• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another major CEO sticks it to conservatives

Huh? It’s just reporting what a CEO said. Now the CEO may be anti-Trump/anti-Republican, but then again, most business leaders these days are. They do not like the Neanderthal and short-sighted thinking, and the anarchist and anti-Democratic tendencies (ahem, I’m sorry, “freedom-loving tendencies) of today’s GOP. Doesn’t make for a good or stable long-term business growth environment.
The article you presented is opinion. Hell, it says so from the get go.

opinion

Trump's dangerous isolationism weakens USA and strengthens our adversaries: Retired generals
Republicans have tragically failed to check Trump's reckless behavior. The election must be a mandate and a denunciation of him and of their silence.
Michael R. Lehnert and Richard L. Kelly | Opinion contributors

America runs on 2 and 4 years cycles; its very difficult to build business models when the rules change so frequently.

Mycroft no matter how much you fight progress it's going to happen whether you like it or don't. Technology is making the earth smaller every year. It's unavoidable countries around the world will trade with each other. America is not at its best when we shut ourselves off to the world and that is exactly what trump's america first was, a withdrawal from the rest of the world.

Billionaire thinks inequality is too high, does nothing to actually change that. News at 11.

America runs on 2 and 4 years cycles; its very difficult to build business models when the rules change so frequently.
That's why the super strong corporations buy their policies with their donations. The politicians may change but the policies of things being weighted towards the wealthy do not.

Mycroft no matter how much you fight progress it's going to happen whether you like it or don't. Technology is making the earth smaller every year. It's unavoidable countries around the world will trade with each other. America is not at its best when we shut ourselves off to the world and that is exactly what trump's america first was, a withdrawal from the rest of the world.
I have no problem with "progress" and neither does Trump. I have no problem with trade and neither does Trump.

But none of that is related to "globalism".

Look, I've presented my definition of globalism many times. I suspect you've seen it, but still pretend not to know things.

In any case, if you are too lazy to do the search, here:

LOL you think its a good thing to have the investment bankers on your side? they are part of the PROBLEM with america. all that idiot is doing is covering his butt.

Its not just the corporate bankers. It’s American business in general. They have had it with Trump and the GOP’s antics. It’s bad for business.

“In a survey of CEOs on his call, Sonnenfeld said 100% of respondents answered "yes" to the following question: Should CEOs warn lobbyists privately that their firms will no longer support election result deniers in Congress?

By doing so, Sonnenfeld said the business leaders hoped to spread the message that "it's time to move on and respect the Constitution." He said participants in the gathering, who were granted anonymity, ranged from finance to manufacturing to the pharmaceutical industry.”

Your logic is faulty.

If they benefited under Trump and now they have to "pay up",it would follow that they would be speaking out against the Dems. But they aren't.

You need to rethink things. I suggest you get some accurate information first. (The mainstream media isn't giving that to you.)
"If" they benefitted under Trump??? Now that's funny!!! LOL.

Its not just the corporate bankers. It’s American business in general. They have had it with Trump and the GOP’s antics. It’s bad for business.

“In a survey of CEOs on his call, Sonnenfeld said 100% of respondents answered "yes" to the following question: Should CEOs warn lobbyists privately that their firms will no longer support election result deniers in Congress?

By doing so, Sonnenfeld said the business leaders hoped to spread the message that "it's time to move on and respect the Constitution." He said participants in the gathering, who were granted anonymity, ranged from finance to manufacturing to the pharmaceutical industry.”

its bad for business because people are waking up to their globalist sellout of america and they are wanting to redirect anyway they can.

wow pro corporate liberals, amazing.

That's why the super strong corporations buy their policies with their donations. The politicians may change but the policies of things being weighted towards the wealthy do not.
Falls in line with my long held opinion that this country, and much of the world, is run by deep pockets raather than the electorate. Playboy made an interesting case of the Trilateral Commission and the Rockefellers involvment in politics back in the 60's.

its bad for business because people are waking up to their globalist sellout of america and they are wanting to redirect anyway they can.

wow pro corporate liberals, amazing.

