• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another example of how bad racial tensions have become under Obama

The OP sounded like you were having cold sweats just typing about it. Do you realistically think these people are truly in danger? "Death threats" come with every major story. You could save a kitten from a tree and there'd be somebody, somewhere with the Western Dog Superiority Alliance threatening to kill you.

This is just another story for you guys to get hysterical and play the victim card.

So you don't believe they're scared or don't have a good reason to be scared. I see.

Their picture is in the news. Their house is pictured. The media was able to find them. They've got a couple of small kids. There's lunatics all over the place posting hateful things about Zimmerman and his supporters. There were suggestions that this was all staged to make Zimmerman look good. What if some crazy decided to pay them a visit? What if their kids get attacked in school? I'd suggest that there are some VERY valid reasons for them to be concerned and the root of those reasons is is all the race hustlers who are fanning the flames.

"Please!!!!! Please!!!!! Don't throw me in the briar patch!!!!" His books were banned? I didn't know that.

i would have gone with El-ahrairah myself for the rabbit analogy, but beware you might be considered a bigot because of the black rabbit of inle possibly leading zim to treyvon that day.

So you don't believe they're scared or don't have a good reason to be scared. I see.

Their picture is in the news. Their house is pictured. The media was able to find them. They've got a couple of small kids. There's lunatics all over the place posting hateful things about Zimmerman and his supporters. There were suggestions that this was all staged to make Zimmerman look good. What if some crazy decided to pay them a visit? What if their kids get attacked in school? I'd suggest that there are some VERY valid reasons for them to be concerned and the root of those reasons is is all the race hustlers who are fanning the flames.

yes, because these people are so scary zimmerman is riding around his old neighborhood and possibly even still living there right in plain view of everyone.

You are getting over dramatic about things. i have received a ton of death threats over the internet. I even have a standing invitation to meet any person who threatens to kill me for a chat and a cup of coffee. people make anonymous death threats all the time. if people were serious about killing zim he would be dead. he is not bright, he is not hiding well, and he is hotheaded and prone to reaction. this would be one of the easiest people to kill in the world if people actually wanted to. you just taunt him, wait until he sticks his head up, and then blow it off. He is not a terribly hard target, and since he is roaming around his old neighborhood it shouldn't be too long before he is dead if people are serious. Of course, they are not serious.

i would have gone with El-ahrairah myself for the rabbit analogy, but beware you might be considered a bigot because of the black rabbit of inle possibly leading zim to treyvon that day.

I'm actually about to dig into the plague dogs, myself. But a little weary of the fact that they supposedly toned down the "WTF factor" in the cartoon

Like I said, you're a wet your pants conservative. Nobody is going to do anything, its just angry talk.

Like I said, you're a wet your pants conservative. Nobody is going to do anything, its just angry talk.

You can only say that because you haven't been paying attention... It's not anything to a disconcerting scale, but there have been dozens of racially motivated attacks, mostly agains white people since the zimmerman verdict.

Meanwhile they don't care about the 400+ (in Chicago alone) black people, including women and children that habe been killed since trayvon was killed.

People ARE doing stuff, it will probably die down, but it might also escalate... Let's not be delusional...

I will be surprised if Zimmerman isn't
murdered in the near future and the prosecutor will have blood on his hands.

Far more people than the prosecutor will have blood on their hands.

yes, because these people are so scary zimmerman is riding around his old neighborhood and possibly even still living there right in plain view of everyone.

You are getting over dramatic about things. i have received a ton of death threats over the internet. I even have a standing invitation to meet any person who threatens to kill me for a chat and a cup of coffee. people make anonymous death threats all the time. if people were serious about killing zim he would be dead. he is not bright, he is not hiding well, and he is hotheaded and prone to reaction. this would be one of the easiest people to kill in the world if people actually wanted to. you just taunt him, wait until he sticks his head up, and then blow it off. He is not a terribly hard target, and since he is roaming around his old neighborhood it shouldn't be too long before he is dead if people are serious. Of course, they are not serious.

Y'all are completely missing the point here...these people ARE scared. They are scared because of the level of crazy that has been directed at Zimmerman since this case began. Whether those fears are likely to play out or not isn't the point. After all, the really insidious thing about terrorism isn't that it's likely that something will happen, it's that it could at any moment.

You can only say that because you haven't been paying attention... It's not anything to a disconcerting scale, but there have been dozens of racially motivated attacks, mostly agains white people since the zimmerman verdict.

Meanwhile they don't care about the 400+ (in Chicago alone) black people, including women and children that habe been killed since trayvon was killed.

People ARE doing stuff, it will probably die down, but it might also escalate... Let's not be delusional...

Have any links for your make believe? I thought not.

Have any links for your make believe? I thought not.

See, this is another great example of EXACTLY what the problem is.

