• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another day, another hate crime.. oh wait...

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WeHo Sheriff Says Gay YouTuber Faked Hate Crime | Advocate.com

[FONT=&quot]Calum McSwiggan, 26, a YouTuber, posted a photo of himself on social media claiming that he was attacked outside a gay bar in West Hollywood Monday, but the police are telling a different story.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a statement to [/FONT]The Advocate, [FONT=&quot]Holly M. Perez, captain of the West Hollywood Station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, said that authorities responded to McSwiggan's report that he was assaulted by three men outside of a gay club. Officers "were unable to substantiate the assault," Perez said. The YouTuber "had no visible injuries" and was arrested when officers went to the scene "after deputies observed him vandalizing a car." The 26-year-old was booked and photographed (photo above) and placed in a cell by himself at the West Hollywood Station. It was there that station personnel say McSwiggan "was then observed injuring himself with the handle and receiver to a payphone inside the cell."[/FONT]
WeHo Sheriff Says Gay YouTuber Faked Hate Crime | Advocate.com

Faking crimes... is crying wolf and hurts real victims, this idiot needs perspective.

It certainly isn't a new phenomenon. I'm sure there is a psychiatric term for people who feel the need to pretend to be victimized in order to obtain sympathy from others. But social media has given such people a much larger platform.

It doesn't seem to favor any particular lean. Yeah, I have seen cases of LGBT people faking attacks or faking discriminating comments left on a restaurant bill. But you also see cases of people pretending their husband was killed in the line of duty or a cop vandalizing his own car. Seems like a similar mentality to the stolen valor people except the type of attention sought is different. Sympathy vs admiration.

That said, with things like Go Fund Me becoming popular you can't rule out financial incentive automatically.

It certainly isn't a new phenomenon. I'm sure there is a psychiatric term for people who feel the need to pretend to be victimized in order to obtain sympathy from others.

This jerk was picked up by the police for vandalizing a car. It's not psychiatric. He's trying to change the narrative to get out of a misdemeanor charge.

Back
Top Bottom