• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of how bad racial tensions have become under Obama

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
George Zimmerman rescue family terrified they will become targets for hate mobs | Mail Online

The family rescued by George Zimmerman after a rollover crash in Florida are terrified they will become targets for hate mobs who have made death threats to the neighborhood vigilante.

Mark and Dana Michelle Gerstle told friends they do not want to talk publicly about Zimmerman for fear they will be accused of portraying him as a hero - and face a backlash from those who consider he got away with murder.

To those of you who are out there pimping the race issue...congratulations.

This is just sick. There is no good reason that anything like this should EVER enter the thought process of a completely uninvolved family but that's where we are. Between the professional race pimps, the "black twitter" crowd, the progressive left, an overzealous Florida prosecutor, a wimp of a Florida governor, a racially biased DoJ and a president who can't manage to stay out of stuff he has no business being in this is what we get.

Y'all want a rational discussion about race in America then start acting rational!

I'm just absolutely sickened by the hyperventilation, sensationalism, and downright schoolyard meanness that has surrounded the Zimmerman case. I'm appalled that our media has been insanely biased on this matter and fed the trolls that thrive on this crap. Yeah, it's all "free speech" but this is the kind of crap it's spurring.

George Zimmerman rescue family terrified they will become targets for hate mobs | Mail Online

This is just sick. There is no good reason that anything like this should EVER enter the thought process of a completely uninvolved family but that's where we are. Between the professional race pimps, the "black twitter" crowd, the progressive left, an overzealous Florida prosecutor, a wimp of a Florida governor, a racially biased DoJ and a president who can't manage to stay out of stuff he has no business being in this is what we get.

Y'all want a rational discussion about race in America then start acting rational!

I'm just absolutely sickened by the hyperventilation, sensationalism, and downright schoolyard meanness that has surrounded the Zimmerman case. I'm appalled that our media has been insanely biased on this matter and fed the trolls that thrive on this crap. Yeah, it's all "free speech" but this is the kind of crap it's spurring.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I will be surprised if Zimmerman isn't murdered in the near future and the prosecutor will have blood on his hands.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I see a waft of drama in the air. If they don't want to talk about it? Then don't talk about it. What's the problem with that? A personal note of thanks to George Zimmerman, and they're done. Perhaps the note would even mention that they don't intend to talk about it publicly. Wouldn't even have to say why. (I'd certainly send him a personal note of thanks.) To the press: No comment. No comment. No comment. No comment. They'll go away.

Me senses a Brer Rabbit here.

I see a waft of drama in the air. If they don't want to talk about it? Then don't talk about it. What's the problem with that? A personal note of thanks to George Zimmerman, and they're done. Perhaps the note would even mention that they don't intend to talk about it publicly. Wouldn't even have to say why. (I'd certainly send him a personal note of thanks.) To the press: No comment. No comment. No comment. No comment. They'll go away.

Maybe I'm not following your thought process here. Isn't the fact that Brer Fox is even present a problem?......and didn't they ban Joel Chandler Harris books from schools?

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Where's the fun in getting along? Without endless crap to complain, bitch, whine, and cry victim about... we might all have to come to terms with our own flaws and faults. Who wants to do that?

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

You are the one projecting racial tensions onto this. The family never said anything about race.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Let me get this straight...There is this family who once was rescued by Zimmerman, and now they are afraid They MIGHT GET ATTACKED, presumably by a fictional "hate" mob. And in order to ward off any would be attacks. They go and publicly announce they are the ones who once were rescued by Zimmerman but the don't wanne be in the public's eye so that they don't be come a target!

There is at least one family for you who definitely is not pimping the race issue!!!!!!!!!

Glad you brought this to our attention. I had not idea Fictional hate mobs going after white folks who survived a roller crashes was such a epidemic problem in this country .

Diving Mullah

You are the one projecting racial tensions onto this. The family never said anything about race.

I'm the one putting race into the issue?

They're concerned that if they say anything positive about Zimmerman they will become targets. The reason that Zimmerman is such a pariah right now is, without question, race based. The family is concerned that the racial animus directed toward Zimmerman will have a contingent effect on them.

Let me get this straight...There is this family who once was rescued by Zimmerman, and now they are afraid They MIGHT GET ATTACKED, presumably by a fictional "hate" mob. And in order to ward off any would be attacks. They go and publicly announce they are the ones who once were rescued by Zimmerman but the don't wanne be in the public's eye so that they don't be come a target!

There is at least one family for you who definitely is not pimping the race issue!!!!!!!!!

Glad you brought this to our attention. I had not idea Fictional hate mobs going after white folks who survived a roller crashes was such a epidemic problem in this country .

Diving Mullah

They haven't said a thing and I'd suggest that your misinterpretation of what's going on is EXACTLY why they have a very valid reason to be concerned.

Your post couldn't have been a better exemplar of the issue if you'd tried.

I'm the one putting race into the issue?

They're concerned that if they say anything positive about Zimmerman they will become targets. The reason that Zimmerman is such a pariah right now is, without question, race based. The family is concerned that the racial animus directed toward Zimmerman will have a contingent effect on them.

Zimmerman is a "pariah" because he confronted someone minding their own business, shot them, and suffered no consequences. If that were your perception of the incident, wouldn't you be upset regardless of the race of the victim or shooter?

Zimmerman is a "pariah" because he confronted someone minding their own business, shot them, and suffered no consequences. If that were your perception of the incident, wouldn't you be upset regardless of the race of the victim or shooter?

If you've missed the racial aspect of the Zimmerman case you never paid any attention to begin with.