The family IS nervous about what the reaction will be against them -
George Zimmerman rescue: Press conference today for family Zimmerman helped after crash - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Why is it so hard for you people to comprehend their apprehension while you have no problem at all believing that Trayvon was nervous? If you want to have a rational discussion about racial tensions in this country then you need to open your damned eyes and CHOOSE TO SEE!

George Zimmerman rescue family terrified they will become targets for hate mobs | Mail Online

To those of you who are out there pimping the race issue...congratulations.

This is just sick. There is no good reason that anything like this should EVER enter the thought process of a completely uninvolved family but that's where we are. Between the professional race pimps, the "black twitter" crowd, the progressive left, an overzealous Florida prosecutor, a wimp of a Florida governor, a racially biased DoJ and a president who can't manage to stay out of stuff he has no business being in this is what we get.

Y'all want a rational discussion about race in America then start acting rational!

I'm just absolutely sickened by the hyperventilation, sensationalism, and downright schoolyard meanness that has surrounded the Zimmerman case. I'm appalled that our media has been insanely biased on this matter and fed the trolls that thrive on this crap. Yeah, it's all "free speech" but this is the kind of crap it's spurring.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I long for the days before the Zimmerman trial, when no one was afraid of black people

I long for the days before the Zimmerman trial, when no one was afraid of black people

Sarcasm noted but that's the whole point...it works both ways and always has. What we have going on now is hypersensitivity on both sides of the matter and that level is being kept up by professional race hustlers and a president who has insinuated himself where he has no business being.

Sarcasm noted but that's the whole point...it works both ways and always has. What we have going on now is hypersensitivity on both sides of the matter and that level is being kept up by professional race hustlers and a president who has insinuated himself where he has no business being.

I agree, but you left out the part about how some of the hypersensitive are using the case to portray whites as being oppressed by minorities.

I've noticed how many of the threads started since the trial ended are about that very subject

I agree, but you left out the part about how some of the hypersensitive are using the case to portray whites as being oppressed by minorities.

I've noticed how many of the threads started since the trial ended are about that very subject

That's also been working both ways.

no one is going to touch or even thinking bad about that family in the accident.. they had nothing to do with zimmerman.... they have a lot of zimmerman supporters in plain site and nothing happened to them so what are you talking about ... quit tripping out. and quit being worried about the new black panther party they are just talk and no other blacks back them up...trust me..oh i forgot ,,black people cant be trusted...you people would love black people to do something negative to someone about this case...black people have nothing to do about what the media does,,,,,,please

Y'all are completely missing the point here...these people ARE scared. They are scared because of the level of crazy that has been directed at Zimmerman since this case began. Whether those fears are likely to play out or not isn't the point. After all, the really insidious thing about terrorism isn't that it's likely that something will happen, it's that it could at any moment.

I understand what you mean. On a funny (not so funny) note, my spouse and I were joking last night .."Welcome to the USA, here is your Hate Crime indicator card. Please use this prior to making any decision on action of self defense. Also please understand that the details and contex of a self defense issue may be disregarded by the federal government in the event of minority special interest group or public outrage."

Meant to be a joke between spouses, but in all honesty.. it isn't so funny.

no one is going to touch or even thinking bad about that family in the accident.. they had nothing to do with zimmerman.... they have a lot of zimmerman supporters in plain site and nothing happened to them so what are you talking about ... quit tripping out. and quit being worried about the new black panther party they are just talk and no other blacks back them up...trust me..oh i forgot ,,black people cant be trusted...you people would love black people to do something negative to someone about this case...black people have nothing to do about what the media does,,,,,,please

Really?

What about that Walmart that got mob-robbed during one of the Trayvon Martin marches? What about the windows and cars that got busted up? What did they do to get involved in the case? What about all that crap about "boycott Florida"? What did 6 million other Floridians have to do with anything?

What's the potential that these folks preteen kids will be harassed at school just because their parents are in the news regarding this issue?

At this point pretty much anybody who comes out publicly in support of Zimmerman is setting themselves up for harassment and it's not particularly far fetched that even indirect support for him will result in the same. Have you looked at the comments about this? There's TONS of people out there suggesting that the accident was staged or that somehow or other these people are complicit in a plan to "redeem" Zimmerman.

Oh, and more specifically to your comments, it's not just blacks or all blacks that are stirring the pot. There are plenty white race hustlers out there too who are fanning the flames. I don't know why you'd be so focused on just the blacks....

See, this is another great example of EXACTLY what the problem is.

The family IS nervous about what the reaction will be against them -
George Zimmerman rescue: Press conference today for family Zimmerman helped after crash - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Why is it so hard for you people to comprehend their apprehension while you have no problem at all believing that Trayvon was nervous? If you want to have a rational discussion about racial tensions in this country then you need to open your damned eyes and CHOOSE TO SEE!

