• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of woke gone mad

When I see more people on the left speaking out against the parading of adult sexuality in front of children -- and fewer of them defending (implicitly or explicitly) -- then I'll stop generalizing, but not before.
images.png

I did not point that out. That picture was not taken in school and therefore the board would have zero authority to act.
You did, in post 25. You noted the picture must have been from early spring.

To the best of knowledge, this teacher wearing this outfit is not recent. It’s been going on for some time, and in class.

You did, in post 25. You noted the picture must have been from early spring.

To the best of knowledge, this teacher wearing this outfit is not recent. It’s been going on for some time, and in class.
Yes it was but it was not in the school. The board will have no jurisdiction outside of the school. I have scoured local papers and talked with people in the neighbourhood we are still in contact with and have found nothing to suggest he pulled this stunt before this school year which started 2 weeks ago. If you have fact to support your allegations it has been going on for sometime in class....please share.

Yes it was but it was not in the school. The board will have no jurisdiction outside of the school. I have scoured local papers and talked with people in the neighbourhood we are still in contact with and have found nothing to suggest he pulled this stunt before this school year which started 2 weeks ago. If you have fact to support your allegations it has been going on for sometime in class....please share.
If it’s only done outside of the school, I agree with you. But I do not think that is the case.

Regardless, why have two weeks gone by? Why wasn’t this teacher suspended immediately?

Are you familiar with The 1619 Project?
I've heard of it, but I'm not obsessively political.
Are you aware it’s being taught in schools? Are
I've asked you for some examples, especially widespread examples.

And I've complained that rightwing Americans are grooming our kids to see Washington as a hero rather than a traitor.

In case you're not following, I'm saying that virtually everything we teach our kids is biased according to our understanding of history. Why are you especially excited about CRT?

So far as I can tell, this is just another manufactured outrage by rightwing mindhandlers.

I've heard of it, but I'm not obsessively political.

I've asked you for some examples, especially widespread examples.

And I've complained that rightwing Americans are grooming our kids to see Washington as a hero rather than a traitor.

In case you're not following, I'm saying that virtually everything we teach our kids is biased according to our understanding of history. Why are you especially excited about CRT?

So far as I can tell, this is just another manufactured outrage by rightwing mindhandlers.
I suggest your read up on The 1619 Project. It’s the example you say you’re looking for.

Woke is one of many things with a legitimate definition, that has been turned into a far louder propaganda attack term by the right. Basically, it's a technique to let them fight for bigotry without having to admit they are. Just like lying that the election was stolen lets them fight to steal elections while claiming to fight against stolen elections. In the 50's they could should the N word. Now they should the Woke word.
How did the word "shout" turn into "should", twice?

I suggest your read up on The 1619 Project. It’s the example you say you’re looking for.
Nah. I've said no such thing. I've asked you for examples of CRT being taught in our schools, especially widespread ones.

I wish you would present some.

The Toronto Sun, jaysus, you know what kind of spin they are going to put on this story, right?
  • Overall, we rate the Toronto Sun, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourcing and scientific positions that do not align with the scientific consensus.

In the end you see what you want to see, so it isn't my place to tell you NOT to see what you want to see, but it is not what I see.
What is it you see? I am interested in how people see this as something other than a cry for help

This is just friggin' insane. And this is a teacher? I mean really?

And before you summarily dismiss this as some anomaly never likely to be seen again, you may end up being very surprised. Look, I'm all in favor of freedom of expression and being who you are but when you want a front-facing job or one working with children, this is just a bridge too far. Should schools be forced to continue the employment of someone who decides to have swastikas tattooed all over their face.

There has to be a limit.

View attachment 67414881
this must be addressed

but not the kids being murdered. that's a distant second. this is much more important, glad the parents are threatening to murder innocent people over it.

I can't speak to your area's school system, but CRT principles are absolutely being taught in many public schools, and that too is cause for concern. It's a warped ideology, and it does not belong in public education, IMO.
To those with a paranoia of even the term CRT, I'm sure you/they can find it being taught everywhere. It's like the red scare for the 2020's.

Another liberal head in the sand issue.

Remember when gays said they "just want to be able to get married. There is no gay agenda". Now look where we are.

Nah. I've said no such thing. I've asked you for examples of CRT being taught in our schools, especially widespread ones.

I wish you would present some.
I did; you’re ignoring the Rufo thread. You’re ignoring The 1619 Project.

To those with a paranoia of even the term CRT, I'm sure you/they can find it being taught everywhere. It's like the red scare for the 2020's.
And if this is the best you have I’m sure you don’t really have a solid counterargument.

The teacher was dumb and the school board defending her was dumb. This = Wokeness? I look at your profile and think to myself "This is the kind of comparison some Rightie would come up with," not a liberal.

Unless, like Paradoxical, you believe anyone doing anything they want (no matter how stupid) is an example of Woke??
O not just anything. But if it's something strange related to sex in any way, it's likely supported.

This woman was expressing her odd gender bighooter sexuality. We cannot be bigots about that.

The Rufo thread? What's that?

And I certainly addressed the 1619 Project.

Why so shy about proving your claim that CRT is being taught in our schools? It should be easy to point out some examples.

And if this is the best you have I’m sure you don’t really have a solid counterargument.
actually, it is you who has no rebuttal to the comparison of CRT in the 2020s to the red scare of the 1950s

that was a very apt comparison
one you apparently recognize you cannot overturn and instead try to sidestep with a diversion away from that remark

a year ago conservatives ere saying we needed to teach social skills, common sense and comunity. SEL did that
SEL is now called a marxist takeover of education

when was the last school shooting? you don't know. didn't hear about it, right? where is crt being taught? refer to a lengthy tangential argument you refuse to quote

who believes you give a **** about the students?

Doesn't being woke mean you can do whatever you want?
Unto intellegent people, it means "Not Being Asleep"

Definition of woke

past tense and past participle of WAKE
: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues

Trump legitimized hate and disdain for honorable behavior. He directly attacked our democracy, our free press, even our Capitol.

(Yeah, I disagree 100% with your claims above.)

Plus, of course, Trump had no policies. He doesn't even have a clue how the government works, much less the economy or historical matters.
You are just parroti9ng the talking points of MSM. It is well known that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it as true. Trump had nothing to do with 1-6. He told them to demonstrate peacefully. He never ordered them to enter the Capitol building and his discussion about a new slate of electors was not illegal.

Unto intellegent people, it means "Not Being Asleep"

Definition of woke

past tense and past participle of WAKE
: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues
"Woke" is nothing more than part of their shallow culture wars. It's what they do in the absence of real policy because it requires no real thought...

Another liberal head in the sand issue.

Remember when gays said they "just want to be able to get married. There is no gay agenda". Now look where we are.

>>>>>Now look where we are.<<<<<

Are you saying that....awwwww NEVER MIND.

You are just parroti9ng the talking points of MSM. It is well known that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it as true. Trump had nothing to do with 1-6. He told them to demonstrate peacefully. He never ordered them to enter the Capitol building and his discussion about a new slate of electors was not illegal.

You should be ashamed Paradox, excusing blatant antiAmerican activities from a traitorous bag of crap like Crooked donnietrump.

I expected better of you.

who gave the 1-6 insurrectionists blueprints to the capital and why did trump try to have pence killed? seems like trump sure did pkan it, beginning with his tweet asking everybody to be present on 1/6 while he planned to reject the election results and declare himself dictator

you should read about that one of these years

Back
Top Bottom