Free international trade is good for America and its economy. Protecting low skilled domestic labor force which refuses to retrain, and relying on obsolete energy sources, and endless bigotry and xenophobia, and restrictive immigration, are all going to sink America and leave it in the dust in the long term. CEOs see that. Trump and his supporters, in their ignorance and shortsightedness, do not.

And why everyone hates progressives. :p

Too many do, just as too many are in the trump cult. We have a lot of misguided people who want leaders to be people like trump and Dimon.

LMAO a guy who is estimated to be worth 1.8 billion bitching about "inequality" and " self-interest and act for the greater good " His ass gets bonuses while his employees get laid off.

He sure loved the government when he took taxpayer money. :rolleyes:

To be fair, he is saying it is the role of government to work to reduce inequality, you will never see the private sector seek to do that. Some might like to but in doing so make their companies uncompetitive and close down.

Capitalism is great for an economy, the government has to see above just the economy and work to better society

Too many do, just as too many are in the trump cult. We have a lot of misguided people who want leaders to be people like trump and Dimon.
Those two don’t deserve to be in the same sentence as each other. One is a fraud and failure and the other is arguably one of the most successful and respected CEOs in history. What is misguided about wanting someone with such a tremendous track record of leadership and success to lead America? I’d much rather support someone like that than someone like Bernie Sanders, who has no record of managing anything, no real proof of concept of any of his ideas, and no record of leadership or of persuading more than a small sliver of supporters most of whom are too young to know better and/or don’t have anything to lose from just tossing the whole puzzle over in the hopes of picking up a few of the pieces. I’m very tired of the cults and ideologues on both sides.

At least Sanders is not corrupt though I’ll give you that.

Some people find "sticking it" to people rather appalling. Hypocritical compassion is even worse.

Those two don’t deserve to be in the same sentence as each other. One is a fraud and failure and the other is arguably one of the most successful and respected CEOs in history. What is misguided about wanting someone with such a tremendous track record of leadership and success to lead America? I’d much rather support someone like that than someone like Bernie Sanders, who has no record of managing anything, no real proof of concept of any of his ideas, and no record of leadership or of persuading more than a small sliver of supporters most of whom are too young to know better and/or don’t have anything to lose from just tossing the whole puzzle over in the hopes of picking up a few of the pieces. I’m very tired of the cults and ideologues on both sides.

At least Sanders is not corrupt though I’ll give you that.

They belong in the same sentence, though they're not the same. Dimon is a serious plutocrat corporatist. Hey, let's look to a billionaire to run the country. centrists just love that. As if plutocracy wasn't the country's biggest problem. You are just making a fool out of yourself with your insults of Bernie, showing you are horribly informed about him, policies, and what makes a good leader. You are not going to choose the type of president we need.

Weird, he talks about the problem of inequality but he's still worth over a billion dollars

Conservatives like to brand themselves as the party of business and the free market. But this increasingly seems to be unrequited love. Business leaders are increasingly turning against their ideas on lack of regulation, law, and order in the name of “freedom”, their exclusionary racism and bigotry, their isolationism, their denial of science and resistance to public education and other public goods, etc.... Social media are shutting them out because they can’t behave themselves in the public arena. Corporations are punishing Georgia politicians for their recent attempt to reinstitute backwards and Neanderthal racist policies in that state.

Most recently, one of the leading CEOs of the country has warned of the destructive effects of conservative policies on this country:
————-

“Jamie Dimon is very bullish on the US economic recovery from the pandemic. And yet the JPMorgan Chase CEO is deeply concerned about the future of America.

In his annual shareholder letter Wednesday, Dimon wrote that the Covid-19 pandemic, the "horrific murder" of George Floyd and the painfully slow economic growth of the past two decades are all symptoms of a broader problem: "inept" public policy and broad government dysfunction.

"Unfortunately, the tragedies of this past year are only the tip of the iceberg — they merely expose enormous failures that have existed for decades and have been deeply damaging to America," Dimon wrote, adding that the nation was "totally unprepared" for the deadly pandemic.

