• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another member of the PCF diaspora

Cali Con

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm Cali Con, which is a shortening of my old handle "californian conservative." I used to be decently active on politicalcrossfire, then a fair bit less on political panic, now here. I've heard some decent things about this place, so I think I'll make this my go to for the occasional politlical discussion. Truthfully, I'm probably not going to be a big poster here, I've served my time doing the debates and I have a job that keeps me very occupied, for the most part I'll probably just fix misconceptions and errors and chime in every once in a while. I'm not sure of the fact that this place looks a little too big to have a great community feel, but I'm going to give it a shot because of the good reports I've heard.

A bit more about me:

I'm in grad school in materials science at Caltech.

yay welcome calicon it's chuck berry from pcf and pp man pp turned into a stupid ****hole didn't it

It just became very poor at actual discussion. I can put up with a lot if I feel it is meaningful in some regard, but that really wasn't. It didn't have the community feel of PCF either, so there's a lot less attachment there.

Well they are starting yet another board, and calling it PCF (don't know how they can get away with that). Guess they think they can build the Internet's! Best! Political! Forum! Ever! (true words) just by name recognition only.

Hey, Cali Con, I remember you from PCF & PP. I posted at both as "Di". Nice to see you here, and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hey, Cali Con, I remember you from PCF & PP. .

and didn't you also post at whistlestopper? (or is that the right name? -- my memory isn't the best).

In any case, I must say I am a bit disappointed. When you first started posting here and everybody told me "that DiAnna really gets around" I was rather imagining something else.

Hello there! Welcome to the forum. I am also new here! Glad to meet you here! ;)

Well they are starting yet another board, and calling it PCF (don't know how they can get away with that). Guess they think they can build the Internet's! Best! Political! Forum! Ever! (true words) just by name recognition only.
Yeah, I got the link to it, took a quick look around, as a PM had stated that PCF is back up. So I went to log in and was not a member. So its not back up, its a new board with an old name. I took a look around, saw some of the old members lurking around in there, but its not the old board. I have no interest in joining a board because of its name. I am not saying I won't join it at some point, but have no interest right now.

Oh, and welcome Cali Con.

Welcome calicon

Yeah, I got the link to it, took a quick look around, as a PM had stated that PCF is back up. So I went to log in and was not a member. So its not back up, its a new board with an old name. I took a look around, saw some of the old members lurking around in there, but its not the old board. I have no interest in joining a board because of its name. I am not saying I won't join it at some point, but have no interest right now.

I got that same PM and told Uebermann to take my email and IP address out of their database, and to kindly not extend me any further invitations, because I wasn't interested in joining that playground again.

I got that same PM and told Uebermann to take my email and IP address out of their database, and to kindly not extend me any further invitations, because I wasn't interested in joining that playground again.
Isn't it pretty much the same playground that PP is? I believe that PP is dissolving and those guys are heading over to the new PCF if I am not mistaken.

That's exactly what happened, Tim. Somebody thought it'd be a good idea to change to political-crossfire.com, as the stench from PP was overwhelming, and no one wanted to be there anymore. They are hoping that, by changing the name, they can fool people into coming back. They just don't realize that a forum is only as good as it's members, and when you move the same members from one forum to another, and the only thing you change is the name, well that's just geography.

So is Quell gonna be the owner/admin? If so than I am now more than a little pissed. I am proud to have been a member and a staff member of a once great forum. Those that are at PP now do not deserve that name.

No Quell has no part of it. He gave up, washed his hands of the foolishness and walked away. He added a redirect, or put up a link, or something, directing everyone to the new PCF. I hate that they are using that name. They are cheapening it.

Hi, Cali con. Nice to see you here. I'll always remember you as the guy who introduced me to Nightwish.

A current favorite of mine:

Tarja is much better than Anette, btw. :mrgreen:

and didn't you also post at whistlestopper? (or is that the right name? -- my memory isn't the best).
Was thinking the same thing. Way back when I was a regular lurker there and this site was just an idea.

Welcome to Debate Politics!

Back
Top Bottom