• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another sign of the decline of civilization in the USA

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
You all probably saw the story yesterday about a group of bikers terrorizing a family on the Henry Hudson Parkway in NYC yesterday but now the mother of one of the bikers is having her say -

"This man with a Range Rover and luxury lifestyle — it's OK for him to do something to someone because he rides a bike or has tattoos?" she said.

You think the driver is at fault? Let me tell you something, sweetheart, your precious little hoodlum got EXACTLY what he deserved! This group of thugs your boy was running with were terrorizing a young man and his family. How the hell would you feel if a gang of 50 or more bikers tried to stop you in the middle of the freeway? Would you fear for your life and that of your toddler and wife?

The driver in that Range Rover, no matter what his income, had every right to be scared of your kid and his crew and he did EXACTLY what he should have in getting the hell out of there. It's not his fault that your kid decided to play road guard.

Un-freaking-believable.

How about a little "I'm sorry that I raised a punk who ran with a bunch of other punks who get their rocks off by terrorizing citizens and while it breaks my heart that my kid got hurt I also understand that it was his decision that put him in the position that caused all of this."

1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News

You all probably saw the story yesterday about a group of bikers terrorizing a family on the Henry Hudson Parkway in NYC yesterday but now the mother of one of the bikers is having her say -

You think the driver is at fault? Let me tell you something, sweetheart, your precious little hoodlum got EXACTLY what he deserved! This group of thugs your boy was running with were terrorizing a young man and his family. How the hell would you feel if a gang of 50 or more bikers tried to stop you in the middle of the freeway? Would you fear for your life and that of your toddler and wife?

The driver in that Range Rover, no matter what his income, had every right to be scared of your kid and his crew and he did EXACTLY what he should have in getting the hell out of there. It's not his fault that your kid decided to play road guard.

Un-freaking-believable.

How about a little "I'm sorry that I raised a punk who ran with a bunch of other punks who get their rocks off by terrorizing citizens and while it breaks my heart that my kid got hurt I also understand that it was his decision that put him in the position that caused all of this."

aaawww shad-up.....this country had 400 years of slavery ...if that wasn't un-civilized ...I don't know what is.

Nothing to see here folks .....move along....yawn.:coffeepap

I side with the Range Rover driver bikers definitely count as a threat. What was he supposed to do just sit there?

I side with the Range Rover driver bikers definitely count as a threat. What was he supposed to do just sit there?

When they first stopped him they started beating on the vehicle and, according to reports, slashed his tires.

I don't think many Americans will have that much sympathy for the mother.

It's pretty standard for criminals parents and family to declare the innocence of their little monsters. Silly, sure, but common practice.

The Range Rover driver handled things rather well under the circumstances. If it happened to me (although my car is small it's still bigger than a motorcycle), I would have killed as many as I could without being too obvious. Obviously, this was a gentler man than I am.

Not understanding about the comment from thinkforyoursel ,
.this country had 400 years of slavery
what has that got to do with anything?

I can see both sides.

#1 As a motorcyclist, I absolutely cannot stand these children and their little crotch-rockets, and the inflated egos they provide. If they actually DID start this whole thing, then yeah...I don't have a problem with the guy escaping the situation, even if these punks tried to block his way.

#2. If the punks didn't start it, and the guy acted irrationally, then yeah...go ahead and trash his car.

I don't think we know the whole story, anyway. Something's amiss.

I can see both sides.

#1 As a motorcyclist, I absolutely cannot stand these children and their little crotch-rockets, and the inflated egos they provide. If they actually DID start this whole thing, then yeah...I don't have a problem with the guy escaping the situation, even if these punks tried to block his way.

#2. If the punks didn't start it, and the guy acted irrationally, then yeah...go ahead and trash his car.

"Go ahead and trash his car." You're part of the problem.

"Go ahead and trash his car." You're part of the problem.

Didn't mean "harm the occupants" or "wreck the thing beyond repair." They guy mowed people down. He clearly had no regard for anyone's safety but himself.

The trashing of the car is not justified really under any circumstance, so those guys should go to jail. The issue I have is with the beginning part of the video. Before the car tapped the biker and then I guess ran over him, it didn't look like either party was really doing anything wrong until the car tapped the biker.

The gang attacked him and his family. The artical said that the gang had boxed in the vehicle took off their helmets and struck the vehicle repeatedly putting dents in the vehicle then slashing tires.

They attacked this family. They are likely a street gang. Lord knows their ultimate goal rob them, rape the woman and the girl.

I would have done exactly the same thing.

The guy on the motorcycle "brake checked" the guy in the SUV. Meaning he drove in front of the SUV and then hit the brakes hard. D-Bag move by a d-bag.

The trashing of the car is not justified really under any circumstance, so those guys should go to jail. The issue I have is with the beginning part of the video. Before the car tapped the biker and then I guess ran over him, it didn't look like either party was really doing anything wrong until the car tapped the biker.

Didn't mean "harm the occupants" or "wreck the thing beyond repair." They guy mowed people down. He clearly had no regard for anyone's safety but himself.

Bingo. His own safety, with his wife and child in the car, when he is brought to a halt and surrounded by a dozen or more bikers -- the only thing he SHOULD be concerned with is his own safety. He obviously stopped (if you watched the video), but when the bikers stopped and surrounded him? He did exactly what any sane person would have done. He got the hell outa' Dodge. Too bad he ran over somebody; but that guy was part of a pack attacking him.

