• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another viewpoint on Martin Luther King

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
With friends like these… Another viewpoint on Martin Luther King​

By Michael D. Shaw
8/29/13

Dr. Ben Carson, professor emeritus of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University, is the latest would-be superstar for establishment conservatives. The good doctor gained immediate fame by coming out against gay marriage, in defiance of Obama. Black, accomplished, outspoken, and conservative–what’s not to like?

Quite a bit actually, but for starters, take a look at his recent column entitled “I have a dream, 50 years later.” Regrettably, it will probably be another 100 years before we are able to discuss the real Martin Luther King, Jr. in polite society. Still, Carson is either astonishingly ignorant, or more likely gelded to come up with such whoppers as…

“Although I believe King would be very concerned for all parties in these tragedies [the consequences of being born out of wedlock], his energies would be primarily channeled into an attempt to give these young women the kind of self-esteem that would preclude their yielding to the charms of individuals who really don’t care about them and are only interested in their selfish pleasures.”

Are you kidding me? Even the most ardent admirers of King acknowledge that he took advantage of his groupies, to the tune of two or three per night.

And then there’s this one…

“Perhaps the biggest disappointment for King would be...

(Excerpt)

Read more:
With friends like these... « Coach is Right

Of course Dr. Carson was supposedly invited to speak at the MLK Anniversary Rally. But did not appear. BTW I have a few bridges for sale at below reasonable prices. As long as Black Americans are successful and speak out against the Progressive plantation they will be shunned and be made out to be pariahs.

So, reject the Civil Rights Act because it allowed black people to be whiny and self-serving?

Racist trash like this shouldn't be seen.

This reminds me of the "The Truth About MLK" forum on Stormfront.

So, reject the Civil Rights Act because it allowed black people to be whiny and self-serving?

Racist trash like this shouldn't be seen.

If speaking out against the Progressive Plantation designed "to keep black people in their place" is wrong, what is right? Do you really think that African Americans are satisfied with what is happening to their children, the destruction of the Black family, the lack of education of their young, not to mention the massive unemployment. Sure there's finger pointing. Who has been in power of the legislature and the Executive branches of this government for the last six (6) years? It's easy to blame the other party when you're in the seat of power.

The article is troubling, biased, ridiculous, need I go on?

If speaking out against the Progressive Plantation designed "to keep black people in their place" is wrong, what is right? Do you really think that African Americans are satisfied with what is happening to their children, the destruction of the Black family, the lack of education of their young, not to mention the massive unemployment. Sure there's finger pointing. Who has been in power of the legislature and the Executive branches of this government for the last six (6) years? It's easy to blame the other party when you're in the seat of power.

Is the author actually discussing those issues? I sure didn't see that in there, did you? Instead it was about MLK banging people and black people being whiners for wanting legal equality.

The article didn't say anything about any of that. In fact it attacked Ben Carson for speaking out against some of those things. It also attacked MLK and the Civil Rights Act. Nothing at all about the problems you mention.

Is the author actually discussing those issues? I sure didn't see that in there, did you? Instead it was about MLK banging people and black people being whiners for wanting legal equality.

Oh, now that I've spoken up and show the truth you relate back to the author. Usually you shoot the messenger.

Oh, now that I've spoken up and show the truth you relate back to the author. Usually you shoot the messenger.

Of course I am going to talk about the author. You were the one who put his writing up for us to see, yes? I attack it in its entirety.

You go off topic and I state that was not in the author's submission.

This is not really complicated.

Of course I am going to talk about the author. You were the one who put his writing up for us to see, yes? I attack it in its entirety.

You go off topic and I state that was not in the author's submission.

This is not really complicated.

"“Perhaps the biggest disappointment for King would be the wholesale adoption of a victim mentality that makes people feel that they are entitled to being cared for by others rather than working tirelessly to create wealth and opportunities for their progeny.”

Back
Top Bottom