• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another WIN for gun control...

Chase Morgan

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Keep THE HEAT on gun-huggin' losers... (y)

So does this mean they will start categorizing sales from stores such as Walmart? After all, Walmart might not be predominantly a gun shop but you can get guns at most Walmart locations throughout the country.

Glad you are feeling rosy today. It must be tough being anti-gun when the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is being strengthened at the Federal level. 😥

For me, I stopped using credit cards for my gun purchases 20+ years ago.

So does this mean they will start categorizing sales from stores such as Walmart? After all, Walmart might not be predominantly a gun shop but you can get guns at most Walmart locations throughout the country.

I see this as targeting dedicated gun shops and drive wary gun and ammo consumer business to the big box stores like Bass Pro or Cabelas or Academy where firearm and ammunition purchases are a small segment of daily receipts.

How exactly will this code identify "suspicious" purchases of firearms and ammo from the mass of credit card transactions from a store that also sells fishing tackle or camping gear or golf clubs?

It’s stupid to use a credit card to buy a gun in the first place.

Why?

I use credit cards to buy nearly everything.

For groceries and gasoline I use AmEx Blue cash back and get 6% back on food and 3% back on gas.

For regular purchases on everything else I use my bank's 1.8% cash back card.

Then I use the cash back to buy ammo!

Why?

I use credit cards to buy nearly everything.

For groceries and gasoline I use AmEx Blue cash back and get 6% back on food and 3% back on gas.

For regular purchases on everything else I use my bank's 1.8% cash back card.

Then I use the cash back to buy ammo!

I see this as targeting dedicated gun shops and drive wary gun and ammo consumer business to the big box stores like Bass Pro or Cabelas or Academy where firearm and ammunition purchases are a small segment of daily receipts.

How exactly will this code identify "suspicious" purchases of firearms and ammo from the mass of credit card transactions from a store that also sells fishing tackle or camping gear or golf clubs?
That's what I was wondering, will stores such as Cabela's be listed as gun shops for the purpose of recording transactions at such stores when credit cards are used? Cabela's is famous for selling guns but they sell so much more then just guns. And at Cabela's they've even got a Cabela's Master Card where you can get points which can be spent on Cabela's merchandise including guns.

And????????

Like I said, anyone who does not want to be singled out for gun and ammo purchases will avoid firearm specific retailers and just make their purchase where gun and ammo purchases are diluted with other goods.

As constituted now these codes will not distinguish gun and ammo sales from the general sales of an FFL; the code is assigned to the retailer for all transactions.

Even at a retailer that focuses on the shooting sports, this code will not be able to distinguish between the purchase of a big Amsec safe or a Daniel Defense DDM4, an Eotech holosight, 25 LCM's and a few cases of 5.56.

That's what I was wondering, will stores such as Cabela's be listed as gun shops for the purpose of recording transactions at such stores when credit cards are used? Cabela's is famous for selling guns but they sell so much more then just guns. And at Cabela's they've even got a Cabela's Master Card where you can get points which can be spent on Cabela's merchandise including guns.
"Gun rights advocates argue that tracking sales at gun stores would unfairly target legal gun purchases, since merchant codes just track the type of merchant where the credit or debit card is used, not the actual items purchased. A sale of a gun safe, worth thousands of dollars and an item considered part of responsible gun ownership, could be seen as a just a large purchase at a gun shop."​

So when will the credit card company's start monitoring your alcoholic purchases?

Spend more than you should and the cops show up at your door and take your car keys? This is not going to end well.

Credit card co. playing a law enforcement role?

So someone buys firearms passes the state and federal background checks and if they spend more than the anti-gun ass holes think they should have spent they get harrassed by the government?

WTF is wrong with people?

Giant corporations doing the government's dirty work. What's the name of that ideology again? I think it begins with an f...
The Biden adminstration!
They do the same thing getting social media companies to censor conservative speech. Biden seems to have a fascist streak .

And????????

Like I said, anyone who does not want to be singled out for gun and ammo purchases will avoid firearm specific retailers and just make their purchase where gun and ammo purchases are diluted with other goods.

I am pretty sure firearm specific stores have more choices in what to buy that say a Wal-Mart, general sporting goods store or some other store where firearm purchases can be deluted with other goods. PLus what is stop one these large retailers from pulling a Dicks sporting goods move and simply stop selling other types of firearms because they are trying to appease anti-2nd amendment trash? So you have to go to a store that mostly just sells firearms to get what you want.
As constituted now these codes will not distinguish gun and ammo sales from the general sales of an FFL; the code is assigned to the retailer for all transactions.

Even at a retailer that focuses on the shooting sports, this code will not be able to distinguish between the purchase of a big Amsec safe or a Daniel Defense DDM4, an Eotech holosight, 25 LCM's and a few cases of 5.56.

As stated in the video the goal of using the codes isn't just to track what you buy, but also to flag and stop you from purchasing guns. Anti-2nd amendment trash use baby steps to accomplish their goals. So they will piss bitch and moan how the codes do not distinguish from the gun and ammo sales of general sales of an FFL and preasure the credit card companies for more specific sales.

It’s stupid to use a credit card to buy a gun in the first place.

Why of course it is. You want to hide such activity.

We need a national register for owners purchases. We need licensing fees, insurance obligations as well.

I have never bought a single firearm from a gun store or through anyone holding an FFL, and I've both bought and sold firearms for 58 years. Also, wouldn't someone who paid cash or bought their firearms using another method besides their Visa card defeat the purpose? So it is really nothing more than a publicity stunt by the mental midget morons at Visa. :rolleyes:

Typical leftist "woke" cancel-culture nonsense, as usual. Once again demonstrating just how incredibly stupid leftist filth truly are.

What are they going to do with this information?
They are going to sell it obviously. That is what businesses have to do to stay in business, make a profit. They wouldn't be the first either.

You don't think your grocery store is not selling your purchase information to product advertisers every time you use your grocery-store discount card? That is the downside to all electronic purchases, everything you buy can be, and is being, tracked by someone for some reason. The only way to keep your purchases completely anonymous is to pay for them in cash or some other non-traceable currency.

Last edited:
They are going to sell it obviously. That is what businesses have to do to stay in business, make a profit.

No, I'm asking for the gun control zealots' specific theory on how this information would make anyone safer.

No, I'm asking for the gun control zealots' specific theory on how this information would make anyone safer.
Safety has never been a concern of the anti-gun crowd. Their only interest is to ban all privately owned firearms, and they don't really care how they accomplish that. Failing an out-right ban they want gun owners to be continually harassed and infringed upon at every opportunity.

I am pretty sure firearm specific stores have more choices in what to buy that say a Wal-Mart, general sporting goods store or some other store where firearm purchases can be deluted with other goods. PLus what is stop one these large retailers from pulling a Dicks sporting goods move and simply stop selling other types of firearms because they are trying to appease anti-2nd amendment trash?
Cabela's and Bass Pro have a huge selection of different firearms to purchase as well as tons of other types of merchandise, thus they're not strictly gun stores, and I doubt they would go the route of Dick's.

So they will piss bitch and moan how the codes do not distinguish from the gun and ammo sales of general sales of an FFL and preasure the credit card companies for more specific sales.
Then people will just stop using credit cards to purchase guns, and will use checks or cash.

Back
Top Bottom