• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another good reason for getting naked...

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
And lazing in the sun. We need it for our vitamin D requirements. I've recently been feeling really crappy, mentally, emotionally, and physically. There's a valid reason for the emotional distress, but I don't usually feel this bad physically, so I went to the doctor, to find out that I am vitamin D deficient. My symptoms were extreme fatigue, tingling in my legs, muscle weakness, and generally feeling like I couldn't hardly get out of bed in the morning. I've been taking a good high-dose supplement, but it takes weeks to resolve the effects of the deficiency. This morning, I was out on my porch, and the morning sun was coming in from the east side, and it dawned on me to strip down, get out my lawn chair, and have a cup of coffee and a bath in the sun. Since I have gotten older, I've started shielding my skin from the sun, for the most part. I may have taken it a bit too far.

The morning Sun is definitely good for you. :) I also feel better under the Sun and have noticed it's good for my skin.. and mind. :)

And lazing in the sun. We need it for our vitamin D requirements. I've recently been feeling really crappy, mentally, emotionally, and physically. There's a valid reason for the emotional distress, but I don't usually feel this bad physically, so I went to the doctor, to find out that I am vitamin D deficient. My symptoms were extreme fatigue, tingling in my legs, muscle weakness, and generally feeling like I couldn't hardly get out of bed in the morning. I've been taking a good high-dose supplement, but it takes weeks to resolve the effects of the deficiency. This morning, I was out on my porch, and the morning sun was coming in from the east side, and it dawned on me to strip down, get out my lawn chair, and have a cup of coffee and a bath in the sun. Since I have gotten older, I've started shielding my skin from the sun, for the most part. I may have taken it a bit too far.

Huh, time to take my vitamin D (and get more sun). I've been getting that lately too. I figured I might be low in b vitamins (which can also cause tingling in the legs/weakness/fatigue), since they're a little harder to come by as a vegan. It didn't make much sense though, since I'm good about taking a multivitamin every day that has more b vitamins than a normal multivitamin.

Huh, time to take my vitamin D (and get more sun). I've been getting that lately too. I figured I might be low in b vitamins (which can also cause tingling in the legs/weakness/fatigue), since they're a little harder to come by as a vegan. It didn't make much sense though, since I'm good about taking a multivitamin every day that has more b vitamins than a normal multivitamin.

Vegetarians are particularly vulnerable to D deficiency, according to what I've been reading, because the only dietary sources are from animal products.

Vegetarians are particularly vulnerable to D deficiency, according to what I've been reading, because the only dietary sources are from animal products.

Indeed. I do take my multi, which has 100% of the DV. I also drink a 1 or 2 servings of soy milk each day, which are fortified with 33% of the DV per serving. Perhaps my body isn't absorbing it as well as one would hope.

The web Dr. says: Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms, Causes, and Health Risks

I am one of those people who thrive with sunlight, and dread the darker days of autumn and winter.

Though I am generally careless regarding sunscreen and have a tendency to fry at least once a year (yeah yeah, I know) the sunlight improves my mood levels, which of course in turn makes me feel better physically. I do take D3, especially during the winter months, along with C and garlic.

Multi-vitamins are a one size fits all situation, and every body uses vitamins and minerals differently, so I usually recommend against them. Take what you need only, and if D it is, then please do. :)

Ah...that explains the bright white flash in my telescope! Yes, you do need to get out more.:lol:

Not sure about getting totally naked.....I would hate for my wee wee to get sunburned.

Not sure about getting totally naked.....I would hate for my wee wee to get sunburned.

Well, truth be told, I did retain protection of anything that might be considered sexual or reproductive in nature. ;)

I definitely tan. It must be the Italian (Naples) from my mother's side.

Oh, yeah. First warm, sunny day of the year when I can actually skip the coat, I feel like I'm on crack. I just get pumped full of energy when the sun hits me for the first time in months. It's that dramatic.

I've always been one of those few women with generally strong nutrient and mineral levels, but living in Minnesota, my vitamin D levels can get a little low too towards the end of winter. Sitting out for 10 or 20 minutes is really all you need, and unless you're extremely fair-skinned, it ain't gonna hurt you.

I think some people do take the "Stay out of the sun!" way too seriously. I try to get outside everyday for at least 10 - 15 minutes. The sun is good for you. :)

Don't burn your nipples though! OUCHIE! Take my word for it, your bra will will feel like a torture device. :lol:

I don't know nuthin' about no vitamins. All I need to know was that Lizzie was stripping down... :)

Well you better uncover them. To, uh, maximize your sun absorption of course. Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom