• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another school bus beating?

CRUE CAB

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Cant post links from here, but its on the news now and vids are on the web.
Who raises these animals?
Why was the driver too timid to do anything.
Victim is beaten down by 3 older and bigger kids because he didnt want to buy pot from them.
Pot? Pot is great and never is associated with violence.:doh

Victim is beaten down by 3 older and bigger kids because he didnt want to buy pot from them.

This is old news, but still. When you post something like this, please include a link. ;)

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you couldn't post a link. Here it is:

This is old news, but still. When you post something like this, please include a link. ;)

Firewall wont let me. Damn tyrants.
I just cant believe the bus drivers attitude of "nothin' I could do".

This is the kind of crap that we get when we teach our kids to be passive, and these days, that is what we are collectively teaching them. Being non-aggressive is all fine and good until it gets you hurt.

Firewall wont let me. Damn tyrants.
I just cant believe the bus drivers attitude of "nothin' I could do".

I Googled "Sample rules for school bus drivers" and found a bunch of manuals online from many different school districts. I checked out six of them -- not one of them dealt with fighting on the bus.

This is an abdication of responsibility on the part of school districts. That contingency should be very clearly covered. I don't blame the driver. You start smacking kids around and you're liable to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

I think it was peculiar that he didn't try to aid the boy after the fact, but I can also understand that to a certain extent. He's not a doctor.

This is the kind of crap that we get when we teach our kids to be passive, and these days, that is what we are collectively teaching them. Being non-aggressive is all fine and good until it gets you hurt.
Well I agree, but a 13 yo vs 3 15 yo kids. Little you can do with that kind of disparity of force.

It isn't the pot. It's the kids who have been raised by parents who did not instill any value for human life or decency in them.

Well I agree, but a 13 yo vs 3 15 yo kids. Little you can do with that kind of disparity of force.

It isn't just the age difference. It's a pervasive passivity in society that tells people not to get involved. Look the other way. Don't address violence where it exists. It is ultimately cowardly, and shirking the responsibility to do what is right.

We have to show understanding and sensitivity. Those three 15 year olds were justifiably angry that their great grandparents were slaves and may have been owned by the white 13 year old's great grandparents. So, really, it is quite understandable and you can't blame those kids. :roll:

So, we're now (deliberately) raising a generation of snitches (see something, say something) and we forgot to issue weapons to the rats.

Which is worse? Getting your ass kicked for snitching on a pot dealer or having a worldwide manhunt for you because you snitched on the NSA?

Talk about mixed messages.

We have to show understanding and sensitivity. Those three 15 year olds were justifiably angry that their great grandparents were slaves and may have been owned by the white 13 year old's great grandparents. So, really, it is quite understandable and you can't blame those kids. :roll:

Yeah, the whole Uppity Negro problem can be extrapolated from these 3 punks.

That's mighty White of you Sir, mighty White.

:roll:

A friend and I were once attacked by a group of four individuals, I was 14, three were younger 11-13 and one the same age. Was only shoved a few times, but my friend was punched numerous times and bleeding. All of this for no reason. We were minding our business, when the others began to insult us without provocation. My friend insulted back, and as we got off the bus were attacked "him more viciously for retorting I suppose." I know the kids, know the parents and how they do nothing to instill an iota of decency within their kids. The bus driver reported the incident, but without proper evidence, the administrators ignored the severity, and gave only three of the kids a 3 day suspension from the bus and suspended my friend as well. Barbaric as it may seem, the first opportunity I had to retaliate "at this point, only me and one of the kids were riding", I did. After the event, the only one landing punches being myself, I was summoned to the office, and asked to apologize.

It isn't the pot. It's the kids who have been raised by parents who did not instill any value for human life or decency in them.

Kids aren't generally capable of much of a moral compass or mature understanding for equality. I think the parents don't teach kids there's consequences for their actions by disciplining them. Everyone wants to make excuses for their little monsters.

It isn't just the age difference. It's a pervasive passivity in society that tells people not to get involved. Look the other way. Don't address violence where it exists. It is ultimately cowardly, and shirking the responsibility to do what is right.
I think much of it started in the 70s.
I remember in our school one year there was a memo or something that was sent out to parents that if you child is in a fight, he will be punished whether he was the agressor or if they fight back.
That is were the tide turned, now you have kids who have to think about defending themselves before defending themselves.
And if they dont fight back, then they are called sissy or worse by the other kids.
It put good kids in a no win situation.