I'm also not about to start turning this thread into another one about the evidence in the case. We've already got a whole subforum dedicated to that.

Maybe I'm not following your thought process here. Isn't the fact that Brer Fox is even present a problem?......and didn't they ban Joel Chandler Harris books from schools?

Br'er Rabbit /ˈbrɛər/, also spelled Bre'r Rabbit or Brer Rabbit or Bruh Rabbit, is a central figure as Uncle Remus tells stories of the Southern United States. Br'er Rabbit is a trickster who succeeds by his wits rather than by brawn, tweaking authority figures and bending social mores as he sees fit. The name "Br'er Rabbit", a syncope of "Brother Rabbit", has been linked to both African and Cherokee cultures. The Walt Disney Company later adapted this character for its animated motion picture Song of the South.

"Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Don't throw me in the briar patch!!!!" His books were banned? I didn't know that.

"Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Don't throw me in the briar patch!!!!" His books were banned? I didn't know that.

I don't know. I seem to remember that there was all kinds of controversy over them several years back. His books, Huck Finn and a bunch of other classics were supposed to be pulled out of schools because they were racist.

BTW, as a kid I probably got more out of those stories than anything else until I hit college.

Where's the fun in getting along? Without endless crap to complain, bitch, whine, and cry victim about... we might all have to come to terms with our own flaws and faults. Who wants to do that?

...and this is exactly why 0bama and the Race Pimps (great band name there, by the way) totally ignore Detroit and Chicago. Blacks are killing blacks faster than most diseases, but hey....let's not get off the Zimmerman topic, shall we?

...and this is exactly why 0bama and the Race Pimps (great band name there, by the way) totally ignore Detroit and Chicago. Blacks are killing blacks faster than most diseases, but hey....let's not get off the Zimmerman topic, shall we?

Every time I try to directly suggest that we should let the topic die, I'm attacked for acting as an elitist who thinks himself above the fray, so thought I'd try another tact... oh well....

Every time I try to directly suggest that we should let the topic die, I'm attacked for acting as an elitist who thinks himself above the fray, so thought I'd try another tact... oh well....

I disagree. Do NOT let the topic die. This is what promotes ignorance.

For instance, I'm white but some of my closest friends are black. We constantly talk about racial issues. We debate. We analyze. We get each other to understand. Imagine the tensions if we were too uptight to talk about it? Imagine all the conclusions we'd jump to, without actual knowledge?

Think about how many white racists we have in this country who've never sat down and had a beer with a black person, and talked civilly about their differences? How many racist black folks have never gotten out of the ghetto to understand what makes whites different from blacks?

...there's more than you can think...from both sides.

I disagree. Do NOT let the topic die. This is what promotes ignorance.

For instance, I'm white but some of my closest friends are black. We constantly talk about racial issues. We debate. We analyze. We get each other to understand. Imagine the tensions if we were too uptight to talk about it? Imagine all the conclusions we'd jump to, without actual knowledge?

Think about how many white racists we have in this country who've never sat down and had a beer with a black person, and talked civilly about their differences? How many racist black folks have never gotten out of the ghetto to understand what makes whites different from blacks?

...there's more than you can think...from both sides.

I guess I draw a distinction between enlightened intellectual discourse, such as that between you and your friends, and throwing fuel on a fire already getting out of control. I see nothing constructive on this subject in the media... only a means to a ratings end.

I guess I draw a distinction between enlightened intellectual discourse, such as that between you and your friends, and throwing fuel on a fire already getting out of control. I see nothing constructive on this subject in the media... only a means to a ratings end.

Those who throw fuel on fire are the ignorant ones.

And don't even THINK of looking to the media for this subject. Their job is to sell advertisement, and inciting racial tensions draws viewership. Just look at that race pimp Al Sharpton. if he weren't such a whore for the topic, no one would care what he says. It's "self-advertisement" for a blatant attention whore.

Those who throw fuel on fire are the ignorant ones.

And don't even THINK of looking to the media for this subject.

I don't... don't even own a TV... but far, far too many do... look at the media.

You left out the part were the guy who was minding his own business was bashing Zimmerman's head on the concrete and beating on his face. Ignoring the facts of the case is essential to your perception of it, it seems.

I will be surprised if Zimmerman isn't murdered in the near future and the prosecutor will have blood on his hands.

Nobody really WANTS what would happen if Zimmerman dies unnaturally...

What a sad state that people aren't championing this guy... Consider, since trayvon died, there have been over 400 black people murdered in Chicago alone. FBI stats say 94% of the time a black guy is murdered its another black guy (compared to 80-85% for other races).

Now given my understanding of the facts, I trayvon had been armed he might very well have been in a situation where he "got away with murder". At worst he should have been charged with manslaughter, but they wanted a show, so they got one... And the hood rats bought into it, and people everywhere are being targeted because of this all.

As for blood on his hands, add Obama to that list; first calling him "like a son" and then "correcting" by saying "that could have been me at that age".

I hope sanity prevails...

Looks to me like the reporters just showed up at their house and pulled pictures off of Facebook to post in their news article.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

You are the definition of a wet your pants scared to death conservative. :lamo

And what is it you figure I'm scared of?

The OP sounded like you were having cold sweats just typing about it. Do you realistically think these people are truly in danger? "Death threats" come with every major story. You could save a kitten from a tree and there'd be somebody, somewhere with the Western Dog Superiority Alliance threatening to kill you.

This is just another story for you guys to get hysterical and play the victim card.

Back
Top Bottom