my GOD - that doesn't make me an atheist! 😁

Read my lips:
Rejection of other gods does not make an atheist - UNLESS you REJECT ALL GOD(S)!

@SNOWFLAKE yeah I ****ed up. She trolled me into responding when she had no intention of discussing anything. How ****ing dishonest does someone have to be that she can't even admit she believes in 1 god and I in 0? Pathetic.
All she has are denials and emojis

it's a matter of faith, not winning a debate. you cant use science and logic to prove.
you have to feel God's love and you do that by accepting the messages from Jesus

The Savior said: “I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness” (Ether 12:28). The first principle of the gospel is not just “faith,” but “faith in the Lord Jesus Christ” (Article of Faith 4).

The three symbols capture the essence of life. The cross for faith, anchor for hope and the heart for love or charity.

@SNOWFLAKE yeah I ****ed up. She trolled me into responding

Lol - so I forced you into responding! Hahahaha
It's someone's fault - eh?

You're saying - it's my fault that you responded.
That, I knocked down your resolve..................................... and, made you break your own admonition to others: to ignore me.
I made you respond.
It didn't take much, either! :)

Hmmmmm......thanks for the compliment.

I didn't realize, I'm that effective. 😁

when she had no intention of discussing anything. How ****ing dishonest does someone have to be that she can't even admit she believes in 1 god and I in 0? Pathetic.

Lol - I've more than just responded.
I've explained!

Back
Top Bottom