• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another peaceful protest by the woke left.

Since you quoted me, tell me what you think my point was in that quote and how it relates to the point I made in this op?

That the protest was peaceful?

Since you quoted me, tell me what you think my point was in that quote and how it relates to the point I made in this op?

My point seriously went over your head? Hint: it has to do with your double standard and hyper-partisanship.

I watched the videos. Can you give me the time stamp where the violence and threats took place?
But the protestors were the violent ones?
I know the concept confuses you, but they were exercising their freedom of speech. If you're condemning them then you're specifically against free speech.
Why do you object to the students exercising their right to free speech?

What violence did you see that nobody else saw? Was West attacked? Had things hurled at him? Beaten up? I missed that. What time stamp mark was that?
Peacefully assembling and chanting slogans is perhaps the most violent thing that a group can do.

From the video, here are quotes from the event organizer Therese Purcell:

"I realized I was the target for these protestors and 200 of my fellow students started hunting me down on campus, chasing me, screaming 'go get her, go get her, go capture her, get the girl in the red dress'..."
"While this was all happening the mob continued to chase other members of our club, YAF, they physically assaulted one of our board members. They kicked him, they punched him..."

From Mediaite here's what was said in a statement put out by the university:

The University at Buffalo said in a statement that they are “conducting a thorough review” of West’s time at the university. Members of the university have a right to express themselves, they added, but “not in such a way as to limit or prevent the speaker’s freedom of expression or interfere with university operations.”

Here are some links from local TV stations on what happened:

If this is the kind of assault on free speech you all support, then please step up and say so.

Yep, it's a big problem, just like the radical right banning books, thought and the pursuit of happiness.
That's a lie and you know it.

Name one book that has been banned and is no longer available to the public?

My point seriously went over your head? Hint: it has to do with your double standard and hyper-partisanship.
That's what I thought.

You won't say what you interpreted my point to have been, because it would expose the fact that you falsely implied that I stand for something that I don't.

Will you ever put 2 and 2 together? Will you ever examine the reason, the root cause of why it's necessary for you to use deception and blatant falsehoods in order to prop up your political beliefs?

"I realized I was the target for these protestors and 200 of my fellow students started hunting me down on campus, chasing me, screaming 'go get her, go get her, go capture her, get the girl in the red dress'..."
"While this was all happening the mob continued to chase other members of our club, YAF, they physically assaulted one of our board members. They kicked him, they punched him..."

The University at Buffalo said in a statement that they are “conducting a thorough review” of West’s time at the university. Members of the university have a right to express themselves, they added, but “not in such a way as to limit or prevent the speaker’s freedom of expression or interfere with university operations.”

If this is the kind of assault on free speech you all support, then please step up and say so.

I would like to know of any time stamps from the video where you think the protests became violent or threatening. Heckling, even when it's annoying, is not violent or threatening.

Cardinal projection, always projection. Stay on subject. Peaceful protest? Hardly.

You may have missed it, if you missed the bus.
“Peaceful” protest doesn’t mean “quiet” protest.

Get a clue, @IQ57.

What a totally peaceful, respectful protest that was completely free from violence, held by the rational folks on the political left when Allen West came to campus to give a speech.

That was a fine demonstration of how tolerant and supportive of free speech the leftist of today are.... Don't-cha think?

4B7C7CD8-C3EE-4160-9C31-DCEE9E444A77.jpeg

I would like to know of any time stamps from the video where you think the protests became violent or threatening. Heckling, even when it's annoying, is not violent or threatening.
I never said any of the video depicted any actual violence, but violence reportedly did take place.

I never said any of the video depicted any actual violence, but violence reportedly did take place.

Well let me know what there's evidence of this violence. Until then it's just an empty claim.

Wow heckling. ****ing right wing snowflakes.

Let me guess, you think that falls under the heading of "heckling"... pffff

"Peaceful" protests also doesn't mean threatening and physically attacking people they disagree with.
Absolutely true. So when you have video of such threats and physical violence, share it with the rest of us.

Why did you post the same claim from the female student repeatedly? Same story, same claim, different links.

I still have not seen any evidence of violence or threats.

Well let me know what there's evidence of this violence. Until then it's just an empty claim.
Oh, so you believe that the woman was lying, therefore you support the actions of the mob. Interesting... What happened to "believe all women"?

Do you also think the university put out the following statement for nothing:

Absolutely true. So when you have video of such threats and physical violence, share it with the rest of us.

I understand.... You think the woman lied and made up the entire story... or at least that's what your going to embrace for the benefit of your political beliefs.

I understand.... You think the woman lied and made up the entire story... or at least that's what your going to embrace for the benefit of your political beliefs.
I'm saying I want to see video of these threats and physical violence for myself.

Oh, so you believe that the woman was lying, therefore you support the actions of the mob. Interesting... What happened to "believe all women"?

Do you also think the university put out the following statement for nothing:

It is possible that she is lying. She could also be telling the truth. It could also be something in between, which is usually the case. There is reported to be no police reports backing the claim that someone was assaulted. considering she claimed that it happened right in front of officers, who allegedly saved the guy being assaulted, it is strange that there would be no police report about the assault.

Interesting... So you believe that anyone speaking out against a mob that not only issued threats of violence, but actually engaged in acts of violence, makes them a snowflake?

OK then.

Where was the violence?

That's what I thought.

You won't say what you interpreted my point to have been, because it would expose the fact that you falsely implied that I stand for something that I don't.

Will you ever put 2 and 2 together? Will you ever examine the reason, the root cause of why it's necessary for you to use deception and blatant falsehoods n order to prop up your political beliefs?
Silly comment.

She utterly discredited your OP by exposing its dishonesty, hypocrisy and snowflakery.

You, and others like you, are apologists and supporters of the VIOLENT insurrection against this country. And yet, here you are whining about a NON-violent protest against one of your fascist political heroes.

I think it's hilarious to see the way Trumpists (literally) RUN away at the first HINT of public challenge to their ignorance and bigotry.

The reason you people do that is simple. You people do it because you KNOW that you cannot defend your rhetoric in the face of your opponents. That's why you people ONLY speak to yourselves. There is rarely (if ever) any serious effort to persuade others. Your entire "movement" is predicated on recruiting and motivating the white-grievance/white-nationalist types to become engaged and to vote.

Back
Top Bottom