• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another police shooting an unarmed black man in the back leading to more riots!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wisconsin shooting: Kenosha police shoot Black man as children watch from a vehicle, attorney says - CNN
Watching this video makes me wonder why would you shoot a man in the back from inches away when he is not seemingly a danger to you or the public at the time of the shooting? Maybe the riots are the only way that blacks can bring these shooting to the attention of the rest of the country. Without the riots no one even knows another black man has been shot. Please do not respond if you do not watch the video since it seems to say it all. The police union says we do not know the whole story, but really, was the use of deadly force the only way to handle this situation?

You saw the video and seem to have made up your mind. Out of curiosity, do you think it is at all possible that there might be more to the story than just what you saw? Do you think you saw everything that the video had to offer?

You saw the video and seem to have made up your mind. Out of curiosity, do you think it is at all possible that there might be more to the story than just what you saw? Do you think you saw everything that the video had to offer?

It showed enough to make an educated guess....

The lead officer was all but touching him when he got to the door of the vehicle. He never once made an attempt to stop him, instead choosing to keep his gun pointed at him even though his partner was there with a gun trained on him as well.

That simple act alone could have prevented the need to shoot.

Last edited:
It showed enough to make an educated guess....

The lead officer was all but touching him when he got to the door of the vehicle. He never once made an attempt to stop him, instead choosing to keep his gun pointed at him even though his partner was there with a gun trained on him as well.

That simple act alone could have prevented the need to shoot.

Do you think, possibly, there could have been a reason other than the fact the guy was black that the cops drew their weapons? Was there anything in the video that indicated that the cops perceived a threat before the guy reached into his car?

Without the riots no one even knows another black man has been shot.

There aren't riots every time an unarmed white man is shot. Why should it be any different for black men?

Wisconsin shooting: Kenosha police shoot Black man as children watch from a vehicle, attorney says - CNN
Watching this video makes me wonder why would you shoot a man in the back from inches away when he is not seemingly a danger to you or the public at the time of the shooting? Maybe the riots are the only way that blacks can bring these shooting to the attention of the rest of the country. Without the riots no one even knows another black man has been shot. Please do not respond if you do not watch the video since it seems to say it all. The police union says we do not know the whole story, but really, was the use of deadly force the only way to handle this situation?

Wisconsin_Riot.jpg

Yes .. let's make assumptions based on social media accounts and burn this city down!! .... cause this is the only way blacks can get the attention of the country. Let's put our own community in worse shape so grandma can't shop anymore. Brilliant!

what choice did blake leave the police? he was obviously evading their efforts to constrain him
would it be unreasonable for the police to wonder if he was adamant to return to his car to grab a weapon which could be used against them?
the dispatcher had notified the police responders that blake was not supposed to be at that scene of a domestic dispute. restraining order? don't know, but neither did the police
the police are authority figures. if they say stop, then ****ing stop
if they say put down the knife, the wielder of that knife is putting his life in danger if he refuses to comply (references another recent cop shooting of a belligerent black man)
chris rock's video should be required viewing for every high school student:

Shooting a man at his back, how suprising.

Cowards, all of them.

Do you think, possibly, there could have been a reason other than the fact the guy was black that the cops drew their weapons? Was there anything in the video that indicated that the cops perceived a threat before the guy reached into his car?

So let me get this straight.....

You are seriously gonna try to get me to believe that two officers who had guns drawn from the beginning of the video and allowed this dude to disengage from the fight and walk away didnt have another option? How about a non lethal method for starters? Or maybe attempting to take him down at the front of the vehicle before he ever gets to the door?

I provide again this video and ask you why it goes so differently:

Skip to the 7 minute mark and witness a man not only getting into his car, but coming back out WITH A ****ING GUN, and somehow living to tell about it after the cops fire a whole 1 shot at him.

For the record, I wish more cops had the restraint of the officers in the video, but question why it seems like THOSE COPS never seem to be the ones who show up when the perps is black.

what choice did blake leave the police? he was obviously evading their efforts to constrain him
would it be unreasonable for the police to wonder if he was adamant to return to his car to grab a weapon which could be used against them?
the dispatcher had notified the police responders that blake was not supposed to be at that scene of a domestic dispute. restraining order? don't know, but neither did the police
the police are authority figures. if they say stop, then ****ing stop
if they say put down the knife, the wielder of that knife is putting his life in danger if he refuses to comply (references another recent cop shooting of a belligerent black man)
chris rock's video should be required viewing for every high school student:

I got a video too.....per your required learning video, we should be watching a guy getting his ass kicked right around the 9:50 mark of the video:

Wait.....no ass kicking? Not a single weapon pulled? Hell, the guy even punks one officer into taking his hand off his gun.

Again, more officers need to be this restrained, but again, its funny how those types of officers never show up to deal with black perps.

You would almost think they were trained to act differently or something.....

So let me get this straight.....

You are seriously gonna try to get me to believe that two officers who had guns drawn from the beginning of the video and allowed this dude to disengage from the fight and walk away didnt have another option? How about a non lethal method for starters? Or maybe attempting to take him down at the front of the vehicle before he ever gets to the door?

I provide again this video and ask you why it goes so differently:

Skip to the 7 minute mark and witness a man not only getting into his car, but coming back out WITH A ****ING GUN, and somehow living to tell about it after the cops fire a whole 1 shot at him.

For the record, I wish more cops had the restraint of the officers in the video, but question why it seems like THOSE COPS never seem to be the ones who show up when the perps is black.

The internet has lots of videos and one is a guy in Phoenix that came out of the door to his apartment with a gun and was immediately shot in the back by a cop. It DOES happen to white people too so lets get past that bull****.

I don't know exactly what the cops in Kenosha were dealing with, what indicated to them that it was a good idea to draw their weapons or what prompted them to shoot. I don't know whether the shooting was justified or not. I'm not going to second guess their actions because I don't have facts I need to make that kind of determination.

More than all that, I'll be damned if I'll get sucked into this "your silence is violence" crap where it's a social imperative to criticize the police whether facts are in evidence or not and, quite often, even after the narrative of police violence blows up in the accusers faces.

Back
Top Bottom