• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Trump associate about to go to jail...

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Does anyone notice a trend?

Federal prosecutors are preparing to charge longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy in connection with efforts to influence the U.S. government on behalf of foreign interests, according to people familiar with the matter, a result of a sprawling, years-long investigation that involved a figure who helped raise millions for Donald Trump’s election and the Republican Party.

Broidy is under scrutiny for his alleged role in a campaign to persuade high-level Trump administration officials to drop an investigation of Malaysian government corruption, as well as for his attempt to push for the extradition of an outspoken Chinese dissident back to his home country, according to the people, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...aff4fa-ea16-11ea-970a-64c73a1c2392_story.html

Federal prosecutors are preparing to charge longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy in connection with efforts to influence the U.S. government on behalf of foreign interests, according to people familiar with the matter, a result of a sprawling, years-long investigation that involved a figure who helped raise millions for Donald Trump’s election and the Republican Party.

Broidy is under scrutiny for his alleged role in a campaign to persuade high-level Trump administration officials to drop an investigation of Malaysian government corruption, as well as for his attempt to push for the extradition of an outspoken Chinese dissident back to his home country, according to the people, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...aff4fa-ea16-11ea-970a-64c73a1c2392_story.html

What Broidy does is the President's responsibility ?
That's quite a stretch !

Ef3-p31X0AEL48p.jpg

I suppose you could say that.

I've noticed a trend that the Feds only go after Republicans. Hillary's wiping and smashing all her and her staff's electronic devices when she left office was reason enough to charge her with felony tampering.

Yes, but it's been going on before Trump even got elected: the DAs of the Eastern and Southern District of NY are "investigating" every non-politician associated with Trump.

See the reason in my signature line.

This is the district of Hawaii... try again...

This is the district of Hawaii... try again...

All "investigations" into any private citizens associated with Trump are started in NY.

July 8, 2019 - NEW YORK (AP) — A federal grand jury in New York is investigating top Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy, examining whether he used his position as vice chair of President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee to drum up business deals with foreign leaders, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press and people familiar with the matter.

A wide-ranging subpoena the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn recently sent to Trump’s inaugural committee seeks records relating to 20 individuals and businesses. All have connections to Broidy, his investment and defense contracting firms, and foreign officials he pursued deals with — including the current president of Angola and two politicians in Romania. ...

AP: Federal grand jury probing GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy

That's quite a stretch !

No one said that.

trump taking the corrupt money, trump admin setting policy as the criminal wants for his money, that's trump's fault.

That's quite a stretch !

So they are in no way connected?

We know Trump's response. It will be the same as it always has been even way back in the 80s and 90s when during investigations, grand jury hearings, arrests of people in Trump's close orbit - Trump: "I don't even know the guy. I might have met him or something but if I did I don't remember. I never had anything to do with the guy."

What we do know about Broidy is that he is a slimeball with a history of bribing public officials. We know he raised millions for Trump's campaign. Broidy is the quintessential swamp dweller your man Trump promised to get rid of.

What I don't know is how deeply Broidy and Trump may have been involved in, known about and/or connected to each other in questionable or illegal acts. You apparetly know that Trump's skirts are clean as far as Broidy is concerned. How do you know that? Have you been involved in the investigations?

All "investigations" into any private citizens associated with Trump are started in NY.

July 8, 2019 - NEW YORK (AP) — A federal grand jury in New York is investigating top Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy, examining whether he used his position as vice chair of President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee to drum up business deals with foreign leaders, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press and people familiar with the matter.

A wide-ranging subpoena the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn recently sent to Trump’s inaugural committee seeks records relating to 20 individuals and businesses. All have connections to Broidy, his investment and defense contracting firms, and foreign officials he pursued deals with — including the current president of Angola and two politicians in Romania. ...

AP: Federal grand jury probing GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy

You are correct... The Hawaii district is where Nickie Mali Lum Davis plead guilty...

According to admissions made in connection with her plea, Lum Davis admitted that, between March 2017 and January 2018, she and others — including a prominent official of a national political party with ties to the administration — agreed to lobby the President of the United States, the Attorney General, and other high level officials in the administration and the Justice Department to drop civil forfeiture proceedings and a criminal investigation into the embezzlement of billions of dollars from 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), a strategic investment and development company wholly owned by the Government of Malaysia.

Hawaii Businesswoman Pleads Guilty to Facilitating Back-Channel Lobbying Campaign to Drop 1MDB Investigation and Remove a Foreign National to China | OPA | Department of Justice

Ice Tea, the gangster rapper, said "Trump has more homies in prison than I do."