Damned if you pull out your licensed gun and shoot 'em -- damned if you try to run away. Bull****. That one guy who slowed down in front of him was absolutely wrong. Those bikers should all be put in jail.

The video shows one of the bikes brake checking the SUV.

The video shows one of the bikes brake checking the SUV.

I saw that, but I also watched the video minimized because I was doing something else. In the minimized few I couldn't see the bikers hitting the car, only the car running the guy over. Lesson to learn: Never watched videos in a minimized view.

I can see both sides.

There's video. Bikers clearly in the wrong, got off better than they deserved.

One of them was trying to smash in the rear window where his child was seated. **** em.

Pity he didn't kill the lot of them, IMO.

Would have improved the human race by some tiny decimal fraction, and made his city a little safer too.

Pity he didn't kill the lot of them, IMO.

Would have improved the human race by some tiny decimal fraction, and made his city a little safer too.

Normally I would roll my eyes at your comment here; but if it had been me? I would have been scared to death. We've all seen these bikers riding in packs, weaving in and out of traffic as they try to get their amusement park ride on their Harley. Even if the guy showed his "displeasure" in one way or another to this group of thugs, they were absolutely wrong to intimidate him and start a road rage attack, which is exactly what this was. They were attacking him. One and all of them. The fact that the guy who was run over had STOPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE shows he was part of the attack.

Had I been armed when I was pinned in traffic (as he was) and they started breaking my car windows? There'd be body bags at the scene.

A group of bikers surrounded the vehicle - after hitting it with helmets and trying to slash the tires to stop the Rover - and then one pulled in front of him trying to force him to stop, while surrounded by bikers trying to stop him including those attacking the Rover - ie attacking them.

Run him over. If you are driving down the road and someone jumps in front of your car aggressively to try to force you to stop - don't. Avoid the person if you can, but don't stop. With bikers all around him there and that biker directly at his front bumper on the biker's action, it is the biker's fault. This is quite simple to understand.

Normally I would roll my eyes at your comment here; but if it had been me? I would have been scared to death. We've all seen these bikers riding in packs, weaving in and out of traffic as they try to get their amusement park ride on their Harley. Even if the guy showed his "displeasure" in one way or another to this group of thugs, they were absolutely wrong to intimidate him and start a road rage attack, which is exactly what this was. They were attacking him. One and all of them. The fact that the guy who was run over had STOPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE shows he was part of the attack.

Had I been armed when I was pinned in traffic (as he was) and they started breaking my car windows? There'd be body bags at the scene.

When you've seen the aftermath of as many of these sorts of assaults that DIDN'T turn out even as well as this one did... you really start to lose any sympathy for the scumbags. When you've known how many of these scumbags just go on and on getting away with stuff, it is hard not to start thinking that it would be better if they were all killed in the act.

In reality I am normally a rather gentle person, but threats to family or children turns me into a red eyed monster.

Being in NY the bikers could be confident those in the vehicle were unarmed. The result? Not only feeling free to do what they did, but no way for the driver to defend himself from his face and body being slashed.

The driver did make a mistake and that is when he was stopped by cars in front of him, bikers behind him, and a biker who ultimately slashed his face and body smashing the windows, he should have put the Rover into 4 wheel drive, in reverse and floored it. It could like have easily backed over the bikers boxing him in from behind - thus giving him manuvering room.
But that I mean if he then threw the steering wheel to one side or the other and floored it, it could have done donuts sending the other bikers flying including the one that wanted to knife him. A Rover is a fairly heavy and powerful vehicle well suited for 4x4ing over crotch rockets.

The driver and everyone in that car should bring a huge civil suit against every biker involved. Sue the bastards. The city should also sue them for all the police, ambulance, law enforcement and court expenses. Oh, and absolutely take away their driver's licenses.

I seen that cowardly act last night on a video that went viral.

I have seen these idiots in action and my opinion is they deserved what they got. They should count their blessings it wasn't me in that Rover. I would have accidentally run over about half a dozen of them. Additionally while the rest where trying to stop me the second time I would have swerved into them at speed. If they wanted to follow me to the Police Station They would be welcome to do so, but as long as they are trying to box me in I am going to use the truck and it's weight to my advantage.

These guys like to ride in big packs and stop traffic on the interstate and put on shows and shoot video's. Not knowing the whole story I bet they were attempting to do this and the guy bumped into one of them. All these idiots did was give law abiding bikers a bad name.

As far as the biker who is critical all I can say is actions have consequences.

watched the video, dont know the whole story but IMO it seems the people bikes got off easy. VERY easy.

Bingo. His own safety, with his wife and child in the car, when he is brought to a halt and surrounded by a dozen or more bikers -- the only thing he SHOULD be concerned with is his own safety. He obviously stopped (if you watched the video), but when the bikers stopped and surrounded him? He did exactly what any sane person would have done. He got the hell outa' Dodge. Too bad he ran over somebody; but that guy was part of a pack attacking him.

Damned if you pull out your licensed gun and shoot 'em -- damned if you try to run away. Bull****. That one guy who slowed down in front of him was absolutely wrong. Those bikers should all be put in jail.

I saw the video, and as I stated before, there's a lot missing in this situation. Who started it? Who provoked who? Who was the aggressor here? What you can see in the video, is the guy mowing folks down. This wasn't a controlled, steady pace forward to avoid confrontation....he gunned it. There was intent for harm.

Maybe some biker deserved it. God knows the jackholes on their crotch rockets here in my town are belligerent little douchbags, but perhaps there's something more to this story.

Back
Top Bottom