• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another SJW Hoax

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Social Justice Warrior hoaxing is having a heyday. Whether you’re a multi-racial family surreptitiously spray-painting your own home with racist graffiti, a lesbian waitress writing fake anti-gay notes on receipts, an overweight teen falsely claiming a store clerk called you fat, or an activist sending yourself hateful tweets, never has the time been better to advance your cause using a bit of fakery.

Fake is pretty much the only thing we get from social justice warriors these days. Apparently there's a shortage of injustice and oppression such that they have to make stuff up. Sure, there's lots of homophobic bigotry in the world, but what good is it if you're not the noble victim at the center of the story?

5 Tips For A Successful Social Justice Warrior Cake Hoax

Whole Foods: We?re suing the gay activist who claimed we sold him a cake with a slur written on it ? and we have video « Hot Air

Whole Foods isn't a credible villain. Sure, their kombucha and Buddhist magazines are a bit overpriced, but it's hard to believe that their Austin (!) location is a hotbed of cartoonish bigotry.

Like Dan Rather, this guy was tripped up by what he didn't know. Apparently cake inscribing technique is precise and exacting, and experts were able to spot the fake instantaneously, among other things.

Fake is pretty much the only thing we get from social justice warriors these days. Apparently there's a shortage of injustice and oppression such that they have to make stuff up. Sure, there's lots of homophobic bigotry in the world, but what good is it if you're not the noble victim at the center of the story?

5 Tips For A Successful Social Justice Warrior Cake Hoax

Whole Foods: We?re suing the gay activist who claimed we sold him a cake with a slur written on it ? and we have video « Hot Air

Whole Foods isn't a credible villain. Sure, their kombucha and Buddhist magazines are a bit overpriced, but it's hard to believe that their Austin (!) location is a hotbed of cartoonish bigotry.

Like Dan Rather, this guy was tripped up by what he didn't know. Apparently cake inscribing technique is precise and exacting, and experts were able to spot the fake instantaneously, among other things.

This was all the talk in the local media hear yesterday.

I still haven't figured the angle. What could this guy possibly hope to accomplish?

Was he looking to trash religion and anti_Gay sentiment at the same time or just looking for an easy payday? :doh

I still haven't figured the angle. What could this guy possibly hope to accomplish?

Was he looking to trash religion and anti_Gay sentiment at the same time or just looking for an easy payday? :doh

15 minutes of fame, 15 minutes of advertising for his church, and 15 bucks.

He was looking for attention and money. He has suffered.

Court doc filed 4-18 here: Pastor Jordan Brown: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

From the same source, Brown's attorney says Brown is "overwhelmed by the feelings of pain, anguish, and humiliation because of this incident. He frequently shopped at Whole Foods, which makes this all the more shocking and disappointing. What really concerns him is knowing that unless some action is taken, this kind of thing could happen again, and that someone else might have to go through a similarly excruciating experience.”

From the OP's first link:

#1 Pick A Believable Villain

If you’re a gay black progressive in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods is not a credible villain for your cake hoax passion play. Have some common sense. Whole Foods is known for selling overpriced kombucha, locally sourced quail eggs, and Buddhist magazines. It’s just not believable that their Dallas locations are a hotbed of cartoonish bigotry, much less Austin. 5 Tips For A Successful Social Justice Warrior Cake Hoax

Some people say that homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Personally, I don't know. I tend to think it has a lot to do with genetic makeup more than choice but.....
The more things like this that happen, the more it statistically points towards those people that say it as being correct.

Some people say that homosexuality is a mental disorder.
Personally, I don't know. I tend to think it has a lot to do with genetic makeup more than choice but.....
The more things like this that happen, the more it statistically points towards those people that say it as being correct.
It's not a mental disorder. If it was it would be included in the DSM.

There have always been people who thrive on the attention that comes with being a victim. People who pretend to be the victim of bigotry. A lady pretending her boyfriend died in Iraq. The cop who vandalized his own car. And we all know people who may not fake injustice and bad fortune but certainly relish the pitty that comes with it.

The Internet has just given these people a larger platform and, sometimes, the ability to monetize their story. I'm always suspicious of this stuff now, which is unfortunate because sometimes it is real.

What is odd about this story is the chosen target, Whole Foods, I can't think of a place less
likely to ether have an employee engage in that sort of stupidity, or tolerate it.

There have always been people who thrive on the attention that comes with being a victim. People who pretend to be the victim of bigotry. A lady pretending her boyfriend died in Iraq. The cop who vandalized his own car. And we all know people who may not fake injustice and bad fortune but certainly relish the pitty that comes with it.

The Internet has just given these people a larger platform and, sometimes, the ability to monetize their story. I'm always suspicious of this stuff now, which is unfortunate because sometimes it is real.

Bingo. A hyped up and bogus story is a lot easier to broadcast now that anyone can post anything on the internet and find an audience of gullible believers to help spread it around.

The internet is a great tool for communication, but people need to realize that a lot of what is being communicated is false and not be quite so ready to believe anything that the see there.

What is odd about this story is the chosen target, Whole Foods, I can't think of a place less
likely to ether have an employee engage in that sort of stupidity, or tolerate it.

Everyonne who works there is an oddball of some sort of another. No way they did it.

Everyonne who works there is an oddball of some sort of another. No way they did it.
That is what I was thinking, they were offended because I asked if they had non organic apples.
An off color joke would likely be enough to get someone banned from the store.

Well, a crock is a crock. I'm glad the guy is being called out for it.

What's troubling is that this instance of hoaxing is now going to be used as yet another ridiculous slippery slope approach to discredit all social activism as being self-created.

The college campus SJWs deserve all the criticism they're getting but it's really unfortunate that the real activism, and the disenfranchised people who really need it, are being overlooked by these media blitzes. The media never talks about the real problems, just superficial crap to keep the public polarized and sufficiently useless.

That is what I was thinking, they were offended because I asked if they had non organic apples.
An off color joke would likely be enough to get someone banned from the store.

I'm not sure what a non organic apple is. Maybe an inorganic one, the sort that is made of plaster and meant to serve as a decoration rather than as food.

I've never had much use for inorganic food myself.

Seems to me there's some desire on the part of these jerks to present themselves as victims, and to do so publicly to garner as,much sympathy as possible. Good for Whole Foods for standing up against this nonsense and suing this loser.

So wait. if something is ****ed up in some ones head, you are saying it can't be considered a mental disorder if other humans didn't write it in the book? (not saying the gays are ****ed up in the head, just asking the question(

So wait. if something is ****ed up in some ones head, you are saying it can't be considered a mental disorder if other humans didn't write it in the book? (not saying the gays are ****ed up in the head, just asking the question(
No, that's not what i'm saying at all. I'm saying that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

He had a lawyer from the get go, so I'm voting for the easy payday. That and the fake virtue of being the noble victim who speaks out in protest. There's not enough oppression in being gay these days, I guess.

He had a lawyer from the get go, so I'm voting for the easy payday. That and the fake virtue of being the noble victim who speaks out in protest. There's not enough oppression in being gay these days, I guess.

If Louis Farrakhan and his ilk can make money by being black, I suppose it's time for a few gays to make money by being gay.

That's an interesting argument. So was it a mental disorder when it was included on the DSM?

I think you are conflating "mental disorder" with "something that is listed as a mental disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders by the American Psychiatric Association".

Back
Top Bottom