• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of woke gone mad

Don't dismiss this as an anomaly, never to be seen again? Cuz' we might be surprised?

Tell you what, next time a trans teacher wears huge fake breasts to her class, let me know. As I will be surprised.

Otherwise, yea it is and the attempt to paint this as wokeness gone bad is a joke. In fact the term "woke" itself is a joke.
Of course I meant this figuratively, not literally. Wokeness gone mad can lead to very surprising, dark and unexpected places.

Don't dismiss this as an anomaly, never to be seen again? Cuz' we might be surprised?

Tell you what, next time a trans teacher wears huge fake breasts to her class, let me know. As I will be surprised.

Otherwise, yea it is and the attempt to paint this as wokeness gone bad is a joke. In fact the term "woke" itself is a joke.
We’d be better off if woke were joke, but at alas, it’s not.

If you’re looking for something beyond a single anecdote, it was reported in The NY Post that since January the NYC school system has spent over $200k in drag shows. Think there might be something wrong?

Not quite that bad, but I hear you.

Woke is nothing more than a culture warrior badge of honor, designed to be an avenue for us vs. them even if the them is in the same political party or have similar takes on social and economic issues.

Like me. In the high 90% range of the issues for today’s liberalism I tend to align, social and economic issues especially I tend to agree. But those few percentage points of issues where I disagree makes me a literal enemy of woke modern liberalism, seemingly much to their delight. Then they turn around and complain when falling from rare bouts of power.

Perhaps the best evidence I can offer that being woke is nothing more than a self issued badge, a reason to delightfully and intentionally vilify those you failed to control (even if you need them on Election Day.)
I agree. Wokism is like a religion in that you are in the clique, the cult, the group. You cannot stray from the tribe or will be canceled. Centuries ago, straying meant being banished to the wilderness at a minimum or death. Today, with the advent of the internet it is being canceled by social media which then makes you a pariah and silenced, effectively killing you.

Killing or banning their opponents was what kings, queens, Catholics and Muslims, and tribal leaders did. Humanity hasn't changed except with the method they use to destroy their opponents.

That is my daughter's high school! I am more than a bit shocked if this is true. I understand her right to dress as a woman and I support that but if those are the " breasts" she is wearing to school then it must not be permitted. The picture is not a current picture it is taken in early spring ( no foliage on the trees) so must be the last school year and it's on a street. She is a real butter!

I'm going to do some checking because I know the school, the neighbourhood and the types of families that live there and this would not go over well with parents. The parents in that neighbourhood have a lot of influence and I'm sure the School Board is getting nailed.
Why must those breasts not be permitted?

I agree. Wokism is like a religion in that you are in the clique, the cult, the group. You cannot stray from the tribe or will be canceled. Centuries ago, straying meant being banished to the wilderness at a minimum or death. Today, with the advent of the internet it is being canceled by social media which then makes you a pariah and silenced, effectively killing you.

Killing or banning their opponents was what kings, queens, Catholics and Muslims, and tribal leaders did. Humanity hasn't changed except with the method they use to destroy their opponents.

Perhaps there is something to be said about those who are so entrenched in their ideology that it inherently means being adversarial, if not intentionally cruel, to everyone else.

Last edited:
Perhaps there is something to be said about those who are so entrenched in their ideology inherently means being adversarial, if not intentionally cruel, to everyone else.
It is built into the evolutionary fibers of humanity and that is why it will be difficult, if not impossible, to change anything for the foreseeable centuries to come. Tribes have to stick together or risk extinction. People band together in tribes for their own protection and survival. If someone strays from the tribe today, they risk losing their own means of survival. To control humans, people use devious methods such as loudly proclaiming that brave first responders should be fired if they don't get vaccinated. The tribal members who also want to control those who don't believe that way would support their leader and applaud that evil-doing because it's no skin off their back....THEY are pure and holy and vaccinated, so yes, KILL the outliers, the nonbelievers. It's how and why the "Holy Wars" started.

Why must those breasts not be permitted?
If one of the students in that school pulled a stunt like that they would be sent home!

We’d be better off if woke were joke, but at alas, it’s not.

If you’re looking for something beyond a single anecdote, it was reported in The NY Post that since January the NYC school system has spent over $200k in drag shows. Think there might be something wrong?
Doesn't sound good.
But conversely, I can cite right here in my home state unhinged reverse wokeness, like a local, highly successful school board being wrecked by 4 anti CRT zealots despite the fact CRT has never been taught (in any form); or the GOP passing legislation to root out trans males competing in womens sports, subjecting anyone accused of not being female to a genital inspection; or our draconian abortion law that sent a 10 year old rape victim out of state for an abortion.

Personally, I am not in support of the subject of the OP. But we can play the "your side has crazies involved in education, my side doesn't" game all day long. (And yes, I know my last example has nothing to do with education).

