• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of woke gone mad

I'm not on the left, but I'd agree that this teacher shouldn't be allowed to walk into a classroom and teach, not unless the kids are older, in which case I'd call it 'a gag' and not be troubled by it. I'd be embarrassed by it but not troubled.
I think when we're dealing with a teacher who feels the need to live out their sexual fantasies in front of children we have someone who is manifestly unqualified to teach. We should be okay declaring this behavior immoral and acting accordingly.

I'm not on the left, but I'd agree that this teacher shouldn't be allowed to walk into a classroom and teach, not unless the kids are older, in which case I'd call it 'a gag' and not be troubled by it. I'd be embarrassed by it but not troubled.
I am on the left and I can't believe the board is taking such a ridiculous stand. THIS TEACHER IS A NUTTER WHO SHOULD NOT BE TEACHING!

I think when we're dealing with a teacher who feels the need to live out their sexual fantasies in front of children we have someone who is manifestly unqualified to teach. We should be okay declaring this behavior immoral and acting accordingly.
Yeah, I kinda agree. But what do we know about what the teacher wanted?

Was it a gag, a protest, or her/him living out his/her sexual fantasies?

Often when these things pop up and get a lot of outraged attention, we later learn that the facts were not so outrageous as we assumed.

I agree. Wokism is like a religion in that you are in the clique, the cult, the group. You cannot stray from the tribe or will be canceled. Centuries ago, straying meant being banished to the wilderness at a minimum or death. Today, with the advent of the internet it is being canceled by social media which then makes you a pariah and silenced, effectively killing you.

Killing or banning their opponents was what kings, queens, Catholics and Muslims, and tribal leaders did. Humanity hasn't changed except with the method they use to destroy their opponents.
That post is absurd

You present wokeness as something practiced by those who are seeking conformity to a group

That information found in the OP certainly does not illustrate someone who is seeking to conform to societal norms

Chris Rufo did nice job assembling evidence:
Sorry, but I'm not that interested in it. I just thought you might have specific examples.

I am on the left and I can't believe the board is taking such a ridiculous stand. THIS TEACHER IS A NUTTER WHO SHOULD NOT BE TEACHING!
It sure looks that way from this distance, but would we think differently if we got his/her side of the story?

Yeah, I kinda agree. But what do we know about what the teacher wanted?

Was it a gag, a protest, or her/him living out his/her sexual fantasies?

Often when these things pop up and get a lot of outraged attention, we later learn that the facts were not so outrageous as we assumed.
To my earlier post, this may in fact be some form of revenge (i.e. he may only be pretending to be trans). Regardless, it remains the case of a teacher putting his needs above those of his students.

Sorry, but I'm not that interested in it. I just thought you might have specific examples.
Those were specific examples, and yes, it's clear you're not interested in it, but it exists, nevertheless.

Should you develop an interest in whether public education is being used as a medium for political propaganda, I think the Pathways math framework is a shining example. I've posted on it several times:

This is just friggin' insane. And this is a teacher? I mean really?

And before you summarily dismiss this as some anomaly never likely to be seen again, you may end up being very surprised. Look, I'm all in favor of freedom of expression and being who you are but when you want a front-facing job or one working with children, this is just a bridge too far. Should schools be forced to continue the employment of someone who decides to have swastikas tattooed all over their face.

There has to be a limit.

View attachment 67414881

Looks like the fruitcake is just trying to push the limits and get some kicks.....sick pervert should be immediately fired, no questions.

You present wokeness as something practiced by those who are seeking conformity to a group
That's exactly what it is. Try criticizing wokeness to one of its adherents and observe their response. You will be treated as a racist apostate.

Should you develop an interest in whether public education is being used as a medium for political propaganda,
Oh, I know that happens. Lots of schools have civics classes, in which democracy is championed.

Some even do that national anthem thing and that Pledge of Allegiance thing.

Every history class is used for a medium for political propaganda, isn't it? They even make George Washington out to be a hero rather than a traitor against the Crown.

It sure looks that way from this distance, but would we think differently if we got his/her side of the story?
That is the school my daughter attended . I have been looking everywhere for her side of the story and have yet to find anything other than her right to dress as a woman in the class...which I support.

That picture is not recent , it looks like early Spring or late Winter given the lack of foliage and it's not in a classroom. Those kids have, or at least had , a strict dress code and I am certain would be disciplined for this IF it was in the school. Sill trying to hunt down the facts in the local news to see if there is more to this....as is often the case.

As is so often the case, our friends on the left don’t quite get it. The problem is no what this individual has done. The problem is that the individual continues to be allowed to teach children.
You shouldn't put all the left in the same bag.

That is the school my daughter attended . I have been looking everywhere for her side of the story and have yet to find anything other than her right to dress as a woman in the class...which I support.

That picture is not recent , it looks like early Spring or late Winter given the lack of foliage and it's not in a classroom. Those kids have, or at least had , a strict dress code and I am certain would be disciplined for this IF it was in the school. Sill trying to hunt down the facts in the local news to see if there is more to this....as is often the case.
I heard someone say that this story came from a rightwing source, too... so I remain skeptical.

Please let us know if you learn any details about what actually happened.

That's exactly what it is. Try criticizing wokeness to one of its adherents and observe their response. You will be treated as a racist apostate.
is that teacher in the photograph someone who appears to be conforming to societal standards?

the answer to that question explains why your post is found so absurd ...

I always thought that "woke" is a rightwing insult against liberals. If so, we'd have to ask rightwingers what it means.

But I'm pretty sure that for the woke themselves, the word doesn't mean doing whatever you want. It means being sensitive to the problems of the poor and the different.

Just my take on it. I've never used the word except when pushing back against people who ridicule the woke.
I have no p[roble, with the poor at all, having grown up poorer than most of the black people in the ghettos. Being poor is a good lesson. It teaches one humility, hard work, and compassion and I believe the left is destroying incentive and hard work when they force others to help the poor in the manner which they deem appropriate which is to shower them with free stuff. Being different is fine but not when you are doing it as a virtue signal statement. I admit and agree that many on the right denigrate homosexuals and this is very wrong. They do it because of a verse in the bible. I am nonreligious.

That post is absurd

That information found in the OP certainly does not illustrate someone who is seeking to conform to societal norms
Got it!

Oh, I know that happens. Lots of schools have civics classes, in which democracy is championed.
Now you're just being willfully obtuse. Teaching CRT principles is not teaching "democracy."

Some even do that national anthem thing and that Pledge of Allegiance thing.
Irrelevant.

Every history class is used for a medium for political propaganda, isn't it? They even make George Washington out to be a hero rather than a traitor against the Crown.
No, every history class is not a medium for political propaganda.

How many times have we seen this from the left whether it's CRT, defunding the police, actively working against immigration law enforcement? It's the same pattern:
  1. It's not happening.
  2. Prove it's happening.
  3. Okay, it's happening, so what?

You shouldn't put all the left in the same bag.
When I see more people on the left speaking out against the parading of adult sexuality in front of children -- and fewer of them defending (implicitly or explicitly) -- then I'll stop generalizing, but not before.

is that teacher in the photograph someone who appears to be conforming to societal standards?

the answer to that question explains why your post is found so absurd ...
You're welcome to defend that teacher's right to parade a set of large, plastic tits in front of his students, but I'm quite confident your support says far more about you than it does me.

Ahem... those aren't swastikas and that's not her face.
No, it's just a sex fetish being acted out in front of kids, which might also be part of the fetish.

Back
Top Bottom