• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another person lying about the police on the internet

Another person blatantly lying about what the police say.

She is misremembering... but what is the real problem? This stupid law of having to sign the ticket. It is bullshit and serves no real purpose. A "promise" to the cop to show up to Court or pay the ticket? It is a forced contract signed under duress... not to mention, even if it wasn't, it only serves to upset people even more during a potentially confusing or stressful situation.

She is misremembering... but what is the real problem?

She misremembered lynching? Really?

This stupid law of having to sign the ticket. It is bullshit and serves no real purpose. A "promise" to the cop to show up to Court or pay the ticket? It is a forced contract signed under duress... not to mention, even if it wasn't, it only serves to upset people even more during a potentially confusing or stressful situation.

It is the law.

If you don't want to be lynched don't speed in Virginia. Or any other US state with traffic laws for that matter. It's that's simple.

I have to say that the woman's account of the incident contained much more honesty than I was expecting, but that doesn't change the fact that she still portrayed the incident dishonestly.

It was that one key misstatement (pull you out of the car vs. get you out of the car) that she kept clinging to that was the whole basis of her attempt to falsely portray the officer as intimidating and unreasonable, and imply that there was some sort of racial overtone to his behavior.

Bottom line, she downplayed her speeding violation (claiming she was 7 over when it was actually 15 over) implying it should have only warranted a warning instead of a ticket. She then incorrectly believed she had the right not to sign the traffic ticket and when she found out that refusing to sign it would result in her being arrested, it pissed her off and motivated her to record that video, where she falsely claimed to be a victim of "driving while black".

She had every right to be upset about getting a ticket, because speeding fines aren't cheap... But pretending that a cop who did his job correctly and treated her respectfully, was somehow the bad guy in this situation who used intimidation tactics and abused his authority, was flat out dishonest on her part.

She is misremembering... but what is the real problem? This stupid law of having to sign the ticket. It is bullshit and serves no real purpose. A "promise" to the cop to show up to Court or pay the ticket? It is a forced contract signed under duress... not to mention, even if it wasn't, it only serves to upset people even more during a potentially confusing or stressful situation.
It's an acknowledgement of receiving the citation. This is so that later if they don't pay or show up for court they cannot claim that the police just made it up. Another liberal bunch of crap. I've been stopped about 6-8 times in my long driving career. I've been ticketed twice that I can remember. The other times the officer asked why I did this or that and I explained whatever was happening. I didn't lie, didn't get nervous, didn't try to get smart ass, didn't try to run off or fight the cop.. Frankly I don't see why someone gets mad at the cop when they violate the law?

I have to say that the woman's account of the incident contained much more honesty than I was expecting, but that doesn't change the fact that she still portrayed the incident dishonestly.

It was that one key misstatement (pull you out of the car vs. get you out of the car) that she kept clinging to that was the whole basis of her attempt to falsely portray the officer as intimidating and unreasonable, and imply that there was some sort of racial overtone to his behavior.

Bottom line, she downplayed her speeding violation (claiming she was 7 over when it was actually 15 over) implying it should have only warranted a warning instead of a ticket. She then incorrectly believed she had the right not to sign the traffic ticket and when she found out that refusing to sign it would result in her being arrested, it pissed her off and motivated her to record that video, where she falsely claimed to be a victim of "driving while black".

She had every right to be upset about getting a ticket, because speeding fines aren't cheap... But pretending that a cop who did his job correctly and treated her respectfully, was somehow the bad guy in this situation who used intimidation tactics and abused his authority, was flat out dishonest on her part.

Are you surprised? This is normal. You are a victim and should act like one is what the liberals are teaching.

Ok, so I watched the entire video.
She lied. Blatantly lied. She is the racist apparently because she seems to hate white cops. The cop wasn't rude, wasn't a bully, didn't threaten to "pull her out of the car". She didn't seem nervous when talking to the cop, didn't seem scared, and she did know the law regarding signing the ticket or being responsible for maintaining an appropriate speed.
Bottom line is she deliberately lied and accused the cop of things he did not do. Can you imagine similar situations where the driver got rude, abusive, or even physical with the cops? I can because it happens. She lied. She played the race card, the victim card, she turned on the tears for her video because she didn't cry when the cop was talking to her. She lied. No excuses for her, she lied.

