• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Republican House member bites the dust.

Showtime586

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The response so far from the Right has been false equivalency on a grand scale. "But....But....But HUNTER"

Just another elected official who because he is an elected official somehow allows him to break laws and no one should question his integrity ...............or lack thereof

At some point, our Conservative friends here on DP will simply have to admit that their party is as corrupt as they claim the other side it.
Even your independent friends don't believe that.

However, this does provide another example of why Republicans are more trusted. They never get away with anything, no matter how trivial.

However, this does provide another example of why Republicans are more trusted. They never get away with anything, no matter how trivial.
Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and a host of "the best people" approve this message.

At some point, our Conservative friends here on DP will simply have to admit that their party is as corrupt as they claim the other side it.

They're 100% corrupt and it has little to nothing do with crimes like this - those are additional.

I'm not sure knowingly accepting a large illegal campaign contribution and then lying about it to the FBI is "trivial."

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
***********************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

The Times reports, "A federal judge ruled on Monday that former President Donald J. Trump and a lawyer who advised him on how to overturn the 2020 election most likely committed felonies, including obstructing the work of Congress and conspiring to defraud the United States.

"The judge’s comments marked a significant breakthrough for the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, which had laid out in a civil filing the crimes it believed Mr. Trump might have committed as it weighs making a criminal referral to the Justice Department.

“The illegality of the plan was obvious,” wrote Judge David O. Carter of the Central District of California. “Our nation was founded on the peaceful transition of power, epitomized by George Washington laying down his sword to make way for democratic elections. Ignoring this history, President Trump vigorously campaigned for the vice president to single-handedly determine the results of the 2020 election.”

"The Justice Department has been conducting a wide-ranging investigation of the Capitol assault but has given no public indication that it is considering pursuing a criminal case against Mr. Trump. A criminal referral from the House committee could increase pressure on Attorney General Merrick B. Garland to do so."

While we are on the subject, the reader will be amazed at this. This guy is truly unbelievable.

At a campaign rally in Georgia over the weekend, the former President, again, praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“The smartest one gets to the top,” Trump told the crowd. “That didn’t work so well recently in our country. But they ask me, ‘Is Putin smart?’ Yes, Putin was smart. And I actually thought he was going to be negotiating. I said, ‘That’s a hell of a way to negotiate, put 200,000 soldiers on the border.’”

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and many Republicans seek and enjoy his endorsement. Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the Presidency in 2024.

Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and a host of "the best people" approve this message.
You make my point for me. Democrats don't get treated like this.

Roger Stone was arrested in a predawn raid, over a technical violation, and the national media was tipped off to the arrest. Manafort was prosecuted over things that happened years before and which prosecutors had decided to pass over. General Flynn is genuinely innocent but they prosecuted him anyway.

This is unfair, unjust, and only the cult believes otherwise.

I'm not sure knowingly accepting a large illegal campaign contribution and then lying about it to the FBI is "trivial."
I did not say it was. I am saying the treatment is not evenhanded.

Roger Stone was arrested in a predawn raid, over a technical violation, and the national media was tipped off to the arrest. Manafort was prosecuted over things that happened years before and which prosecutors had decided to pass over. General Flynn is genuinely innocent but they prosecuted him anyway.

This is unfair, unjust, and only the cult believes otherwise.

Or maybe they should just stop doing so much illegal shit.

Novel thought, I know.

This is unfair, unjust, and only the cult believes otherwise
There's only one cult and they believe Trump.

At a campaign rally in Georgia over the weekend, the former President, again, praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“The smartest one gets to the top,” Trump told the crowd. “That didn’t work so well recently in our country. But they ask me, ‘Is Putin smart?’ Yes, Putin was smart. And I actually thought he was going to be negotiating. I said, ‘That’s a hell of a way to negotiate, put 200,000 soldiers on the border.’”

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and many Republicans seek and enjoy his endorsement. Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the Presidency in 2024.
As expected, not a peep out of Republicans.

I think it's much more likely that we'll see more and more of them begin to publicly give up any/all pretense of advocacy of liberal democracy.

That's where some of them are, already. It's only a matter of time before that becomes the stated (rather than de facto) policy of the entire GOP.

Trumpism is a neo-fascist political movement. And 80% of GOP voters (and probably 95% of elected GOPers in Congress) remain loyal to Trump and the Trump agenda.

So the math, there, is not exactly complicated. We are headed toward a binary choice between democracy (with a small "D") and fascism in this country, where the few remaining TRUE conservatives in the GOP will have to choose sides between their country and their party.

There's only one cult and they believe Trump.
The cult believes CNN and hates Trump.

You are regularly spouting cult talking points, so I would say that you have at least some familiarity. Why dissemble?

As expected, not a peep out of Republicans.
It's impossible to say the right thing, so why give the cult ammunition?

You are regularly spouting cult talking points, so I would say that you have at least some familiarity. Why dissemble?
The rubber & glue gambit doesn't work.

Keep up the gaslighting though. The 'non cult' audience has proven to be pretty malleable when it comes to regurgitation.

The rubber & glue gambit doesn't work.
Good. Then you understand that the cult predates Trump and Trump followers by many years.

Keep up the gaslighting though.
You realize that calling someone a gaslighter is a backhand compliment, right? It requires knowledge, intelligence, and skill.

The 'non cult' audience has proven to be pretty malleable when it comes to regurgitation.
I've seen Biden's poll numbers too.

Oh well. You voted for him so you're stuck with him.

Good. Then you understand that the cult predates Trump and Trump followers by many years.
And so the gambit is on. It still doesn't work.
You realize that calling someone a gaslighter is a backhand compliment, right? It requires knowledge, intelligence, and skill.
That may be true when it works, not when you get caught.

It's impossible to say the right thing, so why give the cult ammunition?
I appreciate your repeated use of "cult" is a defense mechanism- "they can't call us cultists if we call them cultists first."

But the fact is, a cult generally requires some central, singular figure, with a message that the adherents worship and follow unflinchingly. You guys have one. We don't. But we will see what we can do.

Back
Top Bottom