Doesn't sound good.
But conversely, I can cite right here in my home state unhinged reverse wokeness, like a local, highly successful school board being wrecked by 4 anti CRT zealots despite the fact CRT has never been taught (in any form); or the GOP passing legislation to root out trans males competing in womens sports, subjecting anyone accused of not being female to a genital inspection; or our draconian abortion law that sent a 10 year old rape victim out of state for an abortion.

Personally, I am not in support of the subject of the OP. But we can play the "your side has crazies involved in education, my side doesn't" game all day long. (And yes, I know my last example has nothing to do with education).
I can't speak to your area's school system, but CRT principles are absolutely being taught in many public schools, and that too is cause for concern. It's a warped ideology, and it does not belong in public education, IMO.

As is so often the case, our friends on the left don’t quite get it. The problem is no what this individual has done. The problem is that the individual continues to be allowed to teach children.
That is still not Woke, that is just a dumb stupid decision by the school board. Sometimes I think Righties have to get the Woke word into every thread whether it applies or not. I am surprised non of the Righties have tried to make this about Biden :rolleyes:

That is still not Woke, that is just a dumb stupid decision by the school board. Sometimes I think Righties have to get the Woke word into every thread whether it applies or not. I am surprised non of the Righties have tried to make this about Biden :rolleyes:
But it's reasonable to ask why that school board is making such a dumb decision. IMO, it's the product of a warped sense of justice, i.e. a product of woke ideology.

This is just friggin' insane. And this is a teacher? I mean really?

And before you summarily dismiss this as some anomaly never likely to be seen again, you may end up being very surprised. Look, I'm all in favor of freedom of expression and being who you are but when you want a front-facing job or one working with children, this is just a bridge too far. Should schools be forced to continue the employment of someone who decides to have swastikas tattooed all over their face.

There has to be a limit.

View attachment 67414881
This fauxrage has already played itself out in at least one other thread.

BINGO!

Or it could also mean Woke people don't try to turn something that isn't about Woke into something that IS Woke, because you know, they gotta throw the word Woke into every conversation.

I have told several on here what this clown did was inappropriate, that is it!!! The school board will have to answer to the parents if they let this go, that is it.

This has nothing to do with Wokeness, but people need their boogyman to make EVERYTHING about Wokeness. I guess the time I had a car accident because I had been drinking and partying all night (don't worry, wasn't seriously injured) was also an example of Wokeness.

For the last few years, leftist media has been suggesting the worst thing about Trumpism is how monumentally stupid the Right has become, and THEY have been crying foul over being talked about that way in the leftism media, but damn it................... IT SURE LOOKS LIKE THE LEFTISM MEDIA WAS RIGHT. ;)

No what makes it woke is

I do not care how effective the teacher is this Particular expression is not appropriate for school.

One if the teacher was a biological woman with natural or artificially augmented breasts I seriously doubt they would be able to wear the same outfits without some repercussions
Two if another teacher who identified as male wore the same costume breasts to class they woul more than likely face some repercussions.
Three we do not and will not know for sure what any other teacher would face because no other teacher is trying to pull this bullshit stunt, mostly likely from fear of repercussions up to loose or a job, something this teacher does not appear to be facing.

What makes it woke is instead of the school board telling The teacher to either choose a more conservative and natural looking breast Set choice and continue to teach, or continue with the comically exaggerated breast choice at a different employer. It is possible to support the teacher on whatever gender choice they make, and also have a common set of standa all teacher must adhere to. IMO wearing huge fake tits hanging down to almost your knees is not an acceptable standard.
The school board has chosen to pretend this cry for attention is somehow a decision to be supported, and it is not. Not in the way this teacher has chosen. It’s woke because it is hard for any honest or rational person to conclude this particular teacher is receiving the same support and treatment a cis teacher would with a similar outfit choice.
The Toronto Sun, jaysus, you know what kind of spin they are going to put on this story, right?
  • Overall, we rate the Toronto Sun, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to a lack of sourcing and scientific positions that do not align with the scientific consensus.

In the end you see what you want to see, so it isn't my place to tell you NOT to see what you want to see, but it is not what I see.

Doesn't being woke mean you can do whatever you want?
I always thought that "woke" is a rightwing insult against liberals. If so, we'd have to ask rightwingers what it means.

But I'm pretty sure that for the woke themselves, the word doesn't mean doing whatever you want. It means being sensitive to the problems of the poor and the different.

Just my take on it. I've never used the word except when pushing back against people who ridicule the woke.

As is so often the case, our friends on the left don’t quite get it. The problem is no what this individual has done. The problem is that the individual continues to be allowed to teach children.
I'm not on the left, but I'd agree that this teacher shouldn't be allowed to walk into a classroom and teach, not unless the kids are older, in which case I'd call it 'a gag' and not be troubled by it. I'd be embarrassed by it but not troubled.

I can't speak to your area's school system, but CRT principles are absolutely being taught in many public schools, and that too is cause for concern. It's a warped ideology, and it does not belong in public education, IMO.
Which principles? Which schools?

Should a midget/dwarf not be allowed to teach, because of their diminutive size?

Back
Top Bottom