And that's no lie.

So they are in no way connected?

We know Trump's response. It will be the same as it always has been even way back in the 80s and 90s when during investigations, grand jury hearings, arrests of people in Trump's close orbit - Trump: "I don't even know the guy. I might have met him or something but if I did I don't remember. I never had anything to do with the guy."

What we do know about Broidy is that he is a slimeball with a history of bribing public officials. We know he raised millions for Trump's campaign. Broidy is the quintessential swamp dweller your man Trump promised to get rid of.

What I don't know is how deeply Broidy and Trump may have been involved in, known about and/or connected to each other in questionable or illegal acts. You apparetly know that Trump's skirts are clean as far as Broidy is concerned. How do you know that? Have you been involved in the investigations?

According to admissions made in connection with her plea, Lum Davis admitted that, between March 2017 and January 2018, she and others — including a prominent official of a national political party with ties to the administration — agreed to lobby the President of the United States, the Attorney General, and other high level officials in the administration and the Justice Department to drop civil forfeiture proceedings and a criminal investigation into the embezzlement of billions of dollars from 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), a strategic investment and development company wholly owned by the Government of Malaysia.

Hawaii Businesswoman Pleads Guilty to Facilitating Back-Channel Lobbying Campaign to Drop 1MDB Investigation and Remove a Foreign National to China | OPA | Department of Justice

I've noticed a trend that the Feds only go after Republicans. Hillary's wiping and smashing all her and her staff's electronic devices when she left office was reason enough to charge her with felony tampering.

Maybe because in these two cases, there was only evidence of criminal activity in one of them. Especially considering that the Feds were dominated by Republicans in both cases. If Republicans are throwing Republican politicians in prison, it's a pretty good sign that they are criminals. If Republicans are not throwing Democrat politicians in prison, it's a pretty good sign that they aren't criminals.

I'm guessing Republicans are prosecuted more often because of bias in the lower level justice department. The so-called Deep State if you will.

Ef3-p31X0AEL48p.jpg

I suppose you could say that.

That doesn't include the Giulian thugs.

We haven't seen this many criminals around a president since Richard Nixon.

And he said he was going to clean up Washington? LOL. People are so gullible.

I'm guessing Republicans are prosecuted more often because of bias in the lower level justice department. The so-called Deep State if you will.

It's Trump's justice department. He hand picked the person in charge. Is it Trump's fault that all these arrests are happening? Did he pick someone to run a department that is now out of control?

No, its because they are the corrupt ones breaking the law...

Ah, Elliot Broidy's name re-appears in the news. It's been a while since we learned that Michael Cohen only had three clients; Trump, Elliot Broidy and Sean Hannity.

Michael Cohen negotiated for Broidy to pay $1.6 million for the pregnant Playboy Playmate Shera Bichard's abortion and silence. The settlement was falsely characterized at the time as a personal injury settlement. But the story gets even better.

'Four days after after the raid on Cohen’s office, on April 13, The Wall Street Journal published a story claiming that this David Dennison, in the NDA signed by Shera Bechard, was none other than Elliott Broidy — despite its being precisely the same pseudonym Trump had used in the Stormy Daniels NDA.' There is speculation that it was Donald Trump's baby that Shera Bechard aborted.

More Evidence That Broidy Was Covering for Trump in Affair

Elliot Broidy has had his hands in all sorts of dirty dealings and made billions thanks to Donald Trump's contacts with the Saudis.

Elliott Broidy - Wikipedia

In March 2018, The Wall Street Journal reported that Broidy had been in negotiations to earn tens of millions of dollars by lobbying the U.S. Justice Department to drop its investigation into a multibillion-dollar graft scandal involving a Malaysian state investment fund, 1MDB, according to emails reviewed by the Journal. One email showed a proposal that would have given Broidy and his wife $75 million if they got the Justice Department to drop its probe into 1MDB.

There's so much dirt and corruption within the Trump organized syndicate, that it's going to take years to uncover it all.

Maybe you’re just bad at recognizing crime when it actually happens.

Isn't it just a bit strange though, how there hasn't been a single associate of Hillary Clinton that was investigated, indicted and found guilty of any crimes or spying for Russia? Weird, huh?

Did these same lower level justice department officials handle the Hillary case?

Did these same lower level justice department officials handle the Hillary case?

Yes they did and no charges were filed. That's my point.

Back
Top Bottom