“The fault line is inequality. And its cause is staring us in the face: our own failure to move beyond our differences and self-interest and act for the greater good”, he said.

Dimon's letter, which includes a roadmap for how to get America back on track, comes as business leaders face pressure to provide moral leadership on major issues in the face of dysfunctional government, ranging from climate change and voting rights to inequality.

Corporate America's willingness to engage on Georgia's controversial voting law led Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to warn of repercussions and former President Donald Trump to call for a boycott of major American brands, including JPMorgan.

“The fault line is inequality. And its cause is staring us in the face: our own failure to move beyond our differences and self-interest and act for the greater good”, he said.

Dimon laid out a series of what he sees as root causes for America's issues, including short-term thinking, an overreliance on economic models, media hype and partisan politics.
"Our problems are complex and frustrating — but they are fixable with hard work," Dimon wrote.

He laid out 15 policies leaders should focus on, including improved wages for low-skilled work, training for jobs, making it easier for those with a criminal record to get a job, better fiscal and tax policy, reforming social safety net programs, reviewing regulatory red tape, modernizing infrastructure, intelligent industrial policy and proper immigration policies.

“While I have a deep and abiding faith in the United States of America and its extraordinary resiliency and capabilities, we do not have a divine right to success," he wrote. "Our challenges are significant, and we should not assume they will take care of themselves." “
Sounds like a roll grandma off the cliff kind of guy. Social net concerns? I.e, Social Security. He wants your $$$ in his hedge fund.

Businesses had no issue with Trump when he was in office. Now though they know there is profit in denouncing the man after Jan 6 (also always better to suck up to the guy in charge, than the guy not in charge).

And to Conservatives: there is a way to strike back. Just help overturning Citizens United. There, done.

They belong in the same sentence, though they're not the same. Dimon is a serious plutocrat corporatist. Hey, let's look to a billionaire to run the country. centrists just love that. As if plutocracy wasn't the country's biggest problem. You are just making a fool out of yourself with your insults of Bernie, showing you are horribly informed about him, policies, and what makes a good leader. You are not going to choose the type of president we need.
Yes well thankfully I have the same right and power to choose the type of President as you do, and I’m part of the approximately 40% of moderates whereas you are in the approximate 15% of the far left. So my advice is to stop pushing for ideological purity and start trying to change minds rather than just calling people you disagree with fools or misguided. On that point I can assure you the feeling is mutual, although I would have gone with the softer idealistic and naive.

Last edited:
Yes well thankfully I have the same right and power to choose the type of President as you do, and I’m part of the approximately 40% of moderates whereas you are in the approximate 15% of the far left. So my advice is to stop pushing for ideological purity and start trying to change minds rather than just calling people you disagree with fools or misguided. On that point I can assure you the feeling is mutual, although I would have gone with the softer idealistic and naive.

You use propaganda words, of course. You're not 'moderate', you support plutocracy and radically corporatist leaders like Jamie Dimon, while progressives are not 'far left', they are mainstream FDR Democrats who support a strong middle class and oppose plutocracy, and that's enough but their policies also happen to have majority support, unlike yours. You're the proverbial horse led to water who refuses to drink, just like the trump cult.

And to Conservatives: there is a way to strike back. Just help overturning Citizens United. There, done.

Too many Democrats are fixated on Citizens United, when it's just one ruling in a whole legal ideology of plutocratic dominance that has been the right's top priority since Nixon started it with Lewis Powell. We need a broad reform of the radical right Supreme Court's rulings, not only Citizens United, that will likely take decades if we can get it done, since a constitutional amendment is very unlikely.

Weird, he talks about the problem of inequality but he's still worth over a billion dollars

What is weird about?

One can see the problem with the system, and yet take advantage of the situation.

He could give all his money away and have little to no impact. It is the role of government to change the problems, private industry is meant to make as much money as possible. The government should work to make the negatives of capitalism smaller for those it would leave behind ( handicapped etc)

Back
Top Bottom