• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another School Says Christine O'Donnell Did Not Attend

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Another School Says Christine O'Donnell Did Not Attend

Claremont Graduate University tells TPM that Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell did not attend the Southern California school despite listing it under education on her LinkedIn profile.

Rod Leveque, a spokesman for the school, told TPM tonight:

Claremont Graduate University has no student or education record for an individual named Christine O'Donnell.​

The discrepancy was first reported by Gary Scott, a radio producer in Los Angeles and longtime political reporter and editor.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe she is a compulsive liar like Palin.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe she is a compulsive liar like Palin.

You never have to practice deception. God always provides a way out. - Christine O’Donnell...;)

She had a fellowship at the Claremont Institute.
Her website notes that she had a fellowship at the Claremont Institute.
Her linkedin profile said Claremont Graduate University, which is a different institution.

Let’s Attack Christine O’Donnell’s LinkedIn Page! | RedState

Depending on when O’Donnell created her LinkedIn profile, at one point you could only enter educational programs that were in the LinkedIn system. And even today, you have to hard-code in the text for places like Claremont, which are not recognized Institutions or Companies, but exist only as search terms in their system.

If O’Donnell typed “Claremont,” CGU’s the first option that pops up — and the Institute is not even a listed option. Same with the program she went through at the University of Oxford. I had the same issue arise for a University of Virginia program I went through. I am a graduate of an public policy institute run through UVA, but I ended up deleting it from the Education section of my profile because when I added it, I discovered LinkedIn automatically stuck “University of Virginia” in my Education listing. Since a month-long course is hardly the same as a degree, I just stuck the mention in the bullet-point section — O’Donnell obviously didn’t do that, but that’s her choice. And if you scroll down, you’ll see that nowhere in O’Donnell’s profile does she claim to have a graduate degree — she just lists the program she participated in (accurately) for both Claremont and the program held at the University of Oxford. She never claims to have received a degree from either institution, and the brief listing on her profile — “University of Oxford - Post Modernism in the New Millennium” — practically screams “summer program.”

There are plenty of other things to go after O’Donnell for, but this one seems cheap and shoddy.

Watergate this isn't.

Last edited:
From your link@Turns out O'Donnell (R-DE) did receive a fellowship from a conservative think tank named the Claremont Institute, also in Claremont, Ca. but not affiliated with Claremont Graduate University. The think tank is listed properly on her campaign site,

SORT OF.....you forgot that part. she's a serial liar, it seems.

From your link@Turns out O'Donnell (R-DE) did receive a fellowship from a conservative think tank named the Claremont Institute, also in Claremont, Ca. but not affiliated with Claremont Graduate University. The think tank is listed properly on her campaign site,

Look, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt again. Maybe some overzealous person on her staff is misrepresenting her education when writing the copy for her website.

She does come off as a sincere person--another reason she's out of her league in big game politics.

However, all the attention on the false resume is just going to motivate people to check out her real resume and education history at Fairleigh Dickinson.

She attended her university's commencement ceremony in 1993 but did not receive a degree. O'Donnell later said the degree was withheld due to unpaid tuition.[nb 2][17] In 1994, Fairleigh Dickinson sued her for $4,823, winning a judgment for the entire amount according to court documents. The debt was paid in 2003.[3][16][17] After O'Donnell completed a required course in the summer of 2010,[16] Fairleigh Dickinson awarded her a bachelor's degree in English literature,[15][16][17] with a concentration in communication.[15]

So, from 1993 - 2010, what did her resume say under Education: B.A. Eng Lit from Fairleigh?

There's the story right there. Has she been lying about her only degree all this time?

Perhaps the media should look a little closer at Coons resume. The left is more than willing to try to trash Christine while totally ignoring Chris Coons. This is a very telling read about the real Chris Coons.

... Does anyone know what Chris Coons did in South Africa?
The American Spectator : Chris Coons: Volunteer for Liberation Theology
Chris Coons, the freshly minted Democrat selected as Tea Party favorite and Republican nominee Christine O'Donnell's opponent in the Delaware U.S. Senate race traveled to Africa in the 1980s -- emerging as a committed leftist after volunteering for an organization supporting Black Liberation Theology.
The controversial religious philosophy espoused by radical left-wing activist James Cone and President Obama's one-time spiritual mentor the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Black Liberation Theology is an off-shoot of liberation theology, a Marxist-driven interpretation of Christianity.

Perhaps the media should look a little closer at Coons resume. The left is more than willing to try to trash Christine while totally ignoring Chris Coons. This is a very telling read about the real Chris Coons.

Chris Coons, the freshly minted Democrat selected as Tea Party favorite and Republican nominee Christine O'Donnell's opponent in the Delaware U.S. Senate race traveled to Africa in the 1980s -- emerging as a committed leftist after volunteering for an organization supporting Black Liberation Theology.
The controversial religious philosophy espoused by radical left-wing activist James Cone and President Obama's one-time spiritual mentor the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Black Liberation Theology is an off-shoot of liberation theology, a Marxist-driven interpretation of Christianity.

this thread is about o'donnell....and i am asking you straight up, since you love calling people liars, why would you vote for a PROVEN liar?

Sure, but start with an objective source.

Spectator went back to its tabloid roots in the 1990's.

OMg! He studied in Africa!! Ouuuuuuu...Aaaahhhhhh...Nooooooo!!!!:roll: Thanks for the derail attempt so I could see that it is so scary to some folk if one studies or spends time in Africa. :roll: :lamo

Sure, but start with an objective source.

Spectator went back to its tabloid roots in the 1990's.

As opposed to TalkingPointsMemo and Media Matters, which are noted objective sources.

OMg! He studied in Africa!! Ouuuuuuu...Aaaahhhhhh...Nooooooo!!!!:roll: Thanks for the derail attempt so I could see that it is so scary to some folk if one studies or spends time in Africa. :roll: :lamo

If you read past the headling, you'd see that nothing about the article is criticizing the fact that he studied in Africa. It's about what he did while in Africa.

And yet another worthless attack the tea-party by proxy thread blown way out of proportion. :roll:

As opposed to TalkingPointsMemo and Media Matters, which are noted objective sources.

Classic case of missing the point.

O'Donnell stories come from her own statements and claims. TPM is relaying fact-checking done by another source and adding context. MSM then decides if the story in that context is relevant or spin. O'Donnell's witch statement were humorous and therefore interesting. But false claims about her education, that goes to her credibility and therefore relevant.

I'm sure the spin on the Coons story will go over like gangbusters at Fox. Any intelligent person can see it's pure right-wing talking point guilt by association spin. That's why legitimate news won't touch it.

At least Coons knows Africa is a continent and not a country...

If you read past the headling, you'd see that nothing about the article is criticizing the fact that he studied in Africa. It's about what he did while in Africa.

Anybody with half a brain can read that article and smell the stench of wild speculation, innuendo, and right-wing logic with all the typical negative spin words.

It's a piece of **** tabloid hit piece.

Last edited:

So what is your point?

Oh gee. Let's jump all up and down on Chris Coons for being a CHRISTIAN, shall we?

Regards from Rosie

Back
Top Bottom