It's an acknowledgement of receiving the citation.
Today we don't need to sign a ticket. There is dash and body cam video.
This is so that later if they don't pay or show up for court they cannot claim that the police just made it up.
It is still signed under duress which is illegal.
Another liberal bunch of crap.
Partisan political bullshit.
I've been stopped about 6-8 times in my long driving career. I've been ticketed twice that I can remember. The other times the officer asked why I did this or that and I explained whatever was happening. I didn't lie, didn't get nervous, didn't try to get smart ass, didn't try to run off or fight the cop.. Frankly I don't see why someone gets mad at the cop when they violate the law?
I don't know either. I was pulled over two weeks ago during random drunk driving pull overs. I passed as I did not have a drink in days and had a nice chat with the two cops about Top Gun: Maverick and Jurassic Park, which I was just coming home from.

Dude, it's literally legal.

It is the flipping law.
It is duress which is illegal and further, if threat of arrest accompanies it that is coercion.

They should just give fixed penalty notices and tell her that if she does not agree with the ticket then they can contact the court. simple.

Are you surprised? This is normal. You are a victim and should act like one is what the liberals are teaching.
No, I'm not surprised at all. That has become the credo of the left and the democratic party.

It is duress which is illegal and further, if threat of arrest accompanies it that is coercion.

It isn't a contract.

And it is legal.

By law.

Lawful.

Some posters in this thread either opined about a video they didn't watch, or are deliberately dishonest for... what, effect? SMH.

They should just give fixed penalty notices and tell her that if she does not agree with the ticket then they can contact the court. simple.
I know. It is so simple... what I wonder is... what is wrong with Americans? Even here we have @Fledermaus and @Integrityrespec acting like it is fine. :rolleyes:

It isn't a contract.

And it is legal.

By law.

Lawful.
LOL. It is literally a contract. I can't believe that I have to actually post a definition of the term. A movie ticket is a contract. A verbal agreement to mow a persons lawn is a contract. A speeding ticket is a contract. The asking for the signing of a ticket might be legal... This one is often coerced with threat of force and while under duress though and that is ILLEGAL.

a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.

LOL. It is literally a contract. I can't believe that I have to actually post a definition of the term. A movie ticket is a contract. A verbal agreement to mow a persons lawn is a contract. A speeding ticket is a contract. The asking for the signing of a ticket might be legal... This one is often coerced with threat of force and while under duress though and that is ILLEGAL.

a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.

A contract is a voluntary agreement between two entities.

This ain't that.

It is lawful.

I know. It is so simple... what I wonder is... what is wrong with Americans? Even here we have @Fledermaus and @Integrityrespec acting like it is fine. :rolleyes:
In the Netherlands when the police cannot name a figure to be put on the ticket they give out a ticket without a value on that and will get a offer from the prosecutor, if the person agrees he will pay it and if he does not the case is going to court. He then gets a summons to court through registered mail and then he goes to court, the judge hears the case and immediately makes a ruling. Simple and effective..

A contract is a voluntary agreement between two entities.

This ain't that.

It is lawful.
I guess you need some time to understand what "coerced" and "duress" mean.

If a person is signing a contract under those conditions... IT IS NOT LEGEL. 🤭

That is the point. LOL

You are better than this... just accept forcing a person to sign the ticket is bullshit and more on.

🤗

I guess you need some time to understand what "coerced" and "duress" mean.

If a person is signing a contract under those conditions... IT IS NOT LEGEL. 🤭

That is the point. LOL

You are better than this... just accept forcing a person to sign the ticket is bullshit and more on.

🤗

It is the law therefore it is lawful.

It ain't a contract it is a mandate.

The legal options are sign and agree to go to a future court date or get arrested and go directly to jail, do not pass go, and get an arraignment at the magistrate.

Option A or Option B.

All legal and lawful until someone changes the laws on the books.

Back
Top Bottom