the major problem is that they are 'raising' themselves

because he is not law enforcement, prepared to take on three angry young thugs
neither is he a medic, qualified to tend to the victim
let's look at a few potential scenarios should he have intervened:
1. he steps in and gets physical with those minors and hurts one or more of them in the process. who is going to cover his legal fees and prevent him from losing the assets he has accumulated
2. he steps in and gets his ass beaten by the minors, the thugs in training. who is then going to be the adult on the bus responsible for the other minors in his care. who is going to cover the loss of income resulting from his injuries. his medical care
3. he tries to help the victim. but it is believed his actions caused additional physical harm to the kid, because the driver was without the medical qualifications to offer adequate medical attention. as above, who is going to offer the legal aid which will keep him from losing the assets accumulated during his life

it's appalling that law enforcement is even considering any legal action against the driver. he was found to have fulfilled his duties of a school bus driver

in the other thread that wants to make this a racial incident, it was indicated that the victim ratted out the thugs for offering to sell weed on campus

never knew that weed prevented anger in its users. that has not been my experience as a 42 year abuser ... but it has been known to take the edge off

1. he steps in and gets physical with those minors and hurts one or more of them in the process. who is going to cover his legal fees and prevent him from losing the assets he has accumulated
2. he steps in and gets his ass beaten by the minors, the thugs in training. who is then going to be the adult on the bus responsible for the other minors in his care. who is going to cover the loss of income resulting from his injuries. his medical care
3. he tries to help the victim. but it is believed his actions caused additional physical harm to the kid, because the driver was without the medical qualifications to offer adequate medical attention. as above, who is going to offer the legal aid which will keep him from losing the assets accumulated during his life

it's appalling that law enforcement is even considering any legal action against the driver. he was found to have fulfilled his duties of a school bus driver

in the other thread that wants to make this a racial incident, it was indicated that the victim ratted out the thugs for offering to sell weed on campus

never knew that weed prevented anger in its users. that has not been my experience as a 42 year abuser ... but it has been known to take the edge off

Bubba!!!! I agree with every single word you wrote!!!! Woot!!!!

A grown man should not be afraid to step in. Its on camera in the bus, so his actions would be taped and he would be justified.
I know what it is.
He probably lives in the same neighborhood as those animals and dont want to have to deal with his house being vandalized or his car burned to the ground.

I have to say that the one black kid with his ass hanging out the whole time is all set for a fruitful life in prison.

So, we're now (deliberately) raising a generation of snitches (see something, say something) and we forgot to issue weapons to the rats.

Which is worse? Getting your ass kicked for snitching on a pot dealer or having a worldwide manhunt for you because you snitched on the NSA?

Talk about mixed messages.

If the kid ratted out the drug dealers he did the right thing. If he got his ass kicked for doing so he handled it wrong. There is no good reason to condone drugs on a high school campus. Beating someone for acting responsibly is also unacceptable. There is nothing about these kids beating the other one that is justifiable in any way other than "street justice" which, again, is contrary to the interests of a safe and productive community.

A grown man should not be afraid to step in. Its on camera in the bus, so his actions would be taped and he would be justified.
I know what it is.
He probably lives in the same neighborhood as those animals and dont want to have to deal with his house being vandalized or his car burned to the ground.

Those three 15 year olds could have beat that old bus driver to death. This bizarre view that anyone age 18 and older can easily beat up anyone younger than 17 has really gotten to be tiresome.

In addition, he would only risk civil and criminal prosecution if he intervened. The only certain legal action in the USA is total apathy and to do absolutely nothing whatsoever for anyone else. So he was in full compliance with the law.

I know what it is.

It goes beyond that. He's in one of those "zero tolerance" environments and if he so much as laid a finger on one of those thugs he'd lose his job as a minimum and probably get the school district sued as well.

The thugs are a product of a culture that rationalizes and self-justifies such behavior. That culture is supported by an industry that thrives on promoting victimhood and a government that is subsidized by that industry.

To those who are condemning the bus driver, clearly an older gentleman, you don't know what his experiences have been driving this bus before this particular circumstance took place. If these three young goons are so out of control as to be able to do what they did in this video, who's to say they haven't been a major problem in the past on the bus and the administration of the school has done nothing. Who's to say the bus driver hasn't been threatened by these kids or even by their drug supplier previously.

And Justabubba is absolutely right - if the driver had intervened and anything had happened to the three thugs, the driver would be the next George Zimmerman who attacked some poor babies just enjoying their skittles on the bus.

Kids aren't generally capable of much of a moral compass or mature understanding for equality. I think the parents don't teach kids there's consequences for their actions by disciplining them. Everyone wants to make excuses for their little monsters.

I don't agree with automatically blaming the parents and do not agree that 15 year olds are incapable of "a moral compass."

Any other excuses you have for them and ways to blame others for their extreme violent misconduct?

I know what it is.

he may have been scared for his safety
but he may also have understood his legal liability had he intervened
if we expect school bus drivers to get involved then let's train them and issue pepper spray and tasers
based on my limited information, i do not believe he was so equipped

what we have is monday morning quarterbacking going on, here and by the law enforcement authorities

I don't agree with automatically blaming the parents and do not agree that 15 year olds are incapable of "a moral compass."

Any other excuses you have for them and ways to blame others for their extreme violent misconduct?
Good parents dont raise those kind of kids.
I blame them.

Back
Top Bottom