Where are the "attacks on dozens of people"? All I'm seeing is hysterical conservatives complaining about how they're in danger. Kind of funny how a black kid gets murdered and conservatives are the ones who should be afraid? Conservatives are the victim here? Zimmerman is the victim?

Where are the "attacks on dozens of people"? All I'm seeing is hysterical conservatives complaining about how they're in danger. Kind of funny how a black kid gets murdered and conservatives are the ones who should be afraid? Conservatives are the victim here? Zimmerman is the victim?

actually it was not murder. The kid was certainly killed, but such was deemed justifiable by the law. And so far, the criticism against the ruling has failed to establish any real issue with it.

Secondly, I would say regardless of my personal feeling on Zimmerman, that he is a victim here. Considering that a) he was dragged through the mud by the media and b) is being targeted unduly by the govt for prosecution.

Where did you get the "attacks on dozens of people" quote? It wasn't in my post and it wasn't in the article.

This is exactly what I'm talking about with regard to fanning the flames.

George Zimmerman rescue family terrified they will become targets for hate mobs | Mail Online

To those of you who are out there pimping the race issue...congratulations.

This is just sick. There is no good reason that anything like this should EVER enter the thought process of a completely uninvolved family but that's where we are. Between the professional race pimps, the "black twitter" crowd, the progressive left, an overzealous Florida prosecutor, a wimp of a Florida governor, a racially biased DoJ and a president who can't manage to stay out of stuff he has no business being in this is what we get.

Y'all want a rational discussion about race in America then start acting rational!

I'm just absolutely sickened by the hyperventilation, sensationalism, and downright schoolyard meanness that has surrounded the Zimmerman case. I'm appalled that our media has been insanely biased on this matter and fed the trolls that thrive on this crap. Yeah, it's all "free speech" but this is the kind of crap it's spurring.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

How true you are. It blows my mind how the country is just destroying itself from the inside out.

Where did you get the "attacks on dozens of people" quote? It wasn't in my post and it wasn't in the article.

This is exactly what I'm talking about with regard to fanning the flames.

I was asking BMAN for links.

You quoted my response to this as though you were defending it. So again, where are these attacks? All I see is "the sky is falling" without anything actually happening.

I was asking BMAN for links.

You quoted my response to this as though you were defending it. So again, where are these attacks? All I see is "the sky is falling" without anything actually happening.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76679771/

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...otographer-attacked-during-crenshaw-protests/

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76719250/

http://fox6now.com/2013/07/15/milwaukee-police-investigate-attack-on-wauwatosa-man/

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/228507...taliation-for-zimmerman-verdict#axzz2ZDrUBda7

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_23666564/protesters-takeover-i-880-oakland

I'll stop there... So ya, my point remains don't pretend these attacks are not happening, that's 6 articles and there are another dozen or so that I could have selected.

I agree this is not widespread attacks, and the sky is not falling, but we can't pretend like its not going on at all...

The Baltimore Sun

CBS2/KCAL9 Reporter, Photographer Attacked During Crenshaw Protests « CBS Los Angeles

LA Times

Man attacked believes it was in response to Zimmerman verdict | FOX6Now.com

Jogger says he was attacked in retaliation for Zimmerman verdict - DC News Weather Sports FOX 5 DC WTTG

Oakland: At least two people injured during hours-long protest; freeway briefly shut down - Inside Bay Area

I'll stop there... So ya, my point remains don't pretend these attacks are not happening, that's 6 articles and there are another dozen or so that I could have selected.

I agree this is not widespread attacks, and the sky is not falling, but we can't pretend like its not going on at all...

Three of those seem like reasonable evidence such things are happening. I wonder how many of those attacks were just stupid thugs that would have assaulted somebody for no reason anyway and just threw the Martin thing in there as justification. I know that sounds silly but where I grew up kids used to beat the hell out of native american wino's in the park all the time for "fun", its pretty gross.

You are correct though there are some attacks going on so some fear is reasonable.

Three of those seem like reasonable evidence such things are happening. I wonder how many of those attacks were just stupid thugs that would have assaulted somebody for no reason anyway and just threw the Martin thing in there as justification. I know that sounds silly but where I grew up kids used to beat the hell out of native american wino's in the park all the time for "fun", its pretty gross.

You are correct though there are some attacks going on so some fear is reasonable.

Not even fear, I mean, let's exaggerate and say there have been 500 attacks like that, that's still odds that are in te range of rounding errors.

That and ya, I bet most of the attacks that ARE happening are just thugs looking for an excuse.

I wasn't fully opposed to what you were saying, just that these attacks ARE happening, but not in such a widespread manner that it's really a concern.

Back
Top Bottom