• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Eco-Fiasco - A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US

JBG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Another problem with so-called 'green energy', A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US and was fined $8 million. Almost all died from being hit by the blades. Add to this the article, The Lithium Gold Rush: Inside the Race to Power Electric Vehicles in the far from "denier" New York Times (link), which points out that there is much environmental damage from manufacturing electirc automobiles.and similar threads discuss the dirty little secrets about "clean" energy. At best, "clean" energy makes us feel like we're "doing something."

Solar and wind power have been trumpeted as a cure-all for the environment. After all they emit no CO2, the bogeyman for "global warming" or "climate change." Even better yet, they require subsidies and subsidies that expand the role of government. Above all, they feel good. A National Review article, A Clean Energy’s Dirty Little Secret, reviews disposal problems with regard to 25 year old panels, their useful life. Before people get on their high horse and point out that National Review is a conservative publication, can someone point to factual errors in the story. The article points out that "(f)ederal and state governments have been slow to enact disposal and recycling policies, undoubtedly fearful of raising any red flags about the environmental threat posed by a purported climate-change panacea." Like used computers and televisions "(s)olar panels are considered a form of toxic, hazardous electronic or “e-waste....”

Other articles have explored wind power's highly blemished environmental record. In an article entitled Wind Forum Explores Concerns. It seems many Vermonters have had not only their scenery, but right to live in reasonable quiet, utterly wrecked. A neighbor of one such project, quoted in the article stated:
Michael Fairneny said:
Now it's like living near the airport. The sound does change.... My wife's ears ring whenever she's at home. She has tinnitus never had ear problems and we've been traveling up and down this mountain for 29 years. Never any issues with going up and down the mountain and we don't know what we're going to do yet.
Many people feel the need to "do something" and "start somewhere." They are very impressed with pronouncements from big, glitzy forums such as those held in Paris where the Climate Accords were "negotiated" and announced. There was to be sure lots of top officials and entertainment such as Elton John. But when the shouting is done, has anything been accomplished, other than to obtain more taxpayer money and move around the environmental problems? Another article on this subject, The Not-So-Green Mountains, written by Steve E. Wright, an aquatic biologist and a former commissioner of the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department. It seems that the incentives for "green" power have trumped not only common sense, but other environmental values. This fanaticism about an unproven problem, anthropogenic global warming ("AGW") is cause an awful lot of damage.

I read that article shortly after driving to southern Vermont through the previously beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts. There, wind turbines sullied the ridgeline. Similarly when my wife and I took a hike through a wild part of the Adirondacks, Whetstone Gulf State Park, about 100 yards from the hiking trail, just outside the park boundaries, were similar turbines. Wind power needs massive subsidies to be viable, and causes environmental damage of its own. Isn't it time to stop this madness?

At best we're trading one doubtful environmental issue, climate change, for another definite one, killing of wildlife. This is bad news that the environmental movement is desperate to de-emphasize.

It's official: climate cultists hate birds.

I've been arguing with enviro-nazis for decades, and I believe I can accurately predict their response to both issues.

Regarding the eagles, they will say that's a small but necessary sacrifice to save the world from climate catastrophe.

Michael Fairneny said:
Now it's like living near the airport. The sound does change.... My wife's ears ring whenever she's at home. She has tinnitus never had ear problems and we've been traveling up and down this mountain for 29 years. Never any issues with going up and down the mountain and we don't know what we're going to do yet.

For this they will say: Good. Humans need to suffer for all of the damage they have done to the earth.

How many animals have been killed by fossil fuels?

Another problem with so-called 'green energy', A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US and was fined $8 million. Almost all died from being hit by the blades. Add to this the article, The Lithium Gold Rush: Inside the Race to Power Electric Vehicles in the far from "denier" New York Times (link), which points out that there is much environmental damage from manufacturing electirc automobiles.and similar threads discuss the dirty little secrets about "clean" energy. At best, "clean" energy makes us feel like we're "doing something."

Solar and wind power have been trumpeted as a cure-all for the environment. After all they emit no CO2, the bogeyman for "global warming" or "climate change." Even better yet, they require subsidies and subsidies that expand the role of government. Above all, they feel good. A National Review article, A Clean Energy’s Dirty Little Secret, reviews disposal problems with regard to 25 year old panels, their useful life. Before people get on their high horse and point out that National Review is a conservative publication, can someone point to factual errors in the story. The article points out that "(f)ederal and state governments have been slow to enact disposal and recycling policies, undoubtedly fearful of raising any red flags about the environmental threat posed by a purported climate-change panacea." Like used computers and televisions "(s)olar panels are considered a form of toxic, hazardous electronic or “e-waste....”

Other articles have explored wind power's highly blemished environmental record. In an article entitled Wind Forum Explores Concerns. It seems many Vermonters have had not only their scenery, but right to live in reasonable quiet, utterly wrecked. A neighbor of one such project, quoted in the article stated:

Many people feel the need to "do something" and "start somewhere." They are very impressed with pronouncements from big, glitzy forums such as those held in Paris where the Climate Accords were "negotiated" and announced. There was to be sure lots of top officials and entertainment such as Elton John. But when the shouting is done, has anything been accomplished, other than to obtain more taxpayer money and move around the environmental problems? Another article on this subject, The Not-So-Green Mountains, written by Steve E. Wright, an aquatic biologist and a former commissioner of the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department. It seems that the incentives for "green" power have trumped not only common sense, but other environmental values. This fanaticism about an unproven problem, anthropogenic global warming ("AGW") is cause an awful lot of damage.

I read that article shortly after driving to southern Vermont through the previously beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts. There, wind turbines sullied the ridgeline. Similarly when my wife and I took a hike through a wild part of the Adirondacks, Whetstone Gulf State Park, about 100 yards from the hiking trail, just outside the park boundaries, were similar turbines. Wind power needs massive subsidies to be viable, and causes environmental damage of its own. Isn't it time to stop this madness?

At best we're trading one doubtful environmental issue, climate change, for another definite one, killing of wildlife. This is bad news that the environmental movement is desperate to de-emphasize.
But living downwind from a coal plant is OK. Those are only people, right? And likely poor people at that.

Leftists hate humans, birds just happen to be in the way of their desire for genocide.

The wind farm may have killed 150 eagles (we don't know for sure because the OP provided a bogus link), but Democrat Governors Cuomo, Murphy, Wolf, and Newsom intentionally slaughtered tens of thousands of Americans in 2020 alone.

Reactions: PoS
But living downwind from a coal plant is OK. Those are only people, right? And likely poor people at that.
More than half the population of Alaska lives downwind of both the Eska coal mine in Sutton, and the Usibelli coal mine outside Denali National Park. Are you asserting that there might be a problem with living downwind from a coal mine? If so, you had better provide proof. Irrational leftist nuttier won't cut it.

You believe oil gas and coal mining don't kill wildlife? Do you think that 150 dead eagles, over 10 years and across 150 wind farms (equalling 0.1 dead eagles per windfarm per year) is worse than the 1 millions birds killed by oil fields?

Leftists hate humans, birds just happen to be in the way of their desire for genocide.

The wind farm may have killed 150 eagles (we don't know for sure because the OP provided a bogus link), but Democrat Governors Cuomo, Murphy, Wolf, and Newsom intentionally slaughtered tens of thousands of Americans in 2020 alone.
(we don't know for sure because the OP provided a bogus link)

After a very short Google search on [wind farm fined for killing eagles]

Wind farm operator pays $8 million fine for killing eagles LINK

Wind Energy Company Cited for Killing More Than 150 Eagles LINK

A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US and was fined $8 million. Almost all died from being hit by the blades. LINK

Wind energy company pleads guilty after at least 150 eagles killed in U.S. LINK

In other articles about this case, it has been reported that the judge noted that the company had an unfair competitive advantage because of its refusal to follow existing environmental rules meant to protect the eagles.

This fact has been conveniently omitted in your links and comment.

Last edited:
That isn't science, that is propaganda. With an education you would have been able to tell the difference. Since you are obviously lacking an education you chose propaganda that has never been peer-reviewed much less published outside of the Environmental Defense Fund propaganda organization. A fanatical leftist organization that deliberately lies at every opportunity. So much for your very non-scientific source. Here is some advice, get an education so you can actually distinguish between what is science and what is propaganda.

(we don't know for sure because the OP provided a bogus link)

After a very short Google search on [wind farm fined for killing eagles]

Wind farm operator pays $8 million fine for killing eagles LINK

Wind Energy Company Cited for Killing More Than 150 Eagles LINK

A wind farm company admitted killing 150 eagles in the US and was fined $8 million. Almost all died from being hit by the blades. LINK

Wind energy company pleads guilty after at least 150 eagles killed in U.S. LINK
At least someone knows how to post a URL. Which is obviously more than can be said about the OP.

If the OP can't be bothered to post a functioning URL, I'm not interested in doing their work for them. I just dismiss them as idiots and move on.

But not from cancer?

That link may have expired. Here is a link with similar information, Wind Energy Company Pleads Guilty to Killing Eagles.

In other articles about this case, it has been reported that the judge noted that the company had an unfair competitive advantage because of its refusal to follow existing environmental rules meant to protect the eagles.

This fact has been conveniently omitted in your links and comment.
Which side do you think I am on here?

Which side do you think I am on here?
It doesn't really matter what I think about your side. My comment is something about the news story that I considered to be important. YMMV

It doesn't really matter what I think about your side. My comment is something about the news story that I considered to be important. YMMV
Your post to me was hostile. I posted the thread that I did because it is yet another do-gooder disaster.

Your post to me was hostile. I posted the thread that I did because it is yet another do-gooder disaster.
You know the solution if you don't care for my comments. Have a lovely day.

I agree, as I said that in another thread.

They champion wind and concentrated solar, even though the information was out there for decades the killing of endangered species.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
How many animals have been killed by fossil fuels?
Good question. I have only seen two reliable examples outside of blogger lies. Oil spills, and marker posts of PVC pipe where birds crawl in and cannot get out. Regulations have been adopted to require capping marker pipes, so old numbers here are no longer valid. Oil spills are few and far between.

To add, these are not endangered species.

Modern coal plants don't have the toxicity the older ones did, and the older ones have modernized or shut down already.

Can you show me wrong?

Back
Top Bottom