• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Another Day, Another Example of Racism

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
On the same day a black man was released from prison after serving 44 years on a wrongful conviction, by an all white jury and corrupt white prosecutors, we get this.

Weston, Florida:

Former NFL player Brandon Marshall was trying to move into his new home.

Security called the police.

His net worth is an estimated $18M

His scared children were in the car. It never ends...

Video

Cue the Trump cultists to tell us all why it's ok to call the cops on people for being black in your neighborhood.

Well, he bought into an exclusive gated community. Part of what he's paying for is to keep the riff-raff (AKA, not on the list) out. He's paying those very guards to do exactly what they are doing in the video.

Obviously in this case a mistake was made somewhere, because presumably they bend over backwards to make a new resident feel welcome, and so would have put him on the list well in advance.

Last edited:
Cue the Trump cultists to tell us all why it's ok to call the cops on people for being black in your neighborhood.

How uppity of him to be wealthy while black...:roll:

Here are a few more examples of racism

Keep schools closed
Eliminate school choice
Defund the police
Open borders, decriminalize illegal border crossing.

All these policies hurt low income mostly minority communities.

How uppity of him to be wealthy while black...:roll:

Moreso for thinking that he’s the exception to the rule that anyone not on an approved list will be treated as a trespasser by the security he knew the community had. That video is a prime example of the new “DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!” The answer to that always has been and always will be, nobody but a beligerent ***hole

Last edited:
Here are a few more examples of racism

Keep schools closed
Eliminate school choice
Defund the police
Open borders, decriminalize illegal border crossing.

All these policies hurt low income mostly minority communities.

the police benefits whites more than blacks.

On the same day a black man was released from prison after serving 44 years on a wrongful conviction, by an all white jury and corrupt white prosecutors, we get this.

Video

A couple questions that come to mind watching that twitter video...

1. Why wasn't his name on the list? Was it a clerical error? Or did someone deliberately leave his name off the list because he's black?

2. What happened that caused the security guards to call the police? Is that standard procedure? Or did something happen that made those guards feel threatened?

3. What was the eventual outcome of the situation? Did the homeowner's organization apologize to Marshall? Did Marshall apologize to the guards? Is everybody happy now?

The answers to these questions will go a long way toward justifying the OP's claims of racism.

btw, what does that other event have to do with Marshall's situation? Is Marshall about to be sent to jail for something he didn't do?

Is it ok to call the police to remove a trespasser? They say in the video there are other black residents, so it doesn't sound like it's an overtly racist policy.

Marshall is being a Karen. Rules don't apply to him. He takes a minor process mistake and maps it directly to a nation issue.

I suppose the correct move would have been to immediately contact whoever he dealt with from the community when buying the home, and yelling at them so they can set security straight, and everyone can go on about their day.

the police benefits whites more than blacks.

I have a white friend who was once strung out and hanging around the projects. He told me whenever the cops came to knock heads, they always worked around him.

Well, he bought into an exclusive gated community. Part of what he's paying for is to keep the riff-raff (AKA, not on the list) out. He's paying those very guards to do exactly what they are doing in the video.

Obviously in this case a mistake was made somewhere, because presumably they bend over backwards to make a new resident feel welcome, and so would have put him on the list well in advance.

That’s bull****.

If he was a white guy in a pink polo, they would have called the HOA to find out if he’s on the list rather than the police.

Video
Another day, another rash conclusion bunrwce baiters looking for racism in their black breakfast cereal.

Every day, a black violently assaults, rapes and kills a white.

That’s bull****.

If he was a white guy in a pink polo, they would have called the HOA to find out if he’s on the list rather than the police.

Possibly, but neither of us know.

If having no-nonsense security and an exclusive neighborhood isn't what he was looking for, his mistake was some ways back down the trail.

Video

I'm really not sure what that was all about but he even says "My name isn't on the list so you call the cops". Well, that's what security is supposed to do. I used to guard nuclear weapons and if General so and so wasn't on the list or broke one of the rules he got his face planted on the tarmac. Some of these guys need to learn that it isn't all about race.

Oh, I think we both know.

Hey, if I lived close by I'd be happy to prove it either way, but I most certainly don't know. There is no basis for your claim in the video.

Your assumption of it just suggests you just decided you'd found what you were looking for, instead of looking at what is in front of you.

Hey, if I lived close by I'd be happy to prove it either way, but I most certainly don't know. There is no basis for your claim in the video.

Your assumption of it just suggests you just decided you'd found what you were looking for, instead of looking at what is in front of you.

I’ve been through more than one gated community gatehouse, and as a white guy, if I wasn’t on a list no one was even considering calling the cops.

Brandon Marshall sure thought there was a problem, but I guess you don’t want to believe him because...well...I think we both might know why too.

I’ve been through more than one gated community gatehouse, and as a white guy, if I wasn’t on a list no one was even considering calling the cops.

Did you make a scene? It seems like Marshall did, because I doubt the guards went much beyond "Sorry sir, I don't have you on my list, can't let you in" and of course didn't let him in, and at some point asked him to leave and he refused, and the police would come after that.

I'd be interested to hear\see their side and any videos they may have of the early parts of the encounter.

Brandon Marshall sure thought there was a problem, but I guess you don’t want to believe him because...well...I think we both might know why too.

Of course he did and there was a problem. By rights he should have been on the list.

His overreaction to not being the list led him to attach his minor drama to a nationwide issue (like they are anything close to the same) and throw a tantrum, and because people are hypersensitive right now the presumption is he was wronged in some way. At most he was wrongly inconvenienced, and adults don't throw a fit over that.

Did you make a scene? It seems like Marshall did, because I doubt the guards went much beyond "Sorry sir, I don't have you on my list, can't let you in" and of course didn't let him in, and at some point asked him to leave and he refused, and the police would come after that.

I'd be interested to hear\see their side and any videos they may have of the early parts of the encounter.

Of course he did and there was a problem. By rights he should have been on the list.

His overreaction to not being the list led him to attach his minor drama to a nationwide issue (like they are anything close to the same) and throw a tantrum, and because people are hypersensitive right now the presumption is he was wronged in some way. At most he was wrongly inconvenienced, and adults don't throw a fit over that.

Wishful Apologia noted.

Wishful Apologia noted.

I speculate on the unknown based on what I would expect them to do. We don't have much else to work with.

I could speculate further on how we'll probably never see the HOA's video, because they might tend to embarrass their new resident.

All black convicts are victims of racism.

Back